main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thomas (Clone Emperor) in the new Insider

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Karma, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Anyone check out the EU story in the latest insider? That is indeed Thomas (the CLone Emperor) pictured in the artwpork. I asked the artist, and he confirmed. Way to go Thomas!

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    LMAO and I thought Thomas was just a good look a like :D Thats awesome! Congrats Thomas!

3. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Funny, when I think of the Clone Emperor, I think of Thomas, not any of the pictures or the figure... He is great at capturing the essense of the character, and a really nice person.

4. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]I only found out about this when I received the Star Wars Insider, Issue 83. It came as quite a surprise.
    [image=http://www.joecorroney.com/portfolio/Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art/1BestofEUFinal.jpg]

I met the artist, Joe Corroney at Wizard World, Chicago this past weekend. He actually has his own discusion thread in this forum; Official Joe Corroney Discussion Thread.

The collague is the introduction art for an article entitled The 20 Most Memorable Moments of the Expanded Universe. Joe told me that he thought of me when the illustration called for The Clone Emperor. The Asajj Ventress illustrated is a lady named Jen, after her costumed appearence at Celebration III;

[image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/cE_Omar/cEO_08.jpg] [image=http://501neg.com/photos/albums/userpics/10029/normal_Jentress%204.JPG]

I am really stoked about the illustration. The chain of inspiration is precisely the aspect that draws me to Star Wars costuming.

Neat. (And hey guys, thanks for thinking of me.)

Be well,
    Thomas
    [/color]

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Congratulations Thomas! I hope you get a framed copy of the artwork. Awesome!

6. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That is really groovy!

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow, that's fantastic Thomas! I'm not familiar with EU characters, but after seeing Thomas at a few convenions in my mind he is the Clone Emperor. It's very fitting that the illustator used his likeness. Very cool!

- Kay Dee

8. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Yeah, Thomas is the best Clone Emperor I have ever seen done. He definately fits the character to a tee.

9. VillieGee

VillieGee Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2002
    Thomas is the ONLY Clone Emperor I've ever seen. :p

10. electrakitty

electrakitty Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Way to go, Thomas! I just went to Borders and had a look at the illustration. I knew it was you as soon as I saw it. We'll have to find each other at C4 and do a photo, I'm planning a Dark Empire Leia :)

11. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    It, too, thought to myself when I saw the illustration, "that looks like Thomas". Excellent tribute to a fine costume and a fine costumer.

12. Sister_Sola

Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2002
    Congrats again Thomas! Looks so cool!

13. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Way to go Thomas and Jen!

Both costumes looked great and animate well!

~DG~

14. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    haha i KNEW

15. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    i KNEW that looked like you! I thought to myself when i first saw it... that looks like the dude with the clone emperor costume, the paralada or w/e its called dude! lol.

16. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Woh! :eek: No wonder the Clone Emperor Illustration in the Insider looked familiar when I was reading it during the weekend. ;)

Congrates, Thomas! [face_dancing]

Ya, you are also the ONLY Clone Emperor I had seen online so far. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.