main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    I honestly think this is totally awesome!!!

2. Darth_Nellie

Darth_Nellie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Yippee an update of my favourite story. This was well worth the wait and I loved the introduction of lots of new characters(to me at least). Hopefully, a solution can be found for Jaina, or at least some time bought for her. After all, she and Anakin have come such a long way. Can't wait to read more.

3. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Great to see a update on this fine story!

Jaina is really going downhill now. The Sith assertation that the Skywalker interference will make no difference have me a bit puzzled, but I think it is Sith arrogance (I hope)

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Of course the witches know Yoda, that was explained in TCOPL

anyways

Loved this chapter and I can't wait for the next installment :)

5. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Damn. You like putting Jaina in such a state of agnst don't you? Well, we'll just have to go canon and get Jagged Fel to kick some sense into you to stop doing this to her (yeah, I know, it was Palpatine doing it, but still...)

Leia's first word was Jaya. I love it. Hopefully you have this planned out for a couple of years in Star Wars time so that the kids can actually communicate with our travelers. That will be interesting to say the least.

Don't take forever next time for the update! Damnit!

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

6. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    *hugs computer* Thank you, thank you and thank you. This chapter was FULLY AWESOME!

7. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    great chapter

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Valairy_Scot
    Oh, well, if you?ve read that far, then you?re not too far off. :p I?ve read up to the second book of Dark Nest and then got tired of the way the EU was going; accordingly, this fic is set before Dark Nest even started. :p

Yes, there are more survivors. They?re just difficult to track down. ;)

GeneralKenobi7
    Yoda visited the witches a long, long time ago. It?s canon fact, actually, so it?s not me being mysterious there. :p

First good news? Yeah, it?s a relief. Our team needs more good news now and then. ;)

Lady_Misty
    I think that would be ideal. Will it happen? Maybe? maybe not. And yes, I do like referring to other EU characters in the time frame (or certain EU characters? grandparents. :p ). It makes the time travel more real to me as a writer.

Jon
    I?m not surprised that you?re glad to see Dathomir. :p The witches are an interesting bunch, to say the least. In canon, Cin Drallig was originally killed by Vader during Order 66. Of course, sans Vader, there?s an entirely different outcome. ;)

Stubborn people exasperate you, eh? :p How do you keep reading Star Wars, it?s full of stubborn people! [face_laugh] ;)

Nat
    Merci! Yes, having time travellers meet grandparents and such amuses me to no end. :p

Jedi_QueenBee
    Thanks! :)

Darth_Nellie
    Your favourite? Awww. [face_blush] [:D] Thanks! Many of the witches (okay, pretty much all of them), are new to me, too. :p I had to do a lot of research since I haven?t read any of their canon stories, nor do I have access to said canon stories (I really wish I could get my hands on a copy of The Courtship of Princess Leia, but alas? not going to happen, I can?t find it anywhere).

You probably know by now that I?m not going to say anything as to whether a solution will be found or not. :p

Ocelotl_Nesto
    Thanks! Yes, Jaina?s not getting any better, and the Sith will be Sith, to put it lightly. But who knows if they?re right or not?

JediFalcon
    Not everyone who is reading this fic has read/knows what happens in the EU. :) I haven?t read all of the post-RotJ EU yet and probably won?t (yay of research).

Thanks for reading! :)

Darth-Semians
    It?s been one big arc of angst. :p One which will hopefully be rectified soon enough. I did warn everyone that this particular arc of the story wasn?t going to be a happy one. ;)

It seemed appropriate to me that Leia?s first word would be her daughter?s name? considering the strange circumstances. :p

Don't take forever next time for the update! Damnit!

Feel free to yell at my schedule, including the five things I?m currently in rehearsal for (three of which are extra-cirricular). :p Theatre and music sap your time.

Icecruncher_Amidala
    [face_laugh]

You?re weclome. :)

The_Slilent_One
    Thanks! :)

Thank you for reading, all! [:D] I can?t say when the next chapter will be, but I have my fingers crossed for good luck. Exam period starts December 5th, so once classes end, I should have more time for my muse to kick into a writing mood.

9. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I know that you started this fic way before it started, but are you going to bring Ahsoka into the fic? How bout a confirmation that Shaak Ti is still alive if you haven't already. Love me some Togrutans.

I know I reviewed on fanfiction.net, but I figured I'd have a better chance getting a response on this board.

10. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    whateveritis12
    Yes, it is generally easier to get an answer out of me on the boards rather than ff.net. :p Reason is that I don't do author reviews over there because I find it interferes with the e-book feeling that ff.net has. Here it's not really a problem since everything is in thread form anyway. :p

Ahsoka will not be appearing in this fic because 1) the outline was finished way before she was even invented and I think her relationship with Anakin would really upset the dynamic here 2) we don't know whether she survives the Clone Wars or not (or if she's even alive during Order 66 or not). As for Shaak Ti... maybe, maybe not. ;)

Good news. I just finished off another chapter (the higher my stress levels, the more writing I do :p ) and I just sent it to Nat. Depending on her schedule, it could be up within a week or two. :)

11. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Yeah! Even though my wife might kill me, I'm going to give you a cyber-hug. [:D]

I'll wait patiently for the post, its not like I got anything else to do... oh wait, its Football season. :cool:

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

12. Kailene

Kailene Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2009
    I usually spend my time in "beyond the sage", but was looking around in the "active topics" section and this caught my eye. I managed to read the last couple of chapters before DRL crept in and disturbed me.

Really great story, I loved what little I have read. I can't wait to go back and read from the beginning. All I can say for now is poor Jaina, sounds like she's been put through the ringer.

If you have a PM list, please add me.

13. Jainasolo101

Jainasolo101 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 23, 2007
    Awsome post!!!!!!!!!

14. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    Nice to see that someone other than his immediate circle of family and friends acknowledge the good in Anakin, not just the potential darkness, especially from someone like Augwynne, a Dathomir witch. What with all the constant reminders, it wouldn't surprise me if he fell to the Dark Side just to get the nagging over with. :p

15. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Well, isn't Allaya D'jo a little ray of sunshine. :p I can see where Tenel gets her serious face from.

[face_not_talking] I know that Jaina is going to flip that Delik-66 the metaphysical bird at some point in this story. [face_worried]Right?

:DYou're involved in three extracurricular performances?!? :oops: Seriously, girl I don't know how you do it.

Great update, Idri. See you on winter break. ;)
    Cyn

16. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Please update! I really love this story. In fact, and this is rather sad, it has inspired a story that I play in my head about what it would be like to be Scout and being bored and stuck and confused with no one caring about you. You don't hear a lot about the kids in this story, which is cool, but still.

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Darth-Semians
    [face_laugh] Okay, cyber-hug accepted. [:D]

Pfft, it?s only football. :p

Kailene
    I?m glad you venuted over to the Saga board! [:D] Hopefully you weren?t too confused; this story has come quite a long ways and the characters? well, there?s a reason why Jaina?s in a bit of a situation right now. I hope you enjoy the story from the start! :D I?ll add you to the PM list. :)

Jainasolo101
    Thanks! :D

Musing
    I can see it now?

People: Nag, nag? nag?. Nagnagnag?
    Anakin: Okay, that?s it, I?m going to the dark side! Happy? [stalks off]

[face_laugh]

Cyn
    All the D?jos are such bright, optomistic people. It must be genetic. :p ;)

Jaina will do what Jaina does best. ;)

Yeah? call me crazy. I don?t know why I?m doing so much, but I?ve realized now how much of a bad idea +3 performances are. [face_worried] I?m not doing this next year. 8-}

JediKaren
    I wish I could give Scout and Whie more spotlight, but they are minor characters and to be honest, they?re not where the story is. I have to be very particular about who has the narration at which point. I would like to write more of them, but right now it doesn?t fit into the story. :(

Thanks for reading, everyone! And now, a treat: Nat got the chapter back to me super fast, so you get another November update. Yipee! It feels like Christmas already, this never happens during the school year! :p 8-}

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER LX
    Spectre of the Past

The witches in charge of her care were insistent that Jaina stay in the medcentre so they could keep an eye on her condition. Jaina was fully annoyed with them; if they thought that she was going to eventually die, why shouldn?t she be allowed to do what she wanted to? She never voiced her opinions aloud, knowing that she was going to annoy her caretakers just as much as they were irritating her. Infuriating a Dathomiri witch was probably not the best idea, considering that they had welcomed strangers into their midst. Unfortunately, being confined to one place was making her tetchy.

