main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Thoroughbred line-party Details

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Kir Kanos, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Here is the latest scoop. Carmike called me today and said that our proposal was approved in full by the corporate office. They are really excited about all that we are doing for this.

They will be keeping the theater bathrooms open for people lining up throughout our night there. They will also be providing us extra security. Unfortunately due to the expense of security, they decided not to participate in our programs for charity, not even free movie passes. I forgot to ask, but I'm going to see tomorrow if they could at least give us a couple of movie coupon books for prizes. These are worth about $25 a piece in tickets and concessions.

Our banner idea was approved, but alas we lack the extra funds currently to produce this. While it would have been cool, I think having some really neat prizes is more important than having a banner. If we end up getting some additional sponsors before Thursday and it's feasible to do this, I'll let you all know.

2. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    If your are unable to get a banner printed, use the one you brought to the last meeting. It wasn't as big, but it still looked pretty cool.

3. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Unfortunately with the humidity around here, it will probably start curling up and warping in only a few hours of exposure. I can try it though. I'll print it out at about 75% which is about 3' x 11'. I'll see if there is some type of adhesive spray that will help to seal it. However, we'll just have to hang it up by the breezeway by our line. If we had enough funds, the banner would have been able to be hung over the Thoroughbred. Man, that would have been sweet! Oh well.

4. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    How much is the banner and how long does it take to get one made??? It would be awesome to have one... can we get some funds together for it?? How big are we talking about??

5. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    With what we designed you can figure about $3-$500 for a 10' or 15' banner.

But before we can even consider a banner we first have to make sure we have enough funds to cover the printing of the Line Party Program. We're still about $500 shy of our minimum goal. If we cannot acquire a sponsor or enough ad revenue to cover the cost - we may need to all chip-in to get the Program done before a banner.

Also Scott thinks that Prizes for the contests we want to have in-line are a higher priority than a banner at the moment.

6. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Scott,..can you get it laminated? We could even go to Walmart and get contact paper, which is like a very thin laminate.

7. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    The cost for the banner is $320 from Above Signs across from the Thoroughbred. They even gave us their "Charity" discount because of what we are doing for the JDRF. We aren't going to get a better price for this unless someone in our group own their own print shop and I dont' know of anybody that does.

As far as contact paper goes, I doubt that anybody carries contact paper that large. If we would end up doing 8-1/2" x 11" sheets, I think it would look real obvious, like we piece-mealed this thing together. The printers need a minimum of 3 days of lead time on this, so theoretically we could wait until the Friday before opening week to turn this in. We already have a design for this done. We just need to have a printer create the banner for us. We'll just have to play it by ear.

8. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I've bought it at Walmart before in 36" sheets,..not sure how long the roll is.

9. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Take it from someone that designs and creates Trade Show Booths among the other stuff I do - you DON'T want to laminate with contact paper.

Been there tried that for some cheapo clients for a horticulture booth at Mid Am one time. Not pretty.

The guys that are printing our program can print out a pretty large color graphic up to 15'. They can also laminate it.

I think they can do that for around $150. It wouldn't be sturdy enough for an outdoor mount if it was real windy or raining - but if the weather is nice - it might be an option available. I'll check with our printer pals and see if they'll cut us a deal.

10. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I was just throwing out ideas,....I agree It's not the best-looking route to take.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.