''This Weapon is your Life''

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by _Sublime_Skywalker_, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. _Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

I watched AOTC today for the first time in months, when I realized another quote that may have had a deeper meaning.

www.thelightsaber.com explains that Anakin's padawan lightsaber was constructed while he was in a trance and he designed it due to a 'dark presence'. Now it doesn't take a genius to figure out that his padawan lightsaber looks exactly like Darth Vaders OT lightsaber, minus the black linings.

So When Obi Wan says ''This Weapon is Your Life'' Was George secretly referring to The Destiny of Anakin Skywalker, explaining that the lightsaber he owns at the time of AOTC shows him his true dark path?

Maybe I'm just looking into this too much,as I usually do with Star Wars.

What do you guys think?
  2. Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I think you're looking into this too much.

3. Hitman90 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I don't it sounds like GL was refereing to the destiny of Anakin, but it could be just another scene where Obi Won scolds anakin.
  4. LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Ya, I think it was just another way of instilling that the lightsaber is the heart of a Jedi.
  5. JEDY Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yup, that's basically it .
  6. DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think Obi Wan was just trying to say that having his saber will let one know that he is a Jedi. However, if you look into the future, Luke actually throws his saber away telling the Emperor "Im a Jedi, like my father before me". Maybe he knew his father had a tendency to throw his sabers away as well ;)

Seriously though, this ideal of Obi Wan's or the Jedi for that matter, is an error of sorts. Anakin later realizes, learned from his son, that being a Jedi isn't always about having a Saber. Its about giving up things for the sake of keeping the good side of the Force.
  7. Wolfguard Jedi Youngling

star 1
    www.thelightsaber.com explains that Anakin's padawan lightsaber was constructed while he was in a trance and he designed it due to a 'dark presence'.

And they got this information from....?
  8. Mr_Sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    I agree with the others that it's not as complex as your making it out to be.

Jedi don't fight with blasters, or rifles, they fight with lightsabers. The lightsaber is a symbol throughout the entire galaxy, so when Obi-Wan brandishes that line, it's merely illustrating that point. ;)
  9. Alpha-Red Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Didn't he lose his lightsaber when he got captured? And the ones he used later were just some extra lightsabers that the other Jedi happened to have handy.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.