main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    HEhehe Jaina might get a chance to meet her grandmother, that is if Mace and Obi don't drag them off for serious questioning.
    Can't wait to read their cover up story
    Yhanks a ton for the PM!!

2. Rosa-Belle

Rosa-Belle Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2007
    Great update...
    only way too short[face_not_talking] :p

Jaina really seems to realize slowly how hard itis what she has to do.

Have fun in the camp, music is something really important.

3. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Great update. I can't wait for the 2nd September!!!! Hope you enjoy music camp!

4. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    I wonder what sneaky alibi you have given our fiends from the New Jedi Order era here in The Saga era. I hope it is good and convincing because Yoda might see through their little white lie. I'll be waiting for it in September, I'm busy anyway and have a lot of work to do.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

5. snook17

snook17 Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2007
    Hi, i'm new to these forums and i have to say that you're a genius and this is the best fanfic i have ever read!

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I finally got caught up!!

These are great :D I especially like the second one -- though not that glint in Palpatine's eyes.

DYing to find out what Kyp and Jaina will say to the Council!!

Excellent posts :D

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    obsessedwithSW: Have fun! I look forward to the next update!

I did have fun. :D Updating really, really, really soon! :p

ratna: Music camp, cool! Is that why ur always whistling?

Maybe. [face_batting]

LOL, have fun. Don't leave us hanging TOO long!!

I tried not, really! :p

EGKenobi: Excellent post!!

Thanks!

Love the question and answer session.

:D

Ooh it's gonna get interesting.

*nods* :p

Thanks for the PM

You?re weclome! Thanks for reading!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Have fun at music camp, Idrelle.

Oh, I did! :D Even though I had to transpose all of my music and re-write it out by hand.

Loved Jaina's realization at the time travel. LOL. Not many SW characters go through that little jaunt.

Nope. :p And it should probably stay that way ? except in fanfiction. ;)

Although if she and Kyp told the Jedi the truth... it might help them out a lot more than hiding behind some alibi. *Shrugs* Ah, well. That would end the fic too quickly, and I don't want that.

You?ll see how things turn out? [face_devil] [face_whistling] And it would probably help to tell the truth, but that makes things too simple!

Yes, get to work, you two! And awesome update.

LOL, thanks!

MarasFire: This was fantastic! Time travel really is a strange thing... if Jaina changes history at all, she won't remember exactly what she changed since that would become part of her past. But then again, shes the one changing it so... yeah. I'll let you figure that one out.

Don?t get me started on paradoxes ? they make your head hurt and I don?t need a headache right now. :p But on the bright side, I?ve got everything sorted out, do don?t you worry! :D

This was not a good sign ? not even with two lightsabers hacking at the bond between Anakin and Palpatine was it going to dissolve; they were going to need extra help.

I really liked that line. I wonder how they'll convince Anakin that Palpatine is evil. They can't just come out and say, "Hey! He's the Sith Lord you're looking for!" ....or could they?

They could, and it would be funny, but no one would believe them. Which is unfortunate. :(

I love this story so much!

Aww! Thanks for reading! [:D]

TigerofRobare: Oy. There's never a TARDIS around when you need one.

Nope. It?s the way of TARDISes. :p And they also like to put you into bad situations. [face_whistling]

Great update. I take it ol' Mace is getting suspicious of Palpy.

Yep.

Have fun at music camp. I live close to Killington, so during the summer I get to enjoy the Killington Music Festival. Ever hear of it?

No, I haven?t, but I?m assuming that it must be a blast! :D

star_writer24: Thanks for reading! You?re added! :)

FitJedi: Good to see that Jaina is noticing how devious and evil Palpy is, I do hope they succeed in their plan to change events from happening.

I think most people do. :p

Lady_Misty: HEhehe Jaina might get a chance to meet her grandmother, that is if Mace and Obi don't drag them off for serious questioning.

Oh, just wait and see. :D

Can't wait to read their cover up story

Which will be fun. :p

Yhanks a ton for the PM!!

You?re weclome!

Rosa-Belle: Great update...
    only way too short

[face_laugh]

Weeelll?. We can?t always have long chapters! :p

Jaina really seems to realize slowly how hard itis what she has to do.

Yep. More difficult than anything she?s ever done before. And also probably one of the most confusing situations too.

Have fun in the camp, music is something really important.

Yes, it is! Especially when it makes up about 90% of my life. The other 10% is writing fanfic. :p

Diamond_Revelation: Thanks for reading!

Darth-Semians: I wonder what sneaky alibi you have given our fiends from the New Jedi Order era here in The Saga era. I

8. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER X
    Of Senators and Jedi

The shuttle flew low as it prepared to halt at Palpatine?s private landing platform at the Senate Offices. Gathered on the platform and waiting impatiently was a small group of senators. Jaina wondered briefly if all of them supported Palpatine in his position as Chancellor.

