main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Those Rituals Pertaining To Courtship (Wes, Jaina, and Yellow Aces love)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by djcati, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Title: Those Rituals Pertaining To Courtship
    Author(s): djcati
    Timeframe: NJO Rebel Stand
    Characters: Wes Janson, Jaina Solo, Lea Ryze (OC), Jay Andron (OC), Wedge Antilles, Yakown Reth
    Genre: humour
    Summary: Wes sends an apology letter to Jaina, regarding the incident upon his arrival in the Pyria system...
    Notes: Erm. I imagine that while this does not quite fulfil the criteria of the "Courtship Rituals" challenge, it skirts the edges and mocks it from the sidelines. And so, dear JainaJanson ([face_mischief]), consider this an entry?
    Words: 2367

Once again -- Lea and Jay are muchly the fault of Enelya_Sol (yes, I am always going to blame you, no matter what you say). In fact, a lot of this is probably her fault, because Wes&Jaina and Wes&Lea banter is so damn amusing. <3

'Tis also partly Dana's fault, since her K/J Valentine's challenge fic amused me to no end, and there is also a line in this that I paraphrased from MiaTeska. :p

Also: SUPERNOVA OWNS MY SOUL KTHX.

----------

For the attention of The Goddess

Dear Your Worshipfulness, Miss Solo,

I understand that I made a terrible and unforgivable mistake yesterday, by daring to flirt with someone of your current standing. As a mere mortal -- a hot, brilliant pilot of a mortal, but still a mortal -- I know that I can never hope to win the affections of someone like yourself. I can, however, hope that you will be merciful and not slice me in two with your lightsaber.

But until I receive a reply via this courier, I shall remain hidden in a tiny corner of the base that you'll never find.

Yours hotly,

Captain Wes Janson.

--

To the monkey-lizard

Captain Janson,

You are so sarcastic and arrogant that it's almost endearing. Though your personal courier doesn't agree with that sentiment or my decision, I shall accept your apology.

I won't even make you promise not to do it again, as it would be a pointless exercise on your part since I am -- sorry to disappoint you -- already taken.

And Lea told me where you're hiding anyway, so you might as well come out.

Not yours, thankfully,

Jaina Solo, Trickster Goddess.

--

For Miss 'I Am Better Than You'

Goddess,

I'll have you