main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA THIS WEEKEND - FanForce Meet-up details!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I'm reposting this so it will get enough attention:

Ok, John and I returned from our trip to Leavenworth Saturday evening. Here is a tentative schedule of events, but bare in mind, none of it is set in stone.

Saturday June 24th

1:00PM - Meet in the Safeway Parking lot on the NorthEast end of town. Safeway will be on your right just as you get into town if you are coming from Spokane/Wenatchee and it will be on your left if you are coming from the other side of the state after you have gone through town and crossed the bridge over the Wenachee river.

1:30PM - Go to lunch at a local restaurant.

2:30PM - After lunch browse the shops downtown, visit the blackbird island

5:00PM - There is a cool miniature golf site down by the river, $10 per person. It isn't putt putt, but an actual mini golf course with water hazards and sand traps. John thinks this is really cool...

6:00PM - Barbeque at our KOA campground. This campground also has a heated outdoor pool and spa and a gameroom. Should be a fun evening. Also, those of us with costumes thought it would be fun to crash some of the accordion festivities going on....maybe.

Sunday June 25th

??? - Lazy sleep in time for those who want to, cook breakfast at the campground, all welcome to breakfast.

Afternoon - Maybe swim in pool some more or visit more shops

Late Afternoon - Packup and head to Wenatchee to the Ohme Gardens (John and I went, very nice) to scout for FanFilm locations. Everyone encouraged to come over to this, about 20 miles from Leavenworth, worth the drive. $7 per person, but if we can get 10 or more, it is a dollar off per person for the group rate. Driving Directions to Ohme Gardens

7:00PM - Garden is open until 7PM, so we'll leave by then or earlier!

Now, John has already reserved 2 campsites for Saturday night and now we need to know exactly who is going, if you have any time restrictions and what if any camping gear you can bring along. Please respond promptly so we can decide if we only need 1 campsite or 2! Thanks!

2. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm going...

My schedule for those that may need a ride:

Saturday 24th: Leaving Spokane between 8-9am. Arrive in Leavenworth and go to festivities

---- Saturday Night 6:00pm, leaving to go visit friends in Seattle ----

Sunday 25th: Heading home late afternoon.

If I gave someone a ride, which I can do, I can swing back and pick someone up Sunday to give them a lift home. So if there is any shortage of car space I can transport to-from Spokane.

Otherwise I'll only be there for Saturday daytime.

Nick

3. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    It's looking like Noelle and I will be able to make it for the trip. Since I'll probably just borrow my sister's jeep, I'll need to know what the mileage is (for gas prices) and some good directions. I've never actually driven to Leavenworth so I have no idea how to get there.

Anyway, that leaves us with one extra tent for some one else to use. Does anyone need it? From Spokane or Everett? Otherwise, I'll just leave it at home. Oh, and is there a camping fee for the use of this very cool sounding campground?

I'm currently trying to figure out my finances in regards to the golfing/restaurant thing. Breakfast, on the other hand, will be a snap... it's actually one of my specialties! :) Yep, I'm actully volunteering my services as camp cook! I'm thinking eggs, in a variety of ways (including a simple cheese omlet if anyone wants), toast, bacon and maybe even sausage. There is one catch, though: I'll need help doing dishes. "I fulfilled your mealtime wishes, don't thank me, just do the dishes!"

Say, anyone given any thought to S'mores? :D

Exactly how many people are going on this trip from Spokane? Right now, I count 5, but only 4 for camping. Is that right? Hey Nick, didn't Angela say that she likes to camp?

I could've sworn I had another question.....

4. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    I'll be driving alone so far.

Nick
    (Angela is going to get her daughter this weekend)

5. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Nat and Steve are possibles for the trip and camping, so that would bring it up to 6 camping...

6. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Alfredo, if you are leaving early Saturday, I think you can just Caravan with Nick and John and I. Otherwise, here are the directions on Yahoo.

Pretty much, you get on the freeway for 150ish miles and take exit 151 going north. Follow the signs to Quincy, and once in Quincy, follow the signs to Wenatchee. Once in East Wenatchee, follow the signs to US 2 Westbound.

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    John and Kelli, are your cell numbers still the same as you gave me when you came over for the Symphony last year (was it last year?)? I still have them programmed in my phone. I also still have Casey's, is he coming over this time as well?

8. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Mine's still the same, and I don't think Casey's coming, haven't heard anything from him

9. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Kelli,

The caravan idea sounds good! Besides, there's safety in numbers in regards to possible breakdowns.

What time were you all planning to leave?

Since Nat and Steve might be coming, I'll go ahead and bring the extra tent just in case. Just so everyone knows, it's a two-person dome, so it's not huge.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I've had the week from hell with my campers. I have a wedding that starts at 3pm on Saturday of an old friend that I didn't find out about until last week or was it the week before last? (it's all quite a blur at the moment). And I have to be ready to sing at 8:30am on Sunday. Due to my week of stress I don't think I can handle driving there and back in that small of a time span. So I am really sorry, but I won't be able to make it. I however, have plenty of camping equipment that I'd be willing to loan to someone if needed.

