main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Those 2010 rumors - in hindsight - Will the sequel trilogy end on a cliffhanger??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by IG_2000, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Fourth or future trilogy.

Darkslayer likes this.
  2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I cant say I doubt it, but I really hope not. I think this saga needs a fitting conclusion now that we know 6 wasnt the end, and then an unrelated new saga.....

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    This Saga will reach it's conclusion, but their's no reason New Saga's cant's spin off of it.

The new generation wraps up the loose ends of the past two generations.

Then a few years down the road, the story group comes up with something new for Ridley, Boyega, and Gleeson.

they can also revisit the periods between 1 to 9, with non saga trilogies, duologies, and standalones, as well as tv series
    taking place in different time periods. If you want a rogue squadron series, it can be between 4 to 9

Jedi Academy, or young Jedi before AOTC, and or before episode seven.

LunarMoth likes this.
  4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Any other conversations that took place pre "announcement" 11/1/2012 lets talk about them. What a time in SW to be feeling an awaking. I always remembered Episode VII was rumored to take place with always a "no way" reaction by others. Still can't believe it. Before the announcement we all knew the PT was in 3D and to be released, but I didn't hear or pay attention to what was to be.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They had to wait 30 years for Hamill, Fisher and Ford to grow into the elder statesman characters in the ST but I doubt they'll wait another 30 years for Ridley, Boyega and Issacs to grow into the elder statesmen of Ep. 10-12 so if there (probably) is a FT, they'd recast Poe, Rey and Finn!

Or maybe Episode 10 would be a 100-year jump or something which would make the PT-OT-ST a standalone trilogy of trilogies of the Skywalker saga.

6. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I think the Star Wars trilogy saga ends with the one that's coming. I still don't know what to make of the whole "Force Awakens" premise other than the obvious. Will Episode VII set the stage for an all-out Jedi vs. Sith war that will forever change the galaxy?

Only time will tell.

One thing that is for certain, I love the actors that they have hired to star in these new movies, especially John Boyega. Not only is this young man a top notch actor, he has loads of charisma. Daisy Ridley is more than just another pretty face. She's talented and should make for an excellent leading lady. Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, and of course the original actors... I think we're in for a treat if the script is good. Since the guy (I think Kasdan is his name, correct me if I'm wrong) who penned it also wrote ESB... we can remain optimistic.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    More to it than that.

I still get a pang of nostalgia remembering when I first wandered around Taris, and there were chrome Sith army everywhere, and the setting felt completely new, but still familiar. the setting of KOTOR was wonderful

8. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Will it end in a cliffhanger maybe the second movie will decide that the first movie will probably be a win for the rebels then the sith are in the verge of winning the second one which is delayed until the scene continues in the third one.

9. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    There were rumors in 2010? My goodness...

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Why FT? wouldn't it be NT or New Trilogy? Lucas said this is the last trilogy of his? I mean I guess this could all change depending on how popular these ST characters are and how the spin-offs do.

I wonder where we can go from here.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fourth trilogy or Final Trilogy. There were reports in the 70's and 80's of 4 trilogies total after all.

12. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    I like Final Trilogy then. Thanks for the info.

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeesh, someone on the first page already said "FT = fourth trilogy" and people are still asking what it means? :rolleyes:

Anyway I don't think there will be a cliffhanger ending...or at least there shouldn't be one. Even if they do plan on making a FT, it's going to be quite a long wait for Episode 10, and at that point, ending with a cliffhanger is basically torturing your fans.

14. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Still don't believe for a minute that the ST we are going to see will have any link to the story ideas Lucas had allegedly cooked up.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I still really don't have any idea at this point if they will do the FT or not. I do think if this does well, and I think it will, they might want to make the FT. But even if it does, I could see them saying they are done for now with the ST and focus on Spin-offs and other things having to do with SW. That being said, I doubt the ST will end on a cliff hanger no matter what.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.