main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Thoroughbred Midnight Show News

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordINVAR, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Like Dylan said, let's let Scott handle this since he was our front man. I find it hard to believe after all of the cooperation we've recieved from Corporate, that things will go down the toilet now. The Dark Side is strong, but let's not let it dominate our destiny.

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    The Dark Side is Clouding everything.

Avarice, confusion, indecision, chaos...the Dark Side creates them, makes them grow.

Losing our ability to plan the future the fans are...

But did our duty we fans have - and now wait we must to see if plans are foiled.

Hold out hope we must...24 Standard Hours we will know.

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    So is everyone's imagination. SO Relax!!! I personally apologize if we don't get a midnight showing even though it's out of my hands. Just please keep the negative comments down until we hear something definite. I will do what I can do for our group as I have from the beginning of all this. I'll probably be just as upset if not more so than many of you because of all the time and effort I've personally put into this. It's still a possibility, so don't throw in the towel yet ;)

4. xaviore

xaviore Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I live in Greensboro, NC and commute weekly to Nashville for business. back in 1999 Greensboro only had 1 theater in town that had a midnight showing and that was the Cinemark @ Brassfield. The best theater in town at the time was the Carmike near Wendover (which has stadium seating whereas the Brassfield STILL does not). THEY HAD NO MIDNIGHT SHOWS. We begged management to cave but they would not based on orders from the corporate office.
    I suspect this will be the case here in Nashville as well.

Me and my wife bought our tickets at fandango at the Regal Opry Mills 20. My suggestion is to get your midnight tickets now and then go and enjoy the earliest show at the Thoroughbred.

5. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    No, it is not going to be the same case again. We have already confirmed that Carmike will be showing the film at 12:05 AM... midnight. Have fun at Opry Mills, the real fun is going to be in the official line.. at the Thoroughbred!! :D

6. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    xavior,

With confirmation from Carmike to Scott that the Thoroughbred IS going to have a midnight show - you don't want to miss it! Scott and Co. have planned a HUGE bash - complete with contests, prizes, tournaments - radio coverage (they're working on TV coverage right now) costumes and absolute Saga Madness!

If you were at the H-27 in 1999, I can guarantee you that Scott has worked and planned this event to make the one in 1999 lame in comparison.

It was agonizing and stomach-churning awaiting confirmation of a midnight show while Advance Tickets were on sale - but NOW that we have confirmation, and everyone at Carmike is assisting us in any way they can - Scott is moving full-steam ahead to implement all the ideas and plans they worked so hard to make happen for this line party and fundraiser.

Time for an absolute BLAST at the Thoroughbred next Wednesday - and I'm looking forward to meeting you folks again and doing my part to help out the JDRF while battle melee's with plastic lightsabers light up the evening sky.

7. xaviore

xaviore Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Cool. I may stop by, join the party, jump in front of the TV camera before I head on up to the IMAX. Sounds like fun - the best of both worlds.

When I heard yall bamas were having problems, i could not take the chance of missin a midnight show.

Have fun on the 16th!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Come on down! We'd love to have you!

Just bring your costume and plastic lightsaber.

Also while you're there - don't forget to get an Official NAD Line Party Program with a donation to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!

Way cool keepsake!

9. pogo1138

pogo1138 Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2002
    can people get tickets to the midnight show online ro do you have to go to the Thoroughbred?

10. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I don't see it listed online (yet).

11. Evil-Paul

Evil-Paul Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    You can now buy tickets to the 12:05am show on Wendesday (technically Thursday) the 15th. You can purchase them online or at the theater if you didn't go with the group buy earlier.

There has been insanity regarding Star Wars today. We have now been told that we are only guaranteed TWO prints. So anyone who bought tickets to the showtimes those two prints had, you will get a refund. And as if that wasn't enough, we were given NEW SHOWTIMES. The movie is longer than originally thought. But these new showtimes will only be good for Sunday, May 19 through Thursday, May 23 (because tickets were already sold the 16th-18th).

The following showtimes are good for May 19 - May 23:

12:40, 1:00, 3:40, 4:00, 6:40, 7:00, 9:40, 10:00

This is a nightmare.

-Paul

12. Gilmour

Gilmour Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Hello!

Im new to posting here, and have been keeping an eye on your party for a week or so.

I and 2 friends of mine will be coming down from Livingston, TN (North of Cookeville), and I had a question.

What time would be a good time to show up for the festivities?

I know that Carmike has confirmed a 12:05 showing, but with all the stuff you guys are doing, I figured it might be best to get there early, any suggestions?

13. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I got my tickets for the 12:05 at Thoroghbred TODAY and have them IN HAND! Woo-hoo!!!!!!

-Ticket...I mean TOYmaster

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Some of us plan to get there as early as Tuesday afternoon. I'd definately want to get there NLT 6:00PM Wednsday.

15. DrygarKenash

DrygarKenash Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    I swung by and picked up mine tonight. First time I have ever been there. Looks like a nice set up!

16. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    That's why we picked it! :) Great theater. THX sound, stadium seating, close proximatey to a major highway, fast food and drink within walking distance and it's in a good, & safe area, unlike H27.

17. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Can you hear me say.... "I got my midnight show tickets!!"

Can't wait!!

18. Wampa_Stompa

Wampa_Stompa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2002
    So Scott, when do the rest of us pick up our tickets from you? I'm getting really excited now...

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    You can pick up your tickets at the line-party. I have you down so don't worry. Here is the list of people I got payment for tickets via paypal before 6:00 p.m. on May 1st. If your name is not on this list, then I didn't receive your payment via paypal, therefore, you need to go get tickets ASAP. If you handed it to me in person or made other arrangements with me than you of course are taken care of :)

Received via paypal:

guber
    Biggs327
    Gmspiroth
    ChewieTitan
    Wampa Stompa
    pogo1138
    JediToren

BTW, tickets were still not available for purchase on Fan DANG! :eek: as of this posting. They are listed as a May 15th showing. You'll have to click on the Carmike Thoroughbred link from Fandango for this date to come up available on the page. LOL!

20. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Did my group not make 'The List'?

21. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    That's only the Paypal listing. You are taken care of Michael (read the whole post). You didn't pay via paypal. ;)

22. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Duh!

Like I said before - the Dark Side Clouds everything - especially my brain cells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.