Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wonder why that one witch died? Did Jaina use her energy to transport herself, or something? And that conversation with Augustine was wonderful, and raises a whole 'nother set of questions. Such as, if someone is the extreme opposite and hates the one you're fighting, does that make their view of how the universe should be run better? The closest Earth-potential-example I can think of is Communism vs. Fascism, if I'm reading it right.

Thanks for updating!
  2. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    Jaina's healed [face_dancing] And the conversation with Augustine, wow that was great and I cannot wait for the next update
  3. RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost

star 7
    Hmm, interesting. As for stubbornness, there's different levels. Jaina has reached 'frustrating'. ;)

And the plot thickens, too! So, time is... time. And Augustus needs Jaina, but who is he? Must know!
  4. Darth-Semians Jedi Master

star 2
    Um... okay. :confused:

That was... intense, interesting, weird and confusing all rolled all into one. Just one question:

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

P.S. Great chapter, I loved the sacrifices of Luke and Leia for the children, although I would revise the yellow lightsaber for Leia. She is definately a blue woman. :p
  5. Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like a deal with the devil to take on the greater evil... Yipes
  6. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Augustine isn't human? I thought so.

The future ended very badly.

So Jaina is now healed?

I have a fic that is kinda of like TTA it's called Once in a Lifetime.
  7. Leia_is_the1 Jedi Padawan

Hmmm.....the plot thickens. Great Chapter!

I had a bad feeling about Augustine. So it's the "enemy of my enemy is my friend"--or at least partner-- bit. I'm curious as to why Augustine picked Jaina and what is up with the electric shocks between Jaina and her Grandparents...more questions. I can't wait to get the answers---update soon PLEASE [face_praying].
  8. Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 2
    To much to think about in one update![face_hypnotized] Well I think you've offically suceeded as an author with this story. Because I have no idea what's going to happen next, I can't even imagine an outcome. I can't remember the last time I couldn't guess what was going to happen in a story. Great job!=D=
  9. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Valairy_Scot
    Wow, eh? I love giving you guys something to think about. :p Haha. [face_devil]

FitJedi
    It?s the entire situation of Option A could happen, Option B could happen, except you are now at Point X, and Option B has happened, but only because you were missing from Point Y when you needed to be there. It?s kind of mindboggling after a while. :p

I have something tricky up my sleeve. We?ve got a long way to go. ;)

GeneralKenobi7
    If I ever feel the temptation to change my user name from Idrelle_Miocovani to something new, I promise I will go with MysteryGirl, or something along the lines of that. :p

Sidious should be very scared right now. He has something coming to him? kind of. Hopefully. *is mysterious* [face_whistling]

Nat
    Yes, Jaina is finally getting over the post-Kuduran insanity. Now for a new story arc. :D Augustine is supposed to be creepy, girlie. :p He?s a lot more than Random Guy Responsible for Time Travel. ;)

EGKenobi
    Thanks! And you?re welcome. :)

Serena
    Thank you! :)

Jedi_QueenBee
    Very few people in this story or in this galaxy are nice people. [face_plain]

Jaina_Solo_Goddess
    Yay! I?m happy to see that you?re thinking about stuff! :D Of course, I?m not going to say if you?re on the right track or not, but keep thinking about it. ;) You may find that you?re right? or you?ve gone in the opposite direction.

One of the main questions right now for our heroes is whether they can trust Augustine or not? is working with him the best thing to do? Can they even trust him? Oh, so many pleasant things coming up. :D

JediFalcon
    Jaina?s healed and there was much celebrating. :p I promise to veer away from the ?main character is going to DIE! Mwhahaha! [face_devil] ? thing in the near future since we?ve done that twice now. :p

Jon
    Yep. Frustrating stubbornness happens. People will be people; all of us are annoying and frustrating at some point. I try to make my characters like people. :p

You know, whenever someone tells me that the plot thickens, I can help but imagine myself at an imaginary cauldron in the Hogwarts dungeons during Potions class, making a potion called ?Plot?. Currently, it?s a dark grey, bubbly-thick, sludge like mixture that kind of resembles Polyjuice potion in my head. 8-}

(I?m in a bit of a Harry Potter phase right now, can?t you tell? 8-} )

Darth-Semians
    Will I say what the hell is going on?

You should know the answer to that by now. [face_skull] The Miocovani family operates on secrecy. [face_shhh]

Leia?s a blue woman, eh? I wanted to give her something a bit different, so I chose yellow because you don?t see too many yellow lightsabers. :p

Ocelotl_Nesto
    [face_devil] And who can you trust? Ooooh. [face_devil]

Lady_Misty
    One version of the future ended badly. Now that Jaina is? well, seemingly back where she belongs, she will probably start by trying to change things.