?I don?t see why they can?t just let me go,? Jaina said to Anakin the morning a couple of days after she had collapsed. ?I feel so useless!? Her fist slammed into the centre of the pillow she had been playing with on her lap.

?Punching the life out of the pillow?s probably not going to help,? Anakin answered, attempting to hide a smile.

Jaina made a face. ?Sorry. My genes overdosed on stubbornness.?

Anakin laughed. ?Thanks,? he said. ?I realized that.? He fell silent, uncertain of what to say next. There was a topic that neither of them had been inclined to breach, but both of them knew that they would never be satisfied until it was.

?It?s hard to tell whether the Empire will be able to trace us here,? Jaina said finally. ?I mean, I?m such a gigantic beacon in the Force right now, I?m probably shouting, ?I?m over here, I?m over here, come and get me!? to everyone who can listen.? She shunted the pillow aside and drew her knees up, resting her chin on them. ?You?re not getting all headache-y like the rest of them, are you??

Anakin shook his head. ?No,? he said, ?but I will appreciate it when I can finally put some of these barriers down. Keeping them going all the time is probably going to drive me crazy.?

?I?m sorry.?

?Don?t be. It?s not your fault.?

It was no secret that many people were beginning to avoid the room that acted as a medcentre here in the village. Jaina?s presence had become so bright and powerful that it was overwhelming to be in the same vicinity as her; those that did not need to be near her stayed away. Even Obi-Wan and Kyp could only visit for a little while before they had to escape. Only Anakin seemed resistant to Jaina?s rapidly growing powers; but whether it was because he was the Chosen One, or because he was her grandfather, they couldn?t know. What the other patients thought, they couldn?t be sure as no one commented on the effect Jaina?s condition may or may not have on them.

It was becoming altogether frustrating for Jaina. She felt cut-off from everyone else, separated because they literally could not be near her without suffering. It was a strange phenomenon; her connection to the Force and all the powers it gave her were growing daily, but her body was becoming weaker. Jaina was reminded all too forcefully of a moment during her imprisonment when Palpatine had paralyzed her; yet she had still won the battle due to her mental strength.

It was not a particularly pleasant thing to remember, nor was it a situation she wanted to end up in again. If her physical strength was sapped to the point where she could no longer move or speak, she would go insane.

?Jaina,? Anakin said after a while, ?there?s something I want to try.?

?What is it??

Without answering, he reached out and touched her hand. Immediately, Jaina felt an electric shock run through her. Anakin stepped back several paces and sat down in his chair. He looked puzzled.

?I wonder what?s up with that,? he said quietly.

?I don?t think it?s a symptom of the Delik-66,? Jaina said. ?That?s happened before ? whenever I come into contact with you or Padmé.?

Anakin?s eyes narrowed. ?That?s? weird.?

?I know. I thought that maybe it was a sign that I was out of my time ? you know, the time traveller coming in contact with their ancestors ? but it doesn?t happen when I hold the twins.?

?Yeah??

Perhaps it was one mystery that they would never get an answer for.

?How is every

19. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Oh, well, now. Er - wow.

More questions...many more questions. What a lovely long chapter.

20. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    So exciting once again- I love how Jaina is seeing multiple scenarios of her future/past due to her time traveling. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

21. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    I should have known, I should have known...even more mystery in this chapter:rolleyes: Are you shure it wasn't you with Yoda and the witches?:p
    Yay! Jaina is healed![face_dancing] :) Sidious beware...

22. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Yay, I'm so glad Jaina's better!! But Augustine is creeping me out.

23. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    There is only one word to describe this post.....

AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the PM

EG

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, that was fabulous!! The conversation between Augustine and Jaina was wonderfully done. Fantastic job as usual, Idri!! :)

25. Jedi_QueenBee

Jedi_QueenBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2008
    What was up with Augustine in the last part of the chapter? He creeped me out .:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.