main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga This Time Around [time travel, Kyp, Jaina, A/P, Obi-Wan] IMPORTANT A/N, July 5!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    ooh Jaina has met her grandmother! Doesn't sound like they're getting along to well at the moment though!

Looking forward to finding out what happens next!

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Crazy_Ani: Oh, such a nice, long chapter, Idrelle! Thanks! I?m getting into my long chapter phase, so the next one should be just as long, or even longer!

I liked Padme in this scene, and the conversation between her and Jaina was done with a pin-point precision. It must have been weird for Jaina to be able to sense her mother and her uncle!

Yeah? just imagine!

Darth_Intangable: Perfect...

ohh...wonder what Padme will tell Anikin?

Hmm? secrets, secrets, secrets!

G_Anakin: Thanks for reading!

jaina_clan_solo: It's so good to see this updated again!

I absolutely love Yoda... he saw right through Kyp, and I wouldn't be surprised if he knew a lot more about Jaina and Kyp than either of them suspect.

You?ll eventually see just how much Yoda knows. I have plans?

The meeting between Jaina and Padmé was really well done as well. It will be interesting to see what comes of that next.

Thanks! That was actually the part I was most worried about, so glad you liked it!

RK_Striker_JK_5: Kick-butt chapter, Idrelle! Thanks!

Lovely look into Padme's mind there at the beginning. Yeah, she wouldn't care about the media. Yeah.

And LOL at Kyp with Yoda. Any chance of the little green guy dueling Kyp and schooling him?

[face_laugh]

Possibly? not saying anything, though. ;) I?ve already spoiled one person into the ending of the entire fic, and I?m not leaking out any more info now. :p

Jaina and Padme... one of those things you think about, but know wion't happen. You did a great job with it. Thanks! :D I?m really glad you liked it, since I was soooo worried about that part not coming out right.

SpiritofEowyn: good long post. I wonder how long Padme will stay angry. Oh, she?ll come around eventually.

JediMasterRev: Nice long chapter to whett our appetites...

:D

Loved the brief interaction between Kyp and Yoda. It will be quiet interesting if and when those two match wits.

[face_laugh]

It will indeed.

I also really enjoyed Padme's introspection about Jaina and of course the acutal meeting itself. Seems that events are moving quickly into fruition.

Yes? things are starting to speed up.

Now the question is, can Jaina or Kyp help stop the inevitable before all is lost?

They?re questioning that themselves. We?ll all see in time. :)

Great job, Idrelle. Was definitely well worth the wait.

Yay! Thanks for reading!

padawanlost: I'm so excited that you've come back to this. This has been one of my favorite stories on the board for months. I started it back in my lurker days, and I'm terribly happy to see that it's been rekindled.

Wonderful chapter.

Awwwwwwwwwwww! Thanks so much!

Yoda and Kyp are a good pair. Some more training and Kyp might turn into a really amazing Jedi, not just the arrogant one we all like anyway. I like his frustration at not being the best anymore.

Lol --He?s not so knowledgeable anymore. ;)

Jaina and Padme were everything I could hope for in a meeting between the two. Threepio was a great shock to Jaina, good cook indeed.

LOL, yep. Poor Jaina ? R2 was enough of a shock earlier. Just wait until she actually gets to talk to 3PO.

Sensing Luke and Leia was so beautiful when she was using the Force to communicate with the babies. No wonder Padme freaked out, but I'm sure she'll figure out a few things sooner or later. Between Yoda and the Senator, I think they'll figure out things before Jaina does something rash and runs off to kill Palpatine.

Hopefully Jaina won?t be rushing off to kill Palpatine. That would be near suicide -- we have to save that for Anakin, afterall. Glad you liked the sensing of her mother and uncle. I had to put that in there, since a big part of this fic is Jaina?s ties to her family; even if it?s family she?s never met before (i.e. grandparents) and even if she?s in the past and her mother and uncle are

3. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    Wonderful chapter. Loved Kyp's conversation with Yoda. Yoda must use senility as a way of drawing out things from people. Luke learned that the hard way.

Interesting exchange between Jaina and Padme.

4. Anakinfan2006

Anakinfan2006 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    time travel stories are best!!!!

5. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Wonderful!!!
    No time for a longer reply, but this was wonderful!

And YES, I'd like to stay on the PM list :)

6. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This is awesome! OMG! I'm so glad you updated!
    Now, I REALLY can't wait to see what will happen.

=D=

C @};- S

7. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Yay! It's updated! I loved Yoda in this scene. And if you continue the PM list I still would like to be on it,

8. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Yea an update!

Poor Jaina too bad she isn't hitting it off with Padme.
    I have a request can we have a happy ending where Anakin doesn't turn? Ish's time travel story didn't save Anakin, and well umm I thought that was part of the rules. The reason you do a time travel is to save people.

