main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"This type of debate really belongs in the Senate, not the YJCC".

Discussion in 'Communications' started by epic , May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I don't think subjects like this should be limited to serious, or lighthearted responses. If it's something that is deemed to be seriously only, among a sea of lighthearted threads, isn't that why the Senate was created for in the first place?

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    95% of the jcc population don't post in the senate, though. that's the problem. and they shouldn't have to post there if they don't want to. i don't have to post in the arena to discuss football and i don't have to post in the amphitheatre if i want to discuss a movie or a film i like. why should i have to post in the senate, outside of the community and people i know, if i want to discuss something serious like abortion? particularly when the jcc rules clearly state that serious discussion is allowed.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I'm by no means disputing that serious discussion shouldn't be allowed in the JCC. I'm arguing that people that want to discuss things seriously, they shouldn't get offended if a lighthearted comment or two is made. If anything, it can defuse things when they start getting to heated in a thread of this nature.

That's just the way I see it. I'm not saying send the users to any particular forum that specializes in the subject in question, but, they need to lighten up when others make light of certain topics and quit calling it spam.

4. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I would suggest that in these days of a declining userbase there should be as little policy constraint on posting as possible in order to at least maintain the interest of current members of the forum. Like KW said above, any discussion thread just needs to be intelligently moderated. I think people here need to accept that this a diminishing forum, if anything, measures need to be implemented to encourage people to post not discourage them.

5. Alf_Ramsey

Alf_Ramsey Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2009
    I completely agree. People should be free to post as they see fit provided they're following the actual rules. If certain people aren't following the rules, then those particular individuals should be dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.