main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Those Darn Kids!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Manisphere, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Just go to the later shows.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Kids don't really bother me when I'm going to see a that's as kid friendly as Star Wars.

3. EmeraldSpeedster

EmeraldSpeedster Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 8, 2008
    I think kids might make this one actually a little more enjoyable on some fronts, sort of in the same fashion as the intention of "Barrie" in Finding Neverland to filter children into the theaters of Peter Pan in order to loosen the audience to a more childlike story. I know it'll have the reverse effect on many, but for me it might end up being a positive. Unfortunately there is no avoiding that the children will probably be there. If we had as active of a fanbase as some, I'd have two stormtroopers posted outside the theater with a Darth Vader waiting right on the inside to scare the crap out of the little ones so that they wouldn't even dare step a foot in the theater. I miss the good times.

4. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    They all behaved. Result. :p

5. STUBRIS

STUBRIS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Could've heard a pin drop when "A long time ago..." came up. Everyone laughed at the right times..and stayed silent during the action & quieter scenes ...Thanks kids!

6. Raider88

Raider88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2008
    When "A long time, ago..." appeared, a kid started reading it out loud[face_laugh]

Also, during the Ventress duel, a kid asked "Why doesn't Obi-wan-" but got cut off by his mother.

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    I took my kids on Friday at a 5:10p showing. My kids are 3 1/2 & 4 (almost 5). Along with all of the other kids in the theater they were polite and kept quiet during the times they were expected to be quiet. The only stand out was for some reason, my 3yr old boy just finds it hilarious when he hears Jabba the Hut talk. A solo belly laugh from him wasn't too disruptive during the moments (heck you all had subtitles anyway for Jabba talk).

So sorry for all of you who live where the kids reign over the adults.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I caught a 1pm showing at the local cinema on Saturday. The audience was about half adults and half young kids. However, it seemed that the most of the kids had at least one parent with them. They were a bit noisy during the ads and trailers but they were pretty well behaved during the actual film. So it wasn't too bad.
    Hopefully it will be the same when I see it again later in the week (on a weekday this time).

9. Kae-Din

Kae-Din Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    I very much agree. While it is easy to forget the times when we were kids I remember having nightmares from movies i now see as tame (Never Ending Story, for one). Star Wars never gave me nightmares but I definitely agree the prequels take themselves a bit more seriously, and the bit with anakin's mom is definitely dark and scary (scarier that he slaughters them).

And pretty much all of Episode III is non-kid friendly. People can rip on the dialog all they want, but the fact is two adults talking about their unborn child dying and anakin seeing padme dying is not "light fare" for kids. Neither is any of the scenes with the Emperor. "Cartoony" though he may look in some of the fights, he is a terrifying visage, and the PG13 rating is appropriate for this movie. Any more violence and "Clones" would have gotten a PG13 as well...

Point being that for kids under 9 or 10...people without kids don't really understand what it means to try and filter out the stuff that will be disturbing. Even with Disney fare "Sleeping Beauty", for example), I have to filter it for my 3 year old because the witch just terrifies him. But Cruella in 101 Dalmations doesnt scare him at all.

Matthew has seen bits of "Star Wars" here and there. I can't wait to watch the series with him, but I will make damn sure he is ready to see content such as Ep II&III before I show it to him. And that will be a few years for sure. :)

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    My 3 & 4 yr olds have handled the Star Wars violence quite well. No Nightmare and these kids do have a sense of empathy for others. The only one off the list is Episode III since I don't want them to see a burnt up Aniken (now that is a nightmare ingredient) or a bobble headed Dooku. The rest is ok, even the dark moments.

My biggest problem now, is that my boy keeps extending his fingertips at me and shooting me with lightning. I of course always scream in agony when he does this, unless I have a light saber handy (and who doesn't) to protect myself. :D

Now they area all fighting over their new Star Wars happy meal toys. The 1.9 yr old luckily got a Ewok which she calls the Teddy Bear. The boy got a Ewok too, but a quick trip to the counter ended up with a exchange for an Aniken. Good Move, who needs two Ewok toys?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.