Are you writing time travel, too? Cool.

Leia_is_the1
    The enemy of my enemy is my friend? very apt. Questions, questions every where, and you will either have to wait or hunt this author down and torture me for answers. :p

Icecruncher_Amidala
    Thank you! [face_blush] I like to try to keep audiences guessing about what will come next. I don?t really like predictability. There are a lot of factors in this story; every character is out for something different and it?s really difficult to see which way the road will twist. I do, however, know exactly where things will go. ;) Which is probably a good thing, considering that I?m the one writing it. [face_laugh]
  10. The_Slilent_One Force Ghost

star 3
    well now this gets more and more interesting..
  11. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh really now? [face_raised_eyebrow]

Is Plagiu...er, Augustine a Muun? :p

Great chappie, Idri. It explained a few things and yet didn't... [face_laugh] Loved it!

Cyn
  12. JediKaren Jedi Master

star 3
  13. JediMasterAmanda Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    great updates. it really gets me thinking...though then my mind went blank when I went to type my response....so many questions in my head though. like, what species is Augustine? is he the other Sith that we know is running around or not? though I'm thinking not since he cannot returned to Sidious's time? or so he says anyways. I am also getting more curious about this timetravel issue. what is it that Jaina now knows she needs to do? why does Augustine hate Sidious so much and vise versa? and is Augustine, perhaps, an old Apprentice to Sidious? er I'll stop now before I annoy you with all these questions...
  14. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    The_Slilent_One
    Oh, really? o_O Interesting, eh? Always a good thing. :p

Cyn
    Really, really. :p

Perhaps you should call him Plagustine, then. o_O For the record, Plagueis was a Muun Sith Lord. As for Augustine, he could be many different species. You ain't gettin' that info outta this author. ;)

I like explaining things and not explaining them at the same time. It's becoming my number one talent. :p

JediKaren
    Not yet. I haven't started working on the next chapter yet. I have to study for exams first.

JediMasterAmanda
    You know, thinking's always a good thing. Sure, I might not be able to answer your questions because I don't want to reveal anything ahead of time, but it is always interesting for an author to read about what the readers think is going to happen next/is up with the characters. :)

Thanks for reading, everyone!
  15. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. DRL got in the way for a while!

Great couple of chapters Idrelle. I look forward to finding out what is really going on with Augustine!

I am also glad Jaina is healed - that should make things a little easier!

Looking forward to the next chapter.
  16. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    I have been so remiss in commenting here... I have been reading, though, whenever I got the chance! I love where you're taking this now. And I'm glad that Jaina's okay - at least for now. With you, it seems, you never know what's going to happen... that's the mark of a good writer though. I'm still really enjoying this, although if it were a book, I'd have skipped to the end by now to find out how it ends. *lol* I honestly have no idea what's going to happen here - I'm really bad at figuring this stuff out.

You've sure got a talent for keeping your readers on their toes. And I love your characterisations, still, especially Anakin - I actually LIKE this Anakin, which really takes some doing. ;) Anyway, yeah, nice work and I hope to see more soon. Can't wait for the next update!
  17. Darth-Semians Jedi Master

star 2
    I really love this story.

That's it... I really don't have anything else to add... I'm just replying so that it stays on the first page and everyone will get a glimpse of perfection. That's right... perfection.

Still patiently awaiting the next chapter... with some struggle.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]
  18. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Diamond_Revelation
    No need to apologize for that! [:D] If anything, I should be apologizing for not writing fast enough. :p

Augustine is one Big Damn Mystery (to rearrange a Firefly quote ;) ), as of right now. The plot's getting twistier! [face_batting]

Iverna
    With you, it seems, you never know what's going to happen... that's the mark of a good writer though. I'm still really enjoying this, although if it were a book, I'd have skipped to the end by now to find out how it ends. *lol* I honestly have no idea what's going to happen here - I'm really bad at figuring this stuff out.

Aww, thank you! [face_blush] [:D] I think that spontaneity (for lack of a better word) and keeping the element of surprise makes things a lot more interesting to read, but of course the writer has to make sure that it only seems spontaenous, otherwise things would get very, very random. :p I think I'm rambling now... Oops. 8-} But if you could guess how the story would end, I would be very, very surprised. ;)

And I love your characterisations, still, especially Anakin - I actually LIKE this Anakin, which really takes some doing.