*Ish you know its true :D I luv ya though*

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    TigerofRobare: Wonderful chapter.

Thanks!

Loved Kyp's conversation with Yoda. Yoda must use senility as a way of drawing out things from people. Luke learned that the hard way.

True, true.

Interesting exchange between Jaina and Padme.

Thanks!

Anakin2006: time travel stories are best!!!!

NEW READER!

*pounces*

[:D]

Welcome, and thanks for reading!

And if you like time travel fics, you should probably check out the time travel index (you can find a link to that in my bio). :)

master_jade: Wonderful!!!
    No time for a longer reply, but this was wonderful!

Thanks so much!

Courtney_Solo: This is awesome! OMG! I'm so glad you updated!
    Now, I REALLY can't wait to see what will happen.

LOL! Thanks for reading!

jasa: Yay! It's updated! I loved Yoda in this scene.

Oh Yoda. I love writing Yoda. Yoda is fun. :cool:

obsessedwithSW: Poor Jaina too bad she isn't hitting it off with Padme.

They?ll get around it? eventually. Hopefully. :p

I have a request can we have a happy ending where Anakin doesn't turn? Ish's time travel story didn't save Anakin, and well umm I thought that was part of the rules. The reason you do a time travel is to save people.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

It is?

[face_batting]

I?m able to promise that I?ll try to save Anakin? BUT I won?t be able to promise a happy ending. [face_plain] [face_devil]

*Ish you know its true I luv ya though*

Don?t we all, even though she can be soooo mean to her characters sometimes.

Ishy, Master, we love you! [:D]

10. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Whoa, this is cool! [face_hypnotized] I'm only at chapter 2, but put me on the PM list, please.

11. Darth-Semians

Darth-Semians Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 22, 2006
    This is thrilling.

It must have been wierd for Jaina to be speaking with her biological grandmother when her biological mother is still in vetro (Is that the right way to express it)? I wonder if Padme will now take the side of the Jedi and consider her and Kyp enemies. This is going to be good, you set all of us up for a showdown very soon. Good Job. =D=

12. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Great update! :)

13. dralksakrak

dralksakrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2006
    cool fic

please PM me when you update,it is awesome

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I am sooo happy you updated with a nice, long chapter!!!![:D] Excellent as always! And keep me on the PM list!

15. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    PM Me Please!!!!!
    This is soooooooo much fun to read.

16. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    This was a wonderful update! :D

Please do keep me on the PM list. :)

Jaina Solo. That was the name he kept repeating. The key lay with the mysterious Jedi woman who was apparently Padmé?s Force-sensitive double.

She really does look like her grandmother. I loved their meeting. You handled it very well, and the confusion and surprise Jaina felt was perfect.

?Lost your companion, you have? How embarrassing."

That is a great echo of that line. Well, he could look on the bright side, lol, at least he didn't lose a planet. ;)

Excellent work! :)

Ani-maniac

17. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    rebel_cheese: Whoa, this is cool! I'm only at chapter 2, but put me on the PM list, please.

Thanks! Welcome aboard! Sure, I?ll add you to the list. :)

Darth-Semians: This is thrilling.

Thanks!

It must have been wierd for Jaina to be speaking with her biological grandmother when her biological mother is still in vetro (Is that the right way to express it)?

Umm? I suppose you could put it that way. ;)

I wonder if Padme will now take the side of the Jedi and consider her and Kyp enemies. This is going to be good, you set all of us up for a showdown very soon. Good Job.

Thanks again! And yes, everything is being carefully set up? however, the road is long and we still have far to go. I?m not even done part 1 yet.

jacen200015: Thanks!

dralksakrak: cool fic

please PM me when you update,it is awesome

Thanks for reading, and yes, I?ll add you!

Jaira: Awww, thanks for reading! :)

star_writer24: Thanks for reading! Glad you?re enjoying TTA. :)

Ani-maniac: She really does look like her grandmother. I loved their meeting. You handled it very well, and the confusion and surprise Jaina felt was perfect.

Thanks so much; I was worried that that part didn?t come out very well, and I?m thrilled that you liked it!

That is a great echo of that line. Well, he could look on the bright side, lol, at least he didn't lose a planet.

LOL! [face_laugh] True, true.

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    All right, this thread and fic have been dormant pretty much since september. First, I apologize for the silence. School's quite distracting and I'm having writer's block... again... ( :( ) for this epic. I'm trying to get the next post ready, but it's going very slowly. So -- I'm still alive, but this probably won't be updated for a bit. But I promise that if this doesn't get updated for a while again, I will -- cross my heart -- have a post ready for the first day of the new year. ;)

--Idrelle

19. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm just glad to hear it's still alive.

