main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Those Rebel Fools- H/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sidious618, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    This vignette has two segments. Thanks for reading!

Those Rebel Fools

Segment One

The plan sounds so simple when you hear it. But doing it? That?s a whole different podrace.
    I met Luke Skywalker right before the Battle of Yavin and I?ve spoken to him several times afterwards. We seemed to get along just fine but I never thought he?d ask me to accompany him on a mission. I was rather excited that a simple trooper like myself was getting asked to help the awesome Luke Skywalker. Well maybe that?s a little over the top.
    Luke?s friend Leia of Alderran had gotten information on a transfer of important information that would be taking place on Morishim. There was a very small Imperial base there and she wanted to ambush it and retrieve whatever the information was.
    Morishim was a rainy planet but it had beautiful summer days. Or so I hear. The Imperial base is near the equator of the planet and my group, which consists of five different men, where going to ambush it. That?s right ambush an Imperial base. Some people would rather bet their life savings on Sabacc than do this. But this is Sabacc to me. This is my game and I?m happy with the cards I have.
    Accompanying my group will be Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Han Solo and his furry friend Chewbacca. Leia decided to go as she had gotten the information. Privately I think she just wanted to see some action. I told Luke I thought it was a bad idea but he said, "The Force will protect her. And so will I. Although it usually ends up the other way around." Well I hope I don?t have to rely on her to save my butt.
    As soon as Leia signed on Han did also. He said Luke convinced him to go but I could tell that Luke had to do very little convincing. Leia didn?t react to this news at all but I could tell she was happy by it. She had a crush on him, that much was obvious. I was worried that this mission might turn into a soap opera. It didn?t. It couldn?t of gone worse.
    We arrived several miles away from the Imperial base and trudged through forest and soggy ground. It was just like a nice afternoon walk.
    My thoughts raced as we went through the forest. I had recently gotten notice that my brother was dead. The idiot had joined the Empire. My brother and I had fought over which side to join. I said the Empire was corrupt and evil. He said it was perfect and kept the galaxy in order.
    I could tell the Empire was corrupt as I had read as much data as I could find on the Old Republic. How I wish I had been born in those glorious days. Before the Clone Wars, before the Empire and before Palpatine.
    Once my brother joined the empire he quickly climbed the ranks and became a commander after just five years. I was amazed. Amazed and angered. Then I got the message. It was from my father who had to go through contact after contact until he could get the message through. My brother had died far out. Past even Belkadan. The reports my dad got were sketchy. Some kind of unknown alien race had attacked the ship and destroyed it. I cried myself to sleep that night.
    I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard the very distinct whine of a Tie Fighter. We all looked up but luckily it didn?t spot us. We must be close to the base now, I thought.
    At that moment Luke perked up. "Storm?" He never finished his sentence. A laser blast hit him in the arm and then another in the chest. His eyes widened and he feel to the ground in pain.
    A Stormtrooper
    A second Stormtrooper took a shot at Leia?s head but Han shoved her out of the way and took the blast to his thigh. He groaned and hit the ground.
    I aimed my blaster rifle at one of the Stormtroopers and let off three shots. The first two missed but the third hit the trooper in

2. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    Wow, what a great start!!!! I've never read a story about the big 3 told from a soliders pov. Props for creativity :D That was some cliffy! I can't wait to see what our unnamed leader decides.

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Thanks! I decided not to name him as it makes him seem more average.

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree, interesting POV. I'll be waiting to see what his decision is going to be about the mission. ;)

Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.