main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [AU, time travel; Jaina, Kyp, A/P, Obi-Wan] A/N July 18

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I really like the dream -- it was amazing!! The way he couldn't tell if it was Padme or Jaina . . .

I also really like the last part, when Padme is thinking about the future and her family. I hope her wishes can come true!! And I'm VERY excited for her meeting with Jaina :D

Obi-Wan's words running through Anakin's head so many times was pretty cool, too.

Awesome job!!!

2. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Yey Padme and Jaina are going to meet!!!

I look forward to seeing what they make of each other!

3. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    Something tells me that this "lunch meeting" you have set up won't be very plesant for either woman. It seems they way you described Padme's feelings in regard to the dream by Anakin, she is jealous of Jaina. If Jaina knows what genetic connection she has with Padme, well then we know what her fragile mind will be. I can't wait.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Jaina_Solo_Goddess: Yay! First post! So Padme's finally going to meet Jaina...

Yep. :) But the question is ? how is it going to turn out?

I thought it was interesting that Anakin had the mantra about being wary of Palpatine going through his head. Is this the first sign of a different path?

Quite possibly?

Will Anakin be able to resist Palpatine's evil manipulations?

[face_mischief] [face_devil]

Tune in next time...

[face_laugh]

That?s one way to put it. :p

Seriously though, this was a great post and left me wanting more. Thanks for the PM!

You?re welcome! Thanks for reading! [:D]

TigerofRobare: Oh man . . .

Who is this mysterious figure?

That?s a good question. Let?s see?

Nope, not telling. :D I don?t want to ruin it.

An enemy from the past? From the future? A later Palpatine? Vader? Luke? The Master?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

If it is, it?s not the John Simms version. :p

The meeting between Padme and Jaina should be interesting. Does Jaina know who Padme is?

If she doesn?t, she?ll be finding out pretty soon. :D

JediXmanSerenaKenobi: Gah! You updated! Yay!! And you added some nice elements of the ROTS novel - one of the better written SW novels, I must say.

It?s my favourite out of all of them ? Matthew Stover = Awesome.

Loved the whole Padme part - great job! Suspense, drama, totally your alley!

Thanks! :D

obsessedwithSW: I liked how you took the scenerio we all know and added anakins thoughts as well as interwoven Kyp and Jaina into it.
    Bravo!

Thanks! It was definitely important to keep some of the key elements from the original scene there, but I had to obviously weave Kyp and Jaina into it. Glad that it seems to have worked! :)

RK_Striker_JK_5: Awesome post, Idrelle. Palps was slicker than an oil slick in the first post there. I think Anakin's head was about to fall off, it was spinning so fast!

:eek: :eek:

You mean I almost decapitated poor Ani? :(

:p

And who/what was that guy in the second part???

That?s for me to know and you to? not know. [face_whistling]

[face_mischief]

ANd poor Padme, there. Her world's gonna be turned upside down soon enough.

Everyone?s world is going to be turned upside down ? literally. Mwhaha. [face_devil]

ratna: But, but, but ? I love suspense! :p Thanks for reading!

Lady_Misty: Palpy is still talking rings around Anakin, a mysterious black cloaked figure, and a grandmother thinking about inviting her granddaughter to lunch. Jaina, if you know what's good for you don't refuse!

Yep, things are getting pretty crazy. Definitely everyone?s favourite period to play around with. [face_mischief]

JediMasterRev: Really great update. I especially enjoyed the exceptionally well written dialog between Anakin and Palpatine. I find it interesting now that Anakin has doubts about his 'friend's' position how much more obvious Palpatine is behind things strikes ou at us. I also liked the sequence of thoughts Padme had over everything that is coming together all at once. Getting quite intriguing. As always, looking forward to more soon!

Thanks so much for your kind comments! [:D] Although, pretty much all of the Palpatine/Anakin conversation was pulled from the RotS novelization, because I had to keep a lot of the same things in there.

P.S. Thanks for the congratulations. I really appreciate it.

You?re welcome. :)

The_Slilent_One: Yep. Very clouded indeed.

sdhfs: Thanks!

Jaira: Yes, it should.

Nat: I really like the dream -- it was amazing!! The way he couldn't tell if it was Padme or Jaina . . .