I'm really bummed I won't be making it. Kelli or John, how long was the drive when you took it last weekend? *still trying to figure out how to fit it in, in a way that won't land me asleep or worse on the side of the road*

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    3.5 to 4... If I remember correctly... might even be shorter. I REALLY think you should try and make it :D, but I completely understand if you decide not to... also, next year, we need to pick a different date, this is the same weekend as their big Polka-palooza thingy... so it's busier than normal.

12. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    POLKA POWER!

13. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    I was trying to think how we were going to arrange the carpool thingy... then I realized Kelli lives 100 feet away, which makes an easy starting point.

From there I'm guessing we'd pick up Raph near the Maple exit (that gas station/McDonalds).

I'm betting there will be a hang-up or slow person or two, so does it sound right that we should leave Eagle Rock at 8am ish???

Nick

14. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    I think that sounds about right, except that I think Kelli was gonna crash on my couch on Friday night so that we could pull camping gear out of my closet and so she'd have a chance to spend a bit of time with my mother before we leave (my mom just had surgery on her elbow)... but all the same, we will have to come through there... I imagine Kelli and I will probably try and leave around 7ish, and get to you nick, around 7:30 ish...

15. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    7:30....

Oh the humanity...

16. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Nat, :( I'd offer to give you a ride, but I'd never be able to match your timetable.....

John, I thought you were a gentleman! If Kelli's staying at your place, she should get your bed and YOU should be sleeping on the couch. :)

Are you guys sure that the drive is 4 hours? That's almost as long as it takes to get to Seattle. That doesn't sound quite right. Are we taking the shortest route? I-90? Highway 20? Highway 2?

(I have no idea which, if any, of those goes anywhere near Leavenworth, so bear with me)

Noelle and I can be ready by 8am for the caravan. Just let me know if there are any changes.

17. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    3 hours 11 minutes

Is the mapquest quote, and I always beat those times.

I think we can be safe if Kelli ang John leave their place at 8:00am, leave Eagle Rock 8:30am, and head out from Raph's shortly after.

This still gives us 45 minutes to an hour leeway.

(How fast do people drive, if I'm doing less than 70 I go bonkers, normally stay around 77)

Nick

18. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Is it possible for those of us coming from Everett to skip the meet in the parking lot step and go right to the restaurant step? That would require posting which restaurant to meet at here, or were you all planning to hash that out in the safeway parking lot and decide there?

19. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    haha, to be honest, I don't think we've decided either way. If you guys wanna pick one, then call either Kelli or I (probably be best to call me :D) and let us know, I'm quite alright with that.

20. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    CRAP!!!!!!
    crap!
    crap!
    crap!

SERIOUS CHANGE OF PLANS:
    My finances are seriously screwed.
    I can't drive to Leavenworth. The gas costs too much... that and restaurants.

...I have to be a gentleman and pay for Noelle. With my current financial situation, that limits me:

I can only do this trip if two things happen:
    1) I can get a ride for myself & Noelle and the camping gear to AND from Leavenworth. I can contribute only $20.00 dollars for gas. Period.
    2) The restaurant that we go to costs only $15.00 per meal. Seriously. I've factorred tip into this, but the meal for me and her can't go over $30.00

I realize this is very short notice, but I didn't know for sure till a few hours ago.

If I can't go, here's what I can give you to take with you:

Two tents; One large, one small.
    One-dozen eggs; for breakfast.
    A lot of bacon; also for breakfast.
    Half-a-pound of shredded cheddar cheese (that's a lot); also for breakfast.
    1 jar of Strawberry Jam; for the toast (not included)
    One large cooller; to keep all that stuff... well, cool.

"...help me... you're my only hope."

Post here AND call me. Either way, I'd like to know.

Sorry it turned out this way. My luck. Seriously.....

"If it wasn't for Bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."

21. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Well alfredo, if it makes you feel any better, my finances aren't looking good either at this point... I'm not sure how many people I can fit in our Montero, but if Steve decides not to go then I think I WILL have enough room for you and Noelle, and that would mean that gas would be split 5 ways... which is good. I'll call Steve today and find out if he's going or not and I'll give you a call once I know alfredo. I'll post back here once I know something new.

22. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    I'll gladly take $20 for gas since I was driving by myself normally anyway.

Not sure how much of the gear I can cram in my trunk...?

Like I said, I can give a ride to and fro', I just won't be there Sat evening.

Nick

23. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, so no matter what we'll have room there and back?

Good. I better call Alfredo.

24. mightyd4

Oct 24, 2004
    Yup, there and back...

Just might need to find a way to get them around Leavenworth Sat eve, and Sun afternoon.

I may want to leave Leavenworth around 6pm on Sunday, just to get home before it's pitch black out.

Nick

25. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    Nick, you are a lifesaver!!

Thank you!

We'll gladly accept a ride from you.

Thank you thank you!

I'll call you as soon as I get off this computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.