main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

This will be a day long remembered...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Lightsabre, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang! Exciting news but with some mixed feelings as Lucasfilm is acquired by Disney and the announcement of Episode VII! I'm sure many more threads will pop up on potential story lines, characters, bridging the gap b/t old and new. I look forward to that. However, also keep in mind that this will mean a whole new generation of fans of all of ages and FanForce is the place to be!

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Now if only there was a FanForce in my area! :)

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Let's hope the announcement and release of new movies will revive FanForce.

I've had this title for years but a dead board that no-one posts on, that's no fun :p

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    A new movie meant always new fans and new members here. Just let us hope that the movie will be done well! I fear that they just want to sell out SW with the risk of losing the real SW feeling.

5. DarthNihilist

DarthNihilist Jedi Knight

Apr 4, 2006
    with the way that disney has handled the Marvel comic movies (Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, etc...) i'm fairly confident that the future star wars movies will be done well and with respect to the fans.

6. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Where can the story go? Mark, Carrie and Harrison are now Social Security age - are we going to see Luke, Leia and Han in a nursing home? Not feeing The Force on this - The circle is complete - was completing so now...what? I love Star Wars and I love seeing all 6 films on the big screen which is where Star Wars belongs but that story arc ship sailed.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Marvel comic movies are non-canon. That way, even if somebody is mad about what happens in the movies, it is fine because those movies don't actually matter to the overall storyline. They didn't actually "happen", even in their respective franchises.
    Star Wars films are different. They are the final word. The next one could potentially change the face of the EU as we know it, and in this case, unlike with the superhero movies, it's gonna last. I hope the movies will respect the fans, also.

8. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    I'd like to see a small cameo to bridge the gap, but no special CGI magic a la "Tron: Legacy", even if the technology is better. I'd like to see the next 3 focus more on story and character development and less on effects. Kinda like the 90's Batman movies vs the recent Dark Knight series.

I'd really like to see some attention paid to the EU. There's great characters and story arcs to pull from...and of course GL's treatments as well, which I believe also include Skywalker/Solo children.

Perhaps the only way to get Ford to reprise Solo is if they promise him the character will finally die off. :)

9. pillowpants

pillowpants Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree, I'm new to theforce.net but was a regular on starwars.com's forums for quite some time before they pretty much died. Nothing like nerding out with other star wars nerds! Its the best!

10. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    I've thinking that we star wars nerds love the movie. I can bet that their a star wars nerds at disney as well. I also thought about it and I think it will be voice acting coupled with three dimensional animated characters. I mean disney does have pixar at its disposal why not use them and there genius.

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    For sure, there will be lots of disagreement about the storyline - no matter how perfect they'll fit in. There will always be different opinions and different views about how SW should develope.

For me, I will enjoy the movie, if it fits mostly into the SW universe - even if that means, that there won't be a scene with Chewy. But if smaller parts are different to the EU, I won't care. It's an hobby, it's fun and so the main aim is having a good (great) time watching the new movies.

Since GL is still involved, I guess they will create a separate/new story line with some room for the old characters, although the old characters won't be the main ones. Something like Luke is leading/visiting a jedi academy and one of its students gets in trouble. So Luke and other characters might pop in, but don't have to. Plus this way they create a way to establish new characters for SW VIII and IX - while the old SW fans are still wanting to watch the new movies because of the appearance of the old characters. ;)

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Addition:
    Thinking of marvel comics and their movies, I agree that the next SW will be done well. But it also rises the same worries that weird_green_man posted above. The same way won't work.... unless they start a new storyline... but even that might become difficult for them because of the cross-connections of almost all stories (like main setting, characters, etc).