Padmé, Jaina, Padmé, Jaina, Padmé? or someone completely different? [face_raising_brow] These and many other questions to be answered? sometime. And probably not in the near future. :p

I also really like the last part, when Padme is thinking abo

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER XIII
    Discoveries

Kyp Durron strode down the Jedi Temple halls, restraining the desire to swear loudly. Their second day in the past was not going well by his accounts ? he had lost Jaina already and had just spent several hours searching through every stinking hall in the whole ridiculously large Jedi Temple!

At least his walk hadn?t been completely useless. It had given him some perspective into the general lives of these ancient Jedi. He had viewed Padawans sparring in one room and a youngling lesson (taught by the little green Yoda himself) in another. He had spoken to several Jedi Knights and had nodded curtly to Mace Windu, who had coldly acknowledged him as he passed by.

However, he had walked through ever hall in a large circle three times now and still could not find Jaina anywhere. He had even tried to contact her through the Force, but he had only received a cold-shouldered, wordless response.

Just like her, he thought grouchily.

Kyp was walking down the stairs to the main hall when he heard a small voice call out behind him.

?Lost something, have you??

Kyp turned and bowed his head in greeting. ?Good morning, Master Yoda,? he said to the short, green Jedi Master.

Yoda didn?t reply and instead looked at Kyp with his wise eyes, waiting for a reply.

?Er? yes,? Kyp said, shrugging in response to Yoda?s earlier question. ?I?ve lost Jaina.?

Did he detect a flicker of a smile in Yoda?s face?

?Lost your companion, you have? How embarrassing.?

Kyp smiled tightly; his opinion of Yoda ? whom he had always heard was very wise ? was slowly going down hill.

Yoda tapped his walking stick on the floor. ?In the Jedi Archives, Jaina Solo is.?

Kyp was struck with a feeling of deep embarrassment. He had walked three times around the Jedi Temple and had not even bothered, for some unknown reason, to look in the Archives!

Idiot.

?Find her later, you will,? Yoda continued. He tapped his stick on the ground again. ?Come. Talk, we will.? The little Jedi Master turned and hobbled down the hall, leaving Kyp with no choice but to follow him.

Last week Kyp would have, like anyone else, blown the person off as insane if they had told him that he would soon be meeting Yoda, one of the most paramount Jedi Masters of the last age of the Old Republic. Today, he could barely register through his dim bewilderment that he was walking down a corridor in the ancient Jedi Temple beside the renowned Yoda.

?Confused, you are?? Yoda asked, amusement in his voice.

?I ? er??

Yoda chuckled. ?Much confusion I sense in you,? he said cryptically. ?Confused as to why you are here. Heh.?

Kyp had forgotten to shield his thoughts; his emotions ran wildly through the Force, alerting the Jedi Master to many things. Furiously, he worked on blocking out everything.

?Hmm?? The Jedi Master was prodding for an answer.

?Yeah?? Kyp ran a hand through his hair. ?Yeah, I?m confused. I?m not sure what we?re ? Jaina and me ? are supposed to be doing here. We were sent to help ??

?Sent? Mentioned this before, you have not.? Yoda?s voice was flat. ?Explain this, you must.?

Kyp cursed his blunder.

?We were sent by a man called Augustine,? Kyp explained. That was true ? he had just left out some of the details. He found that a lie based on truth was easier to keep straight than a lie that was pulled from mid air. ?He needed us to help you find the Sith Lord and help the Jedi overcome him.?

Yoda looked at him, his eyes and expression unreadable.

?Lord Sidious, know him, you do??

Kyp was startled by this sudden, unexpected remark.

?How --?? he began to say, but stopped. Somehow, Yoda knew. Yoda knew about it all ? the fight with Sidious, the meeting with Augustine, the travel to this time?

?Much the Force will tell you,? Yoda said, sharply accenting his words by striking the floor with the butt-end of his stick, ?when in conversation with another. Much have you to learn, Master Durron.?

Kyp flushed ? he

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Dang, Kyp and Jaina are not doing good here. Nice job, Miss Rudeness. :rolleyes:

Although I loved how easily Padme played her. ;) And how easily Yoda proved why he's 'da man to Kyp. :p Size matters not, Durron!

7. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    well well well, Jaina has now met her Nana, what ever could be next [face_mischief]

8. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    gah this is good.

love yoda

"Lost something, have you?"

Kyp turned and bowed his head in greeting. "Good morning, Master Yoda," he said to the short, green Jedi Master.

Yoda didn't reply and instead looked at Kyp with his wise eyes, waiting for a reply.

"... Yes," Kyp said, shrugging in response to Yoda's earlier question. "I've lost Jaina."

Did he detect a flicker of a smile in Yoda's face?

"Lost your companion, you have? How embarrassing."

Kyp smiled tightly; his opinion of Yoda -- whom he had always heard was very wise -- was slowly going down hill.

Yoda tapped his walking stick on the floor. "In the Jedi Archives, Jaina Solo is."

Kyp was struck with a feeling of deep embarrassment. He had walked three times around the Jedi Temple and had not even bothered, for some unknown reason, to look in the Archives!

Idiot.

"Find her later, you will," Yoda continued. He tapped his stick on the ground again. "Come. Talk, we will." The little Jedi Master turned and hobbled down the hall, leaving Kyp with no choice but to follow him.

The lunch with Padme and Jaina was great. May be a rocky start, but I bet these two will get on fine.

Great work Idrelle!

9. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Great update. I loved Yoda and Kyp. He has now learned what Luke learned: Yoda pretends to be senile so that people will be less defensive. Jaina and Padme was pretty interesting, too.

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh Jaina, didn't you guess that your grandmother might not aprecate you feeling her baby through the Force especially when she asked you all those questios. Now you just might have a ticked Anakin Skywalker. shivers.
    Kyp has a good reason to be anoyed, but i wouldn't sare, with the Jedi Arcives.I'd be mad to if my computer turned off while I was reading a file.

11. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    LOL Jaina really doesn't have much tact! I look forward to seeing how Jaina repairs her relationship with her grandmother. I am glad Yoda seems to know so much!!!

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Awesome chapter!! HONESTLY, Padme, you need to CHILL OUT, mon. Jaina's only doing you a favor after all ... oh well.

Update soon!! Love this story, Idri!

- Serena Kenobi

13. Rosalie

Rosalie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2007
    =D=

Sry I didn't reply the last times...

Only read all at once.

But great updates!!!

Yoda..is just like yoda

And well...I would say they won't keep their secret for a very long time..

more!:)

14. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    Poor Jaina...she's not able to go home and she's a stranger to the only family she has. At least she has Kyp there with her.

I hope that they can save Anakin - but what's going to happen with Kyp and Jaina's world if that happens? Changing the past and all that...

Great job! I'm sorry I haven't replied in a while - I'm horrible at that.

15. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    Uh Oh! Jaina just said a no no. Bad, Jaina. Bad. [face_shame_on_you]
    Kyp's encounter with Yoda was really interesting. I wonder what would've happened if Kyp read that last part about that Sith Lord. Looks like Kyp did a no no too! Shame on you, Kyp! You had to use your bad language at the computer, and you got the creepy librarian lady all mad and young Padawans might've heard.
    Keep up the great work! I can't wait for the next chapter! =D=

~DanaéMariSkywalker

PS: Please put me on the PM List if I'm not on it already! :D

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the bit about Kyp knowing Exar Kun than the Archives :D

My favorite part was the last: Jaina and Padme. It must be strange for her to think that her grandmother is pregnant with her parents :p Really great part with Jaina discovering who Padme is :D I wonder why Padme got mad about the twin thing . . .

Wonderful job!! [:D]

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Jon: Dang, Kyp and Jaina are not doing good here. Nice job, Miss Rudeness.

Yes, Jaina was a little on the rude side, wasn?t she. :p

Although I loved how easily Padme played her.

That tends to happen when Jaina isn?t thinking straight because she can?t get over the fact that she?s talking to her maternal grandmother. :p

And how easily Yoda proved why he's 'da man to Kyp. Size matters not, Durron!

True true. Reasons to love Yoda. [face_love]

The_Slilent_One: well well well, Jaina has now met her Nana, what ever could be next

Who knows? [face_devil] O:)

ratna: Yes, I love Yoda too. :D

And Padmé and Jaina will learn ? eventually. :p

TigerofRobare: Great update. I loved Yoda and Kyp. He has now learned what Luke learned: Yoda pretends to be senile so that people will be less defensive.