Across the shuttle from her, Anakin looked as though he was trying desperately to conceal the fact that he was looking frantically at the crowd every few seconds. He was clearly trying to find someone. Jaina wondered who that someone was, but prudently decided against asking him. There was no point in bringing up her grandfather?s edginess as the shuttle approached the platform.

When the shuttle came to a halt, Anakin quickly debarked along with R2-D2 and Palpatine. Master Windu glanced at Obi-Wan ? the other Master nodded and did not follow his friend. Jaina exchanged looks with Kyp and they both stood up.

?No,? Master Windu said sternly. ?Sit. You will be staying here.?

Jaina scowled, but sat down. She folded her arms across her chest. As she did so, Anakin and Obi-Wan?s voices floated up from where they stood on the landing platform.

?You coming?? Anakin was asking.

?I haven?t the courage for politics,? Obi-Wan replied wryly. ?I?ll brief the council.?

?Shouldn?t I be there too??

?No need,? Obi-Wan answered. ?This isn?t a formal report. Besides, someone needs to be the Poster boy.?

There was a brief pause. ?Poster man.? Anakin corrected, his voice irritated.

?Quite right,? Obi-Wan chuckled. ?Go meet your public, Poster Man.?

Jaina smiled, hiding a laugh; her grandfather had seemed genuinely annoyed at being called poster boy.

?Wait a minute,? Anakin said quickly. ?This whole operation was your idea. You planned it. You led the rescue. It?s your turn to take the bows.?

?You won?t get out of it that easily, my young friend,? Obi-Wan told him. ?Without you, I wouldn?t even have made it to the flagship. You killed Count Dooku and single-handedly rescued the Chancellor, all the while, I might be forgiven for adding, carrying some old broken-down Jedi Master unconscious on your back. Not to mention making a landing that will be the standard of Impossible in every flight manual for the next thousand years.?

Jaina choked at the thought ? there Obi-Wan was wrong. She had never heard of Anakin?s landing.

?Only because of your training Master ?? Anakin began, trying to come up with a modest excuse, but Obi-Wan cut across him.

?That?s just an excuse. You?re the hero. Go spend your glory days surrounded by? politicians.?

Jaina smothered a laugh; that sounded like both her mother ? who was a politician, after all ? and her uncle.

?Come on Master ? you owe me,? Anakin said curtly. ?And not just for saving your skin for the tenth time,? he added off-handedly.

?Ninth time,? Obi-Wan corrected swiftly. ?That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn?t count, it was your fault in the first place. See you at the Outer Rim briefing in the morning.?

?Well?? Anakin sounded flustered. ?All right. Just this once.?

Jaina turned and glanced down at the platform, watching as Anakin walked quickly towards the crowd of senators waiting for him. Obi-Wan walked back on to the shuttle, nodding shortly at Master Windu. They turned and looked directly at Jaina and Kyp. The hatch closed and the shuttle lifted off.

They approached Jaina and Kyp, Mace Windu looking as if he was about to issue a death sentence.

?Solo and Durron,? he said slowly, ?we?re taking you into custody. You are not obliged to say anything. Give us your weapons.?

Jaina glanced at Kyp and, simultaneously, they handed over their lightsabers.

