main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Thor] Other Ways

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Moonspun Dragon, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    Summary: Loki is frustrated. Frigga helps.
    Rating: K (G)
    Genre(s): Family/Angst
    Characters: Frigga, Loki
    Words: 882
    Disclaimer: I own nothing.
    A/N: I know this isn't exactly a proper story, but more of a snapshot of an explanation of sorts. If you remember in TDW, Loki and Frigga had similar fighting styles. This explains why, I hope. Anyway, Loki is approximately 14- 16 human years. Thor is one year older than him and Sif is the same age as Loki. As always, I apologize for any OOC- ness. Enjoy! :D

Other Ways​
    With a frustrated growl, Loki threw his sword across the room, where it embedded itself into a wooden support pillar. He stalked to the center of the room and looked around at the heavy wooden targets that where either neatly stacked in small piles, or standing on their own supports, his anger was close to overflowing.

He never understood how he could be so awful at combat when compared to his brother. They both started training at the same time, despite him being a year younger. Though no matter how much Loki would train, or improve himself in any way, he could never win a match against Thor. He scoffed. He couldn't even win one against Sif. Not without his magic, anyway, which was forbidden in the training ring.

Loki paced, his movements betraying his anger and frustration. Another thing Thor is perfect at! he silently snarled.

His memories of what had happened that morning came, unbidden, in his mind. He had lost so abysmally and with Sif. Then he had suffered the humiliation of baring taunts and jests at his own expense. He had tried to bare them with his usual indifference. Though by the time the evening meal came around, and the laughter showed no signs of stopping, he made excuse, something about returning his borrowed sword, and came out to the weapons house.

Snarling, Loki released a wave of unfocused magic, setting the stacked targets on fire. He grabbed a handful of throwing daggers that were nearby, and threw them at the standing targets. He powered them with magic and causing them to break some of the legs and take a chunk out of the center.
    When all the targets were destroyed, Loki stood back in the center of the room, panting slightly, and watched as the fire destroyed the last few targets. When this was done, the fire dissipated. He only felt slightly better.

It wasn't fair that everything Thor did was perfect and effortless while everything he did, he had to struggle to do and he, still, wouldn't accomplish it, not really.
    He was so focused on these thoughts, that he didn’t realize he wasn’t alone until a voice said, “Practicing your magic, I see.”

Loki spun around, startled, then relaxed and his anger and frustration behind a smile, which was no less genuine. “Mother,” he greeted, inclining his head in a bow, “You know how I always want to get better at it.”

Frigga returned his smile. “True. Though I never thought you would use it to destroy those innocent targets.” As if on cue, a burnt stack of targets creaked.

Loki smirked unapologetically. “They deserved it.”

Frigga shook her head, amused, but immediately became serious when Loki shifted closer to her. She saw something glimmer on his cheek. “Loki, what troubles you?” she asked, concerned.

Loki raised an eyebrow. “I don’t know what you mean, Mother.”

Frigga saw through his innocent expression and mimicked his raised eyebrow. She knew he knew exactly what she was talking about. “You don’t unleash your temper like that,” she gestured to the unfortunate targets, “or shed tears if there was nothing wrong.”

Loki looked at her, startled. He raised his fingertips to his cheek and only then noticed that his vision was slightly blurry. He glared in silence at the offending liquid he held, knowing that if he spoke now, he would only humiliate himself further and give into his anger and frustration. The two main sources of his tears.

Frigga watched her youngest son and knew exactly when he decided to discard his façade. She had seen his sparring match with Sif that day and heard the laughter and jests at his expense later at the evening meal. She saw how hurt he truly had been as he smiled and laughed with the others. She, also, saw and recognized the mounting anger.

She had been keeping an eye on Loki’s combat training for quite some time, now. She knew and accepted that thought her youngest son was strong, he was not as strong as some of the other young Asgardian warriors- to- be. However, the lessons he was being taught focused more on brute strength. He needed to be taught to utilize his other strengths.

Frigga walked the few steps it took to bring her to Loki’s side. She placed her hand underneath his chin and gently lifted it to meet her gaze. She saw the questions in his eyes. Questions that unknowingly went back to his actual heritage. Something she was still angry at Odin for taking so long in telling him. “The reason why you cannot defeat Thor is because you do not possess the physical strength.” She saw the flash of anger fueled by a bruised ego cross his face. She continued before he could say anything. “That being said, there are two things which you have in abundance that is more important than brute strength: Agility and a quick mind.”

Loki shook his head. “I have been using them. They don’t work.”

Frigga smiled gently. “Only because you have not been taught how to use them properly. Let me show you, my son.”

Loki tilted his head to the side, thoughtfully. After a few minutes of silence, he nodded. “Alright, Mother.”

End​

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I just loved mommy-Frigg in this! [face_love] And Loki's frustration was clearly captured and conveyed. I loved the mother/son moment, and the explanation for their similar fighting skills. It definitely fills in a blank. [face_thinking]=D=

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent emotive stuff. Ah, Siph and Loki -- =P~ Mira_Jade has seen to it that they are eternally paired in my mind LOL [face_love] Very much a frustration transcending time and space and place, sibling rivalry :p =D= Do love Frigga's pragmatic and sympathetic approach. :)

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww that was so sweet! I adore Loki, of course, and Frigga helping him was so mom-like! Just too feaking adorable!

5. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    First, I want to say that I'm sorry for not replying earlier. I was unexpectedly incommunicado this week. I apologize.

Aww, Thanks! ^_^ Yeah, Frigga wanted to spend some time with innocent!Loki (i.e. pre- Thor to first half of Thor. :p) and I couldn't deny her. :p It kind of does, yeah. IMO, you can never have too much Loki and Frigga mother/ son moments. :D [face_love]

[face_laugh] Yeah, she does. :p I'm more of a Loki/ Jane girl myself, but Loki/ Sif are one of my favorites, too. Especially, if you notice that throughout the first Thor film, specifically the scenes that Sif and Loki share, you can see Sif is always staring at Loki. :p Thank you. She, probably went through the same things, herself, considering she's, also, obviously, not as strong as some of her oppnents. She had to compensate, somehow. :p :D :p

Thanks! :D ^_^ Their relationship is pretty adorable. [face_love] My belief is that no matter what, Loki does consider Frigga his mother and Thor his brother. That being said, he truly hates Odin's guts and, probably, wishes he was at the bottom of an ocean, or something. :p

Anyway, thank you all, again, for your comments. :D They really brightened up a sort of difficult week. :D [:D][face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.