LOL, true, true. Can I quote you on that? :p

Jaina and Padme was pretty interesting, too.

Thanks!

Lady_Misty: Oh Jaina, didn't you guess that your grandmother might not aprecate you feeling her baby through the Force especially when she asked you all those questios. Now you just might have a ticked Anakin Skywalker. shivers.

Who knows? O:)

But you?re probably right. :p

Kyp has a good reason to be anoyed, but i wouldn't sare, with the Jedi Arcives.I'd be mad to if my computer turned off while I was reading a file.

Since that?s happened to me before, I can sympathize with Kyp. :p

Diamond_Revelation: LOL Jaina really doesn't have much tact!

Nope. None at all. :p

I look forward to seeing how Jaina repairs her relationship with her grandmother. I am glad Yoda seems to know so much!!

It?s slightly comforting, isn?t it. :D

JediXmanSerenaKenobi: LOL! Thanks, Serena! :)

Rosalie/Rosa-Belle: That?s all right, I don?t mind. :) Thanks for reading! :D [:D] You?re still in Spain, right? Hope you?re having fun!

DarthJainaSolo: Poor Jaina...she's not able to go home and she's a stranger to the only family she has. At least she has Kyp there with her.

Yeah, poor Jaina. [:D] She?s so confused ? she knows exactly what?s happening, but she?s still confused. :( Let?s just say that this isn?t the best situation to find yourself in.

I hope that they can save Anakin - but what's going to happen with Kyp and Jaina's world if that happens? Changing the past and all that...

You?ll just have to wait and see! [face_devil]

Great job! I'm sorry I haven't replied in a while - I'm horrible at that.

Thanks! And don?t worry about that. :) [:D] Glad that you?re still reading!

DanaeMarieSkywalker: Uh Oh! Jaina just said a no no. Bad, Jaina. Bad.

Yes, bad Jaina. :p

Kyp's encounter with Yoda was really interesting. I wonder what would've happened if Kyp read that last part about that Sith Lord.

Who knows? [face_mischief]

Looks like Kyp did a no no too! Shame on you, Kyp! You had to use your bad language at the computer, and you got the creepy librarian lady all mad and young Padawans might've heard.

Yeah, I?d have to say Jocasta Nu is a bit wacko. :p

Keep up the great work! I can't wait for the next chapter!

Thanks! :D And you?ve been added to the PM list! Thanks for reading! [:D]

Nat: I love the bit about Kyp knowing Exar Kun than the Archives.

LOL, glad you did like that part. :D

My favorite part was the last: Jaina and Padme. It must be strange for her to think that her grandmother is pregnant with her parents.

Yep, very strange. Now there?s something we can?t comprehend very well. :p

Really great part with Jaina discovering who Padme is. I wonder why Padme got mad about the twin thing . . .

Well, how would you feel if a complete and total stranger told you that you were carrying twins when you didn?t even know yourself? Padmé?s just slightly weird

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    CHAPTER XIV
    Information Divulged

When Jaina returned to the Jedi Temple, her mind was afire. The most reputed and prominent politician of this pre-Empire galaxy, Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, was her grandmother. She had just met her maternal grandmother, a woman she would never have known if she hadn?t had this chance to travel into the past. She was filled with a strange mixture of shock, wonder and joy. However, the fact that Padmé was only a few years older than herself brought an abrupt halt to her strange marvel as she was again reminded of the peculiarities of time travel. It was very much like the time when she had first seen Anakin, her grandfather.

What was even odder than the fact that Jaina and her grandmother were so close in age was that Padmé was pregnant with her mother. That was her mother, an unborn child. Jaina shuddered and tried not to think about it. It was almost too much oddity to wrap her mind around for the moment.

As Jaina walked through the wide main halls of the Jedi Temple, ignoring the sights that she had been gaping at before in amazement, she remembered the days when she tried to imagine what her grandmother was like. She had always pictured someone like her mother with a bit of her Uncle Luke. The woman she had imagined was kind and gentle. Her real grandmother was someone almost entirely different from the figment of a young girl?s imagination. She was, it was true, like Leia ? there was no denying it. Padmé?s loyalty to the Galaxy had been passed down to her daughter; they were both Senators, strong women readily involved with the politics of the world. Padmé was intelligent, she was shrewd ? there had been a lot more going on in their conversation than it had appeared. Padmé had been testing her, studying her reactions, subtly trying to discover who she was. Jaina knew that. Jaina had been doing the same.

?Where have you been?? Kyp?s voice exclaimed angrily, interrupting her thoughts. ?I?ve been looking all over for you!?

Jaina looked up and found her friend standing in front of her. ?I?ve??

?I?ve just been stuck in the Archives,? Kyp growled, looking livid. ?I swear I never want to speak to that librarian ever again??

?I?ve just had a chat with my grandmother,? Jaina said, interrupting Kyp?s tirade.

He blinked. ?You what??

Jaina smiled slightly. ?I found her. I found my grandmother ? Anakin?s wife.?

Kyp raised his eyebrows. ?Oh.? He looked quizzically at her. ?Are you sure??

Jaina rolled her eyes. ?Of course I am! Believe me, it?d be a little difficult not to realize who she is if you?re from my family at this point in time.?

Kyp stared at her blankly.

?She?s pregnant!? Jaina hissed, astounded at Kyp?s current stupidity. ?With my mother and uncle.?

Kyp looked at her with a very funny expression on his face and then he burst out laughing. He shook his head, grinning. ?You have no idea how weird that sounds ? especially if you didn?t know the context.?

Jaina grinned. ?Believe me, I can imagine.?

They walked together down the hall, quietly observing the other Jedi going about on their own business. As the Old Republic Jedi milled around them, concentrating on their own business, it seemed to Jaina that they had somehow adapted to their presence already. No one was paying attention to them ? which perfectly suited Jaina as she didn?t really want anyone listening in on their conversation.

?So, who is she?? Kyp asked. ?Who?s your grandmother??

?You?re not going to believe this,? Jaina told him, still grinning. ?It?s such a weird coincidence, but with my family it makes perfect sense. She?s the Senator of Naboo, Padmé Amidala.?

Kyp stopped walking and stared at her blankly. Then he snorted and broke out laughing again. ?You have got to be kidding.?

?I?m not!? Jaina exclaimed. ?I?m serious, she is!?

Kyp made a face. ?There?s more than just that coincidence to it, Jaina,? he said. ?I?ve heard of Padmé Amidala; the Jedi mention her quite frequently.

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    GAH! LURVED this postie! I love the banter between Jaina and Kyp - he rocks - and the conversation between Padme and Anakin was also very lovely. Okay, it was all awesome! This story just keeps getting better and better. You really have the characters down.

Keep writing the way you are, Idri! :D

- Serena

20. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    yay!! a post! ... must..have..more..

Great stuff :)

21. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    You write Kyp and Jaina's relationship very nicely. Love the banter. Love it how he calls her "Goddess". A man after my own heart...@};-

22. Darth-Semians

Sep 22, 2006
    How did I miss that last post? Oh well, I shall reply two-fold.

Chapter 13: It must took all her strength for Padme not to strike Jaina for invanding the most intimate details of her pregnancy.

Chapter 14: With this new information, will Anakin take a little bit longer look at Palpatine when he is "seducing" him to the Dark Side?

Nice job with your story.

Darth-Semains

[face_peace]

23. Darth-Semians

Sep 22, 2006
    Sorry for the double post, my computer is acting screwy.

Darth-Semians

[face_peace]

24. DanaeMariSkywalker

DanaeMariSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2006
    This chapter was excellent!
    I love Kyp and Jaina's banter. I also liked how they found out and also how they reacted to all the different coincidences.
    I love Anakin and Padmé's talk. Now, Anakin can be more trusting of the two mysterious Jedi and maybe he can also be more wary of Palpatine. I wonder if he's going to have a talk with those two.
    Keep up the great work! I can't wait for the next chapter! =D=

~DanaéMariSkywalker

PS: Thanks for the PM and also I love how your characterize everybody. =D=

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I loved Kyp and Jaina's convo at the beginning. Love how they're finding all this stuff out. Nd yeah, Yoda rocks. :D

Ah, Anakin the possessive control freak and Padme... You write them better than in ROTS, Idrelle. Seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.