main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends This Year's Love (Wes/OC songfic series) Second One Up

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediCallista_1_6_e54, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Author: JediCallista_1_6_e54
    Summary: These songfics basically tell the story of my OC Ria, and tell about her and her various relationships.
    Timeframe: Post "Starfighters of Adumar"
    Characters: Ria, Wes, Lani, Han, others
    Notes: Most of these will interlock, though some will be slightly AU. Oh and if you've read "I Should Have Let You Go," that was AU and Han doesn't kill Ria. Ok, here's the first songfic:

This Year's Love

This years love had better last
    Heaven knows it's high time
    I've been waiting on my own too long
    When you hold me like you do
    It feels so right
    I start to forget
    How my heart gets torn
    When that hurt gets thrown
    Feeling like you can't go on

Ria wiped the back of her hand over her eyes and sniffled. The strong arm around her tightened and she glanced up to see Wes?s smiling face gazing down at her with a look of wonder. She brought her lips up for a kiss and then smiled shyly when he came away with the same dreamy smile.

?Why are you looking at me like that?? She shifted uncomfortably under his scrutiny, and he wrapped his other arm around her, as if making sure she wouldn?t run away. She felt confined, but at the same time, she felt safe, so she leaned back into the protecting circle of his arms.

?Because you?re wonderful.? Ria turned her head and blushed slightly. She wasn?t used to being fawned over, even if it was by her boyfriend of seven months. She felt one of his arms leave her, and she felt a momentary panic until she felt his hand at her chin, nudging it upwards.

?Look at me Ria. I?m not just saying this to flatter you. I?m saying it because this,? he paused as he brought his hand to his heart, ?hurts every time I think of losing you. It aches every time I think that I might somehow hurt you like those other nerfs you?ve dated. Ria, I think?.I think I love you.?

Ria?s only answer was to wrap her arms around his neck and kiss him as the fireworks of the new year exploded over the snowy mountains outside, thinking a single thought before being lost in Wes.

This year?s love had better last.

Turning circles when time again
    It cuts like a knife
    If you love me got to know for sure
    Cause it takes something more this time
    Than sweet, sweet lies
    Before I open up my arms and fall
    Losing all control
    Every dream inside my soul
    And when you kiss me
    On that midnight street
    Sweep me off my feet
    Singing ain't this life so sweet

This year?s love had better last

Ria put her hand over her mouth and stifled a giggle as Wes ran out in the street, prancing around in circles. He had his head thrown back, letting the cold snowflakes hit his tongue and melt in the warmth of his mouth. He looked so carefree, so happy, that Ria couldn?t resist joining him.

She checked the road once for speeders or hovercars, then stepped onto the inch of snow and twirled around with her arms above her head. She laughed when Wes grabbed her and began to dance around the street with her, acting like a regular five year-old when he grabbed her hand and tugged her towards a street lamp.

She gasped when she slipped on ice and the curb came rushing up to meet her, but more than a foot away muscular arms grabbed her around the waist and pulled her up against a warm body that belonged to Wes.

?Almost had a bit of a tumble there didn?t ya??

She thought she could here a note of fear in his voice as he pulled her closer to him and kissed her, under the little sprig of mistletoe hanging from the lamp post. They stood there in the snow until they were both exhausted and shivering, but still clinging to each other.

Ria had never felt more content, except maybe on their seven month anniversary a year ago when he had finally admitted he loved her. Remembering that night made her snuggle her head deeper into Wes?s coat, but she gasped when she suddenly felt the cold night air on her cheek.

She opened her eyes only to see Wes on his knees, a boyish grin on his face and his sparkling eyes gazing up at her with the com

2. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    [:D] And again you amaze me!

Very well done [:D]

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?Ria?will you marry me? Kettch says it?s ok.?

[face_laugh]

That was sweet, Callista :) Very interesting OC's and well written. I liked the way you worked the song in. Who's the song by, out of curiousity?

