main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Those Darn Kids!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Manisphere, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    It doesn't take a mastermind to know that the theaters will be packed tight with chatty restless younglings. It's a cartoon. Maybe a baby will cry at the back of the theater and the mother JUST WON'T TAKE THE KID OUT. Maybe the kid two seats down will keep giving a blow by blow to his buddy cause he's seen it 4 times already and you have to shush him 3 times.:mad::p

Are any of you "adults" going to later shows or taking steps to see The Clone Wars in a more adult setting? Is there such a thing? Or is this going to be as noisy as any movie would be?

2. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    My advice is to seek out a brew and view.

3. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I'm taking my six year old. I'm expecting a wonderful time. And if anybody at the show complains that I brought a kid I imagine I'll have to break his nose. Then again the Saturday morning matinee of Clone Wars is bound to be packed with children so anybody who complains about kids at the show probably isn't that bright. [face_laugh]

4. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    I just hope it opens to a lot of theaters. Some poeple are dismissing it only because it's animated, sheez.

5. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I'm bringing my 5-year-old on Friday night. I hope he'll be too tired to interrupt, but hey, its a family event and we're going with the NH Mandalorians and the New England Garrison of the 501st on their "dinner and a movie" night to benefit the Make A Wish foundation. We'll probably buy it on DVD in November when it comes out anyway. It is rated PG anyway so you have to expect the kids to go.

6. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    Well it is the first kid friendly Star Wars movie since TPM. I mean I saw ANH in 77 back when I was two years old. Empire scared the crap out of me when I was five but up until the force cave I was transfixed. Jedi was pure kid friendly gold as was TPM. But AotC and RotS were for teens. TCW has brought SW back to being for the kids; the people Star Wars was meant for in the first place.

7. DarthRevan211

DarthRevan211 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 17, 2008
    AotC not for kids? I don't think we saw the same movie.

8. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Well they're all "for kids", but some movies are more kid-friendly than others. I don't see what makes AOTC more kid friendly than the others. There were no Ewoks, no Gungans, no kid actors(except for Boba Fett, but I he's just a minor character and I don't think that kids were supposed to "relate" to him). A few dark moments like Anakin carrying his mother's dead body back to the homestead, and some limb-severing here and there.

9. Prequel_Dreamer

Mar 28, 2004
    Do you even have young children? I assure you that the idea of a mother getting kidnapped by a bunch of monsters and dying in her sons arms is a terrifying idea to young children. I also think the bombing at the start of the movie that took out Padme's bodyguard is a nasty piece of action. More Lethal Weapon/Die Hard than Star Wars. A rebel pilot in a spaceship getting blown up is a lot more fantastical than someone getting bombed. Besides those scenes the Clone Wars scenes at the end are pretty intense and the Dooku duel which culminates in an amputation would be pretty damn intense for a child under the age of 9. The only stuff in Clones I don't have any problems with my kids watching are the speeder chase, the Yoda duel and any of the scenes with characters talking. Clones is a lot more mean spirited than one would think. At least from a young child's perspective. From my perspective it was tame but... I've seen a larger variety of movies than my children and I have 33 years life experience to draw from so... I won't be getting nightmares watching any of my movies. I can't say the same for them.

10. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'm going opening night. Usually my theatre has a show at about 10:30pm as the last playing, so I'll for sure be going to that one. Theres nothing wrong with bringing your kid to the movie, but alot of parents today don't teach their kids proper etiquette. You don't talk during the movie unless it's a quick whisper here and there. You try to pee beforehand so you aren't walking back and forth down the isles. You don't kick the seats, or throw popcorn or anything else.

and yeah, it seems every movie I go to a baby cries and instead of bringing it out of the theatre, the mom just sits and tells it to be quiet which is just as bad. But, I always get a warm feeling in my heart when I see a young kid too captivated by SW to talk.

11. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Some movie theatres have parent's rooms as well as baby sessions

a lot of parents today don't teach their kids proper etiquette.

That can be said in many more ways than just in the theatre :(

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I grabbed my FF and we'll go to the eight-thirty pm showing on Saturday. Here's hoping all the kids are in bed by then.:p
    But we're 15 and that should carry some weight if we decide to.[face_mischief]

Can't wait!![face_dancing]

13. blow_up_the_outside

blow_up_the_outside Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Just go to a 11pm showing if you dont want kids around.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The three kid friendly movies are Star Wars, Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace. The other three can be watched by kids, but it depends on the child how much they can take. The Empire Strikes Back is a very, very dark movie for young kids, but almost in a Brothers Grimm fairytale kind of way. I recently watched the three original movies and TPM with my six year old nephew and ESB was the only one that scared him (particularly as prequel_Dreamer notes, where Vaders head gets cut off in the Cave) His favourite of course, is The Phantom Menace because of Jar Jar. ;)

For Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, personally I don't intend showing them to him until he's about 8-10. The scene in AOTC where Shmi dies in Anakins arms is pretty intense for young children, and obviously ROTS is the most adult of all, dealing as it does, with child murder and the immolation of a key character.