Of course we wouldn?t be accepted with open arms into the Jedi Order, Jaina thought as her only weapon was taken from her. Story time was about to begin.

~~~

Anakin paced and waited in the Atrium. He had spent the last thirty minutes smiling tensely and answering questions. Not long before, the group

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, really riveting chapster!! I can't wait to see what happens next!

- Serena Kenobi

10. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Excellent. I would imagine that Kyp would have some of the Dark Side about him, after being seduced by Exar Kun. Great update.

The Killington Music Festival is a blast. Before I went this year I didn't know you could hear happiness.

11. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Yay you posted! [face_dancing] And it was a marvelous post :D

?Poster man.? Anakin corrected, his voice irritated.

A bit touchy there, eh, Anakin?

I also liked how you explained his thoughts on Padmé's pregnancy before he was able to speak.

Kyp and Jaina's story was plausible; I wonder what will happen when the Jedi find out the truth?

?...His ship was broken and while it was being repaired, he taught me what he knew and told me that he was going to take me back to Coruscant with him.?

Obi-Wan shifted in his seat at this.

Was he thinking about Qui-Gon finding Anakin under similar circumstances?

Wonderul post, Idrelle! =D= You have their characters down perfectly. Can't wait for more!

12. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Wonderful post cant wait for more!

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very nice, Idrelle. :) I loved how you inserted Jaina and Kyp there into that scene, albeit as background characters. And hmm... looks like Yoda made the right decision. I liked loast Jaina seems-perfectly natural.

Can't wait for more!

14. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Very well contrieved lie you made for them. =D= I still don't think Yoda bought it, Mace probably not either, but most of them probably did. However, I foresee bad omens for Anakin because he will, unwillingly, see any horrible dream sequence concerning Padme morphing into Jaina.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

15. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    hmmm.. interesting how Anakin thinks Jaina looks like Padme, I wonder if anyone will put two and two together.
    I like how Anakin isn't stressing about the fact that Padme just told him she's pregnant- can't wait to see what happens next.

16. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Excellent story.

Love it so far.

EG

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awesome post!!!

I loved the discussion between Obi-Wan and the Master about Jaina and Kyp, and how in Anakin's mind Padme's face turned into Jaina's. This is one of my favorite chapters :D

18. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    ooo great post. I really can't wait to see what happens next.

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

nice post, im enjoying this story.

20. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh, man this is good!

It was unconventional. He did not know what to make of them. Where they here to help the Jedi and the war? Or were they here to destroy them?

Or were they just an accident?

Time would tell.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

21. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Anakin has nigh on figured that Jaina's from the future, if noting that Padme and Jaina look vey similar is figuring anything out.
    Loved Jaina pointing out that the colors of the Lightersaber doesn't matter.
    I wonder how long the Jedi are going to shollow their story.
    Could they have just said that they are from the future?

22. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    i'm suprised that the Jedi are buying such an outright lie but hey there might be more happening than meets the eye.

great post! More please :)

23. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I am still here, and I am still catching up....

24. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    Hey! I'm new around here; but I absolutely love your story! Is Jaina going to see Padme in the future? Could you add me to the PM list? Thanks!

~Jaina

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    JediXmanSerenaKenobi: Wow, really riveting chapster!! I can't wait to see what happens next! Thanks for reading! [:D]

TigerofRobare: Excellent. I would imagine that Kyp would have some of the Dark Side about him, after being seduced by Exar Kun.

Yes, he would.

Great update.

Thank! :D

The Killington Music Festival is a blast. Before I went this year I didn't know you could hear happiness.

I knew you could hear happiness from pretty much the moment I started playing piano at the bright age of three. :p

MarasFire: Yay you posted! And it was a marvelous post.

Thank you! [:D]

?Poster man.? Anakin corrected, his voice irritated.

A bit touchy there, eh, Anakin?

I can?t actually take credit for that line [face_blush] ? it?s from the RotS novelization. There?s lines from it scattered throughout the scenes on Coruscant here; I?ve put a disclaimer about it in the first post. :)

I also liked how you explained his thoughts on Padmé's pregnancy before he was able to speak.

Thanks!

Kyp and Jaina's story was plausible; I wonder what will happen when the Jedi find out the truth?

They?ll get very freaked out.

Or? considering the possible circumstances that they find themselves in when? oh, I?ll just shut up now. :p

?...His ship was broken and while it was being repaired, he taught me what he knew and told me that he was going to take me back to Coruscant with him.?

Obi-Wan shifted in his seat at this.

Was he thinking about Qui-Gon finding Anakin under similar circumstances?

Possibly. :p

Wonderul post, Idrelle! You have their characters down perfectly. Can't wait for more!

Thanks so much! [:D]

obsessedwithSW: Thanks for reading!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Very nice, Idrelle. I loved how you inserted Jaina and Kyp there into that scene, albeit as background characters.

I thought that was best, considering they?re in a particularly delicate situation right now. And just listening to Obi-Wan and Anakin squabble can reveal a lot about their characters, something Kyp and Jaina need to know.

And hmm... looks like Yoda made the right decision.

He?s Yoda! He always makes the right decisions. :p

Well? not always. ;)

Thanks for reading! :D

Darth-Semians: Very well contrieved lie you made for them. I still don't think Yoda bought it, Mace probably not either, but most of them probably did.

Well, there?s always those few who will never trust them, no matter what story they tell? And I can?t have everyone believing them. That wouldn?t make things fun. [face_devil]

However, I foresee bad omens for Anakin because he will, unwillingly, see any horrible dream sequence concerning Padme morphing into Jaina.

Poor Anakin.

I can say that things will be getting a lot worse. :D

FitJedi: hmmm.. interesting how Anakin thinks Jaina looks like Padme, I wonder if anyone will put two and two together.

Probably not for a while. After all, people don?t often jump on the idea of ?Oh! They look like each other! One of them must be a time traveler!?

Right? [face_batting]

Thanks for reading! :D

EGKenobi: Thanks!

Nat: Thanks, Nat! Glad you liked the discussion. :) And the fact that Jaina resembles Padmé is going to be somewhat important later on, so keep it in mind. :D

Diamond_Revelation: Thanks!

sdhfs: Thanks!

ratna: [face_laugh] LOL! You know, I never did notice that before. :p Funny how things like that slip in.

Lady_Misty: Anakin has nigh on figured that Jaina's from the future, if noting that Padme and Jaina look vey similar is figuring anything out.

Hmm? not quite. The idea of time travel isn?t one that normally jumps into people?s heads, remember. Anakin might be thinking that Jaina is a very distant relative or something? but he is also going to have a lot on his mind with other things to think about than the resem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.