Anyway, excellent work :D

4. JediCallista_1_6_e54

Apr 3, 2005
    Grand_Admiral_Grant: And again you amaze me! Very well done

Thanks! :D

YodaKenobi: ?Ria?will you marry me? Kettch says it?s ok.?
    [face_laugh]

That was sweet, Callista Very interesting OC's and well written. I liked the way you worked the song in. Who's the song by, out of curiousity?

Anyway, excellent work

Thanks! :p I had to put that line in. I mean, it's WES! :p The songs by David Gray.

5. JediCallista_1_6_e54

Apr 3, 2005
    Barbara Streisand's All I Ask of You

No more talk of darkness,
    Forget these wide-eyed fears.
    I?m here, nothing can harm you
    My words will warm and calm you.
    Let me be your freedom,
    Let daylight dry your tears.
    I?m here, with you, beside you,
    To guard you and to guide you

Wes shut his eyes against the pain written across Ria?s face. Blaster bolts to the stomach were always tricky business. They bled a lot, and it was almost impossible to see if any organs had been hit. Most stomach bolts were fatal even without internal damage, because of the amount of blood that would be lost.

Lucky for Ria, Wes had been right next to her when she was hit. Unlucky for her, she was wearing stormtrooper armor. The blast had made the tough armor fracture and get stuck in the stomach wound, and Ria knew she would die here. Unless Wedge and Tycho finished up in the bridge in less than five minutes, Ria would die. That was also assuming they knew where a filled bacta tank was.

Wes couldn?t stand her pain. He had gotten the man who had shot Ria in the throat, and then got the last man with a shot through the eye lense. So he was now kneeling on the ground with Ria?s head in his lap, whispering soothing nothing into her ears and trying to drown out her pessimism.

She?s been spending too much time with Hobs.

Then say you love me every winter morning,
    Turn my head with talk of summertime
    Say you need me with you, now and always
    Promise me that all you say is true
    That?s all I ask of you

Ria wanted to cry. Not because of her pain, but because of Wes?s pain. He knew she loved him, but he hadn?t returned the favor. And what he was telling her was making it so much harder. ?We-Wes. Do-don?t t-talk. It-it?s hard en-enough with-out you ma-making me f-feel b-bad about what I-I?ll be m-missing. D-don?t m-make promises y-you c-can?t k-keep.?

She saw the hurt in his eyes, but she didn?t want fantasies that wouldn?t come true. It would just hurt Wes more if he gave himself false hope. He doesn?t know when to quit, does he?

Wes was still talking about the vacation on Chandrila they were supposed to take with the squad. He was trying to make her think about the warm beaches instead of the cold that was slowly seeping through her body. Always the sweet one. Prankster, most of the time; but always someone you can trust. Ria let her eyes flutter shut.

Let me be your shelter,
    Let me be your light.
    You?re safe no-one will find you
    Your fears are far behind you
    All I need is freedom,
    A world that?s warm and bright
    And you always beside me
    To hold me and to hide me

?Ria, open your eyes. RIA OPEN YOUR EYES NOW!? Wes almost fainted with relief when her eyes opened slowly. He wanted to curse her, he wanted to cry over her, he wanted to sweep up her dying body and kiss her until she forgot about the pain. Somewhere in the deep corners of his mind he thought if he could make her forget she was dying then she would stay with him.

Stay alive.

He stroked her hair out of her face and let a single tear fall from his blue eyes. ?landed on her mouth, and she weakly brought her tongue to lick it off her chapped lips. He had no water with him; stormtroopers don?t normally carry canteens around. But even if he had it wouldn?t have mattered. There cover got blown anyways, and now Ria?s eyes were closing one last time?

?NO RIA! I LOVE YOU!!?

Say you?ll share with me
    One love, one lifetime
    Let me lead you from your solitude
    Say you need me with you here, beside you
    Anywhere you go, let me go too
    That?s all I ask of you.

This time Ria tried to sit up. She got about a centimeter off the ground before a blinding pain shot through her abdomen and almost blacked her out. I?ve waited so long to hear those words. Now he tells me. When I?m dying. I guess it was the last prank he played on me: pretending to be just my friend. I don?t think he thought it wouldn?t be resolved until I die.

She wanted to stay with him so badly. She didn?t want to leave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.