main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Those annoying blue squares...

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by DARK_SCORE, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    Anyone else noticed that during ad breaks on ITV1, there's a really annoying graphic with some blue and yellow squares between every sodding commercial??? If you haven't noticed yet, go home tonight and check it out. Once you've spotted it, it's impossible to ignore.

Why??? ?[face_plain]

DARK_SCORE
    :cool:

2. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    D_S what can I say its ITV [face_plain]

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    No, I can't say I've ever seen it.

Wait, I don't get ITV...never mind. [face_blush]

4. Jumping Jedi Flash

Jumping Jedi Flash Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 1999
    well its called a sort of DOG, a sign or something that appears on the screen when you are watching a program.

For example Formula 1 has it in the bottom left hand corner and sky 1 has it in the top left corner.

They are there so us the thick punters can tell what tv station we are on. :(

not forgetting the fact that if you have only terroristrial there is only 5 stations (or 4) which you can get and it normally is never hard to see which is which.

if you have digital (sat or cable) you know by the on screen info when you change channel what you are turning too.

Its just a way of branding the tv.

go here for more info and to sign up

http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/

another way is to just not watch the ads, this will teach itv a bigger lesson if everybody turns over when their ads come on. its the way they make money! they will change it back within a heart beat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.