main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA This will be a day long remembered

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shaven_Wookie69, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaven_Wookie69

Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Both World Trade Centre Towers 110 storeys, collapse after being rammed by two hyjacked commercial aircraft.

The Pentagon also partly collapsed after being rammed by a 757 commercial aircraft
    directly into the section that houses the Army stategic planning section.

Another aircraft was downed in Shanksville near Pittsburg.

All American airports Closed

What can i say ,i'm STUNNED

takes a lot to do that to me

Check the Tv for Details

ANY channel will do!

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Definitely one of those "Where were you when..." kinda days.
    I heard the news from another room, it took a few minutes to register it wasn't a movie or something when I went through to the TV...

3. Shaven_Wookie69

Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Thought wow hellava movie to be on all channels

great special effects

then realized Whoa.................

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, me too. When I first heard about it, I got told that 2 planes had 'accidently' hit the same building... I thought it sounded strange.. so I assumed that I was getting bs'ed..

So I went and watched the news... :(
    Its disgusting.. How could anyone do something like this? horrible, disgusting, what a completely sensless act...

a total of 5 planes, I heard just then, have crashed... 2 into the world trade center(twin towers), 1 into the pentagon, 2 crashed elsewhere for unknown reasons (presumed hi-jacked)...
    :( frightening stuff...

5. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    There's a theory that the 2 that "crashed" into no known target may have actually been shot down,

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    I was peacefully watching Rove Live when it scrolled along the bottom of the screen, been watching it for hours and I must how horrifing it was. People lep from buildings trying to escape, they just showed footage of the first plane to hit, less then 45 degrees it came down on. DAMN!

I think it is quite safe to say our hearts go out to those that lost their lives in this tragic and sad event.

September 11th will go down in history as thee most sadden day for the entire world.

May they rest in peace.

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    My condolences go to the American people in this time of tragedy.

8. JediLeia

JediLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    as i do , i sort of feel really helpess and i know that's it a long way from us , but you see all those people running on tv in shock and terror and you can't do anything to help
    well anyway i just posted a msg in The New York Chapter of FF.N(from Outer Rim) saying that our prayers and thoughts are with them in there time of need

9. Sith_Witch

Sith_Witch Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I've only just been able to get to a computer to check that all the people I know from that area are alright (so far, out of five people I know that work in the area, I've only heard from one) but my condolences fly to everyone affected by this disaster.

I will say now, anyone who starts making sick jokes about this need to get their head checked. I'm saying this as a warning because I'm sure that no one wants to put up with sick puppies who find it neccessary to mask their fear with a bad sense of humour.

Okay, now that I have the nastiness out of the way, I will reitterate that I send all my hope and prayers to whatever deity will listen to those affected.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I haven't heard any jokes about it but I felt just as rotten when I saw footage of Palestinians celebrating over what had hapenned.
    PL & I were watching a video when we got a call from my mum telling us to turn on the telly. The first thing we saw was footage of the second tower collapsing since that had hapenned only moments before. I was stunned and still find it hard to believe.

11. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    On irc there are lots of idiots who think they are cool by making wise cracks about it.. :( Thats just sick..

EDIT: Also, Im off to give blood tommorrow as well.. They were saying on the news that a lot of blood from aussie bloodbanks is being exported to help... so they need more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.