Anyway, as far as the question goes, personally I'll have no prblem watching this with kids. Infact, I'm quite looking forward to seeing TCW with the target audiance for this film - Which is children! ;)

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, I went to an advanced screening last night where I would half hazzard a guess that a good 30% of the audience WAS kids - no screaming, no crying, a lot of laughs and cheers... now I know that kids + movie usually means I'll wish I waited for video, but in this instance, the families were just like any other movie audience, and the only 'baby cry' we heard was from... 'it' (On-screen).

16. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    So true, so true. Personally I cannot stand children in movie theaters or restuarants. It's not their faults, it's the fault of their incompentent parents.:mad: Leave them at home and get a babysitter or don't go. I'm not paying $9.50 to have some screaming baby cause me to miss a good majority of the movie. I remember when I saw Spider-Man 2, it was ruined because some mother with THREE kids, all under 7 years old decided it was a good idea to bring her brats to the theater. UGH. Sorry, rant over.

I wish they had separate places for us childfree/less people, and places for people with kids...no offense.

17. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well, my local fleapit isn't doing a thursday-night opener, so it seems it really IS opening on Friday. Because their guide runs Fri>Thurs, I have no idea what time the first showing will be (or if it's even ON, tbh). And it's the school holidays.

So there's a fair chance my first viewing of tCW will be with a bunch of chattering, crying, running-up-and-down-the-aisle kids. :mad:.

I don't blame the kids (the young ones). I don't even blame the parents. I blame myself. I'm not a people-person and I know it [face_laugh] I just don't have the patience for people who go to the flicks then can't shut up and watch the movie. However, I also don't have the patience to wait for the DVD. I love the cinema, and I love being in the presence of other movie-lovers. I'm not a movie snob, I'll watch the same mass-produced crap as the popcorn-munchers. I just hate people who waste their money and mine by treating the cinema like their living-room.

Don't get me wrong, I'll see the movie many times. And I'm sure quite a few of those will be blissful. I just don't want to have to hit someone's child during my first viewing [face_laugh]

18. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    A good time I found is usually 430/5 PM on a weekday. The last show before matinee pricing ends. It's about dinner time for the kids, who usually go to the earlier afternoon shows, and its a lot of people just getting out of work, so it's usually an older crowd.

But there is something to be said about kids in the audience for a movie like this. The juvenille jokes seem funnier for one thing... though I'm hoping for more Empire humor and less Jar Jar gets farted on.

19. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I am a bit worried about this. If I don't get to watch my Star Wars in peace...I may be a bit upset. :p

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Cry me a river :p. Clone Wars Animated is a childrens cartoon, and yes many children will be in the theatres. Try to channel their enjoyment a bit, their wonder. They don't care about continuity, or if Anakin has a scar:p, just about seeing a fun movie.

I bet those kids wont even complain about all the adults flipping open their Cel Phones during the flick, cause everybody loves bright, shining lights taking away from the experience. That happens everytime I go to a movie and I don't even recall a time when a kid bothered me.[face_whistling]

I have way more trouble with 15-25 year olds in theatres than I've ever had with any children. I bet Clone Wars will be the same.8-}

21. Emp

Emp Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    I have way more trouble with 15-25 year olds in theatres than I've ever had with any children and I WORK in a cinema!

22. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I class them as kids :p And yes, I agree wholeheartedly. I even had one **** actually START a phone conversation during The Matrix. That was a close one...

Anyway, that's why I can SORT OF forgive the younger kids being a pain... well, kinda. It's like comparing shoplifting with murder; I don't like either, but I know who the worse criminals are [face_laugh]

23. The_Phenomenon7

The_Phenomenon7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2008
    [face_whistling]I suppose a lot of people are going to be like this...
    I haven't had a problem with kids in the movie theater lately, because the only movies I've been to in the past year had only 12-14 people in a 50-60 person Theater. No kids were in "Wanted", only noise was my friend not shutting up and letting me watch the damn movie. [face_not_talking]
    I was going to see the Movie with a few friends of mine, probably not going to now. [face_whistling]

24. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Whatever happened to movie theatre curtosy? I dont even leave my phone on silent/vibrate for the movie- I turn it right the hell off. I mean, to turn off your phone for 2 hours, is it the end of the world? Back when I was a kid it was you sit in your seat, you watch the movie and no gameboy/cell phones. Now people go to the movie and listen to their ipods. Why would you waste $10 to do that? Jeeze, just sit outside then.

25. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    The preview screening I went to was easily 40% kids. They caused no problems whatsoever. I think they all dug it ;).

--MissPadme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.