main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC This Weekend

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Stalker, Sep 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Hey guys, I hate to start a whole new thread BUT, this is pretty important. Everyone should plan on traffic inbound to the D.C. area to be horrible this weekend because of the IMF protesters. It is quite possible that traffic will come to a complete hault if things get out of hand. Is there another WOTC, preferably to the south that we could play at?

2. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmmm.... I think we have to stick to that particular WOTC. They have us scheduled for that time and other WOTCs are likely to have other things going on. For example, Springfield has a WOTC, but I know they have D&D roleplaying all day Saturday (I think).

Hmmm.

3. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    1. we can only play at that WOTC without paying another 5 bucks.

2. I suggest everyone take the metro this weekend. Darth you could take the one you dropped me off at

4. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Springfield metro is closer for me. I'll have to see what traffic is like but I'll plan to make it one way or another. I just wanted to make sure everyone was prepared in case things get a bit rough.

5. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I vote Metro!!!!

6. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    It's not really a vote thing. just a suggestion. I will be there at 2:30 on Saaturday, with my family

7. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    True. I was never trying to be persuasive. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of possible delays and offering an option in case others felt that it would keep people from being able to attend. I plan to be there also unless IMF protesters get near my car. In which case maybe I'll ask malkie to help me run a little offensive play using someone's head as a ball :)

8. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    :p Most of those protesters are peaceful, especially towards bystanders. Last time they were here there was no trouble at all actually.

Take Metro anyway, parking sucks.

9. Ken_the_CHOD

Ken_the_CHOD Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    The best part of Metro, or being within walking distance of home, can be summed up in one word:

BOOZE.

10. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    OK you convinced me I will take the metro again.I was going to go see AOTC again but maybe not.Oh well. It hink it was showing at 6:00PM so I prbably would have missed it anyway.

11. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    Um, AOTC is still playing??

12. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    AOTC is at the University Mall Theaters by George Mason University - not terribly convenient but it only costs like $3. Last time I went to the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse they said it was coming there "soon" but that was July....

13. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    hmmm, well, I've seen it 9 times already so I guess I can wait til Nov.12...

14. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Will SW play at the Drafthouse? I thought I remember then making a stink about TPM because LFL (or someone) didn't want it showing at places that served the aforementioned BOOZE. Or maybe that was in my imagination...

15. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    heh cute icon! if it plays there, I'd like to go. :)

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I couldn't resist Yoda Stories Luke. So cute!

SB, you want to go see AOTC again?? Wow, what a shocker!

17. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    heh. well you know me. I have this thing for a certain padawan. ;)

18. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Well, all I know is that they had a sign at the drafthouse that said coming soon AOTC and Spiderman. This was, however, in July. I didn't know LFL has a thing about the movie being shown where the dreaded booze is sold - after all, Obi Wan hangs out in bars. Still, nothing surprises me. I guess I'll just wait until the IMAX or the DVD, which ever comes first.

19. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Well the LFL thing might have been in my head, I don't know... Did TPM play at the Drafthouse?

20. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Hey guys there is an anti-war protest in D.C. this weekend. Hmmm, what should I wear to the mall...my BDUs or my flight suit? :)

21. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    A target :D
    Because you know if there is anything people againist war are going to do is attack somebody in the military.

Peaceful people always lead to violence to prove their point, like the rebellion in Star Wars.

22. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    That's fine. I would like to see people who preach against violence attack me. It would show others how much they truly believe in not using violence. I don't really look at these people as the rebellion. Unfortunately there are plenty of people that fall into the "rebel without a cause" category. Some people just look for stuff to protest. Let's say that the numbers of people out there was only one out of every ten people that opposed the war. Based the democracy system, they are badly outnumbered and would be served best to shut thier pie holes and accept that they lose and the majority rules.

Also note this...If it weren't for soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen like myself, these people would lose those american liberties such as the right to demonstrate. Simply put, anyone that demonstrates against the military has no foresight as to what the world would be like if they won. There are a lot of people in my parents generation that look back now with shame on themselves for how they treated Vietnam vets three decades ago. Some people are just slow learners.

23. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I think I'll stay out of this one. :)

24. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    I don't even know that there is an arguement. I was just due for a rant again. Stay tuned for more! :)

25. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    ok! when you rant, you rant. I meant that in a good way of course. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.