main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Those darn Star Wars Fact Files (again)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by jp-30, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    So,

A buddy of mine who has bought all issues to date tells me that they're no longer being stocked at retail (according to the owner of the shop he usually buys them from).

It's at about issue 83 or something, and he reckons there are supposed (?) to be 140 issues.

Are those of you who subscribe still getting them? If so what issue are you up to? And has anyone else who buys them over the counter had any problems? What's the latest issue on the shelves in your area?

2. Darth_Graal

Darth_Graal Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    despite ringing to cancel them 3 times they still keep sending them to me, I have now asked my credit card company not to accept ANY further charges from them

3. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I quit around the issue 50 mark.

I'll check at Books and More to see if they're still getting them in, next time I'm there. The other options are MegaMags or Borders ... they tend to get in magazines that the regular magazine retailers don't.

4. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I think I saw them not long ago, but I don't remember which issue it was. I think it mght have been the downtown Whitcoulls... not sure. Was a little surprised too. I haven't seen them anywhere else for some time now.

5. cyber_tim64

cyber_tim64 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2003
    Yea i quit after 37. However i did make a large index of all the files i had. you can get it off my website. I am however hoping that i will be lucky enough to find the whole collection for $20 on TradeMe

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    You still have mine JP? Have you ordered them all out yet?

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes and No.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I update the FactFiles thread
    here on the Literature Board every week with the contents of the current issue (and post synopses of requested articles for those who can't get the issues). Here in the UK we are up to issue 114 (last week's) with 140 expected. I have not yet picked up this week's issue but as far as I know they are still going strong here. If they should stop or we find out they have been extended again I will certainly post it in the thread. I actually have my newsagent order mine every week rather than try to find it retail - you might think about trying that.

9. SW-SG-1FanNZ

SW-SG-1FanNZ Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2004
    I quit at issue 80.

10. RED_RAPTOR_ONE

RED_RAPTOR_ONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    I am still purchasing them. I never bothered ordering them through my credit card. Instead, I just got my work to creat a special order for them. I work at a book store and we have a number of people, about 15 or so, that do the same. I just picked up number 92 the other day and have heard similar rumors that the set is going to finish at 140. But that was a while ago and not from the distributor, so who knows? Anyone else with any information that has been given out to the general public? Anyway, the reason why you no longer find them out on the shelves in bookstores no is because they're oriented to such a small market. If you ask at your local book store, I'm sure they'd be glad to set up a regular order for them.

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    IN australia, especially NSW, they are just as slack. I subscribed ages ago and they have been on and off with posting them. I am only up to issue 43 :(

I think you will find that on the official site, they have declared it to 140 issues.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Over in the Literature FactFile thread it was confirmed at 140 (I believe either 140 or 141 will be an index issue). The entries we are getting in issues 121-140 are entries that have already been in the German FactFiles, since theirs had an entry or two each time that weren't in the UK issues. Currently the UK is on issue #127, due out this coming week.

13. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    there are quite a few back issues at B & M in The Palms, the obviously still get them in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.