Mr. Skywalker is growing up. :p Basically, I wanted to take Anakin as he is in ROTS and then expand on his character as he progresses through the story. :)

Darth-Semians
    Well, aren't you a loyal fan? :p 8-} [:D] I'm trying to get the next chapter up, as you will see in the A/N below...

Author's Note
    Okay, folks, so MANY huge apologies for taking so long to update. I got stuck on the next chapter for various reasons in December and once I went back to school, my workload basically exploded. I also got sucked into the JC House Cup (playing for Slytherin, if you wanted to know... big surprise :p), which I'm not complaining about because it is a ton of fun, but pretty much all my fanfic energies and the time I can spend on them are currently going into that, rather than TTA. Once the House Cup is done, I should be able to get the next chapter written, though it certainly loves to be problematic! Chapters do that... ;)

Thanks for being patient with me, I certainly never meant to keep you waiting for three months or more for the next chapter. :( Bad Idri, bad!

[:D] and thanks to y'all for reading!

19. jaina-Fett Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, I am finally de-lurking because I really,really,really have to beg for an update. Pretty,pretty please with a cherry on top. [face_batting] [face_batting]

Also could you add me to the PM list when you do update? [face_love]
  20. Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_praying] I am on my knees right now, begging, and it really hurts!:_| Please end my suffering with an update![face_praying] :D
  21. Lady_Misty Force Ghost

star 4
    Don't feel too bad. I just updated a story that I haven't updated since sometime in mid December and need to post the second part of a viggie.
  22. Lady_Tahiri Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi there! I just wanted to say this is an incredible story and I read it all in one sitting. I may have skimmed a bit but I am certain to want to go back and reread soon. Maybe it's because I read it so fast but the whole time I kept thinking of that teaser trailer at the beginning, the one where they're getting ready to go back and he kisses her, and I am so impatient to see it all resolved!! At the same it's always sad to see a good story come to an end. :( Please stay strong and finish it.

"Tell me, Master Durron," he said, "just how far would you go to save her?"

Kyp froze. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't play the part of the fool," Sidious' voice hissed. "You know exactly what I mean. Your journey through time was never about preventing Anakin Skywalker's destiny, as Jaina may believe. It runs deeper than that, for you."

Kyp could barely breathe.

This revelation was well done. It seemed to hit Kyp almost as hard as it hit us (those of us who are not very sharp readers). Also, I'm glad to see you worked in the obligatory walking-in-on-the-shower scene! ;)

I am [face_dancing] [face_dancing] for more. Please add me to the PM list.
  23. lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Master

star 1
    Holy crap! This is a time travel fic...on awesome drugs!

Looking forward to your next chapter. :D

Peace,
    Bea
  24. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Lady_Tahiri
    Thanks so much! [:D] I'm thrilled that you're reading, I know the thread can look a bit daunting at times. :p Lots of story to plow through. Re: the teaser trailer (which is now inexistent; I removed it way back, actually) - all of the scenes included it in have been reformed in some way or deleted entirely, so don't expect much from what you read there! [face_laugh] However, I can say something might... one day... happen.... :p We've still got a long way to go, though. I keep saying that we're only half-way through, but it's continually true because the second half of the story is so jam-packed with stuff that it takes me forever to write and what is supposed to be one chapter suddenly turns into three! 8-}

Walking-in-on-the-shower scene was mandatory. :p It's just so much awkward fun. 8-}

I'll add you to the PM list! :D

lost_lauries_grapies
    [face_laugh] LOL, thanks! Yes, it is a really, really long, crazy story. I'm nowhere near done. :p

To the chorus chanting for an update...
    Thanks for giving me the inspiration to try to finish the next chapter. :D The JC House Cup is now done (and Team Slytherin, my wonderful House, won, in case you didn't notice ;) ). With it over, I now have time to concentrate on other fanfics, which means I am back to trying to fit in writing time for This Time Around. While I am currently in the middle of March School Madness and have exam period coming up, I will hopefully be able to pull off the next chapter within the month. No promises, but it is a goal. ;) :D

Thanks for sticking with me! You guys all ROCK! [face_dancing] [:D]

(...psst... and if you at all like Harry Potter, I have a whole slew of new Harry Potter fanfics up in NSWFF and will be posting more throughout the next week or so. Check my profile for details! ;) ).
  25. Darth_Nellie Jedi Master

star 1
    Really looking forward to an update. That would be a lovely Easter treat (hint, hint).
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.