20. scarlet_fang

scarlet_fang Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2006
    i love ur story!
    plz put me back on the pm list
    tyvm!

21. Aprilise

Aprilise Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    great great great story, I would love to be on the pm list as well

Aprilise

22. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    I'll be waiting on the first of January.

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    princess_of_naboo: Yep, alive and well. And hopefully it'll get more and more alive as we go along... :p

scarlet_fang: Thanks for staying with me!

Aprilise: Aww, thanks for replying! I've added you to the list.

TigerofRobare: Well, I'm a bit late, but I almost got to the January 1st promise. :p

To all readers --

I'm really sorry that it's taken me forever to update. Writing has been getting slower and slower as I keep getting bombarded with other plot bunnies for other stories. However, I now have a post ready for you to enjoy. :)

[hr]

When Jaina returned to the Jedi Temple, her mind was afire. The most reputed and prominent politician of this pre-Empire galaxy, Senator Padmé Amidala of Naboo, was her grandmother. She had just met her grandmother, a woman she would never have known if she hadn?t had this chance to travel into the past. She was filled with a strange mix of shock, wonder and joy. However, the fact that Padmé was only a few years older than herself brought an abrupt halt to her strange marvel as she was again reminded of the peculiarity of time travel. It was very much like the time when she had first seen Anakin, her grandfather.

What was even odder than the fact that Jaina and her grandmother were so close in age was that Padmé was pregnant with her [i]mother[/i]. That was her [i]mother[/i], an unborn child. Jaina shuddered and tried not to think about it. It was almost too much oddity to wrap her mind around for the moment.

As Jaina walked through the wide main halls of the Jedi Temple, ignoring the sights that she had been gaping at before in amazement, she remembered the days when she tried to imagine what her grandmother was like. She had always pictured someone like her mother with a bit of her Uncle Luke. The woman she had imagined was kind and gentle. Her real grandmother was someone almost entirely different from the figment of a young girl?s imagination. She was, it was true, like Leia ? there was no denying it. Padmé?s loyalty to the Galaxy had been passed down to her daughter; they were both Senators, strong women readily involved with the politics of the world. Padmé was intelligent, she was shrewd ? there had been a lot more going on in their conversation than it had appeared. Padmé had been testing her, studying her reactions, subtly trying to discover who she was. Jaina knew that. Jaina had been doing the same.

?Where?ve you been?? Kyp?s voice exclaimed angrily, interrupting her thoughts. ?I?ve been looking all over for you!?

Jaina looked up and found her friend standing in front of her. ?I?ve just had a chat with my grandmother,? she replied pointedly.

Kyp blinked. ?You what??

Jaina smiled. ?I found her. I found my grandmother ? Anakin?s wife.?

Kyp raised his eyebrows. ?Oh.? He looked quizzically at her. ?Are you sure??

Jaina rolled her eyes. ?Of course I am! Believe me, it?d be a little difficult not to realize who she is if you?re from [i]my[/i] family at this point in time.?

Kyp stared at her blankly.

?She?s pregnant!? Jaina hissed, astounded at Kyp?s current stupidity. ?With my [i]mother and uncle.?[/i]

Kyp looked at her with a very funny expression on his face and then he burst out laughing. He shook his head, grinning. ?You have no idea how weird that sounds ? especially if you didn?t know the context.?

Jaina grinned. ?Believe me, I can imagine.?

They walked together down the hall, quietly observing the other Jedi going about on their own business. As the Old Republic Jedi milled around them, concentrating on their own business, it seemed to Jaina that they had somehow adapted to their presence already. No one was paying attention to them ? which perfectly suited Jaina as she didn?t really want anyone listening in on their conversation.

?So, who is she?? Kyp asked. ?Who?s your grandmother??

?You?re not going to believe this,? Jaina told him, still grinning. ?It?s such a weird coincidence, but with my family it makes perfect sense. She?s the Senator of Naboo, Padmé Amida

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Great post, Idrelle! Jaina and Kyp were kinda cute, there. A big shock for Jaina, too. Her blood's probably bluer than ink. ;)

Disturbing visions by the Dark Side boys. *Shudder* Great outburst by Anakin, too. Sit down, moron!

25. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    And there he is, standing beside her, his lightsaber glowing a soft crimson, facing the darkness defiantly ? her guardian. With him are his trusted followers, the furry and brave fluff-balls ? the Ewoks.

Everything seems to freeze. A long moment passes as Jaina stares at the fluff-balls.

Ewoks?

With Kyp?

As her guardians?

Sory I copied this before I saw the directive at the bottom. Kyp and Ewoks too funny. So are you a K/J shipper? The conversation betweent the two was in character.
    Good Post I m glad you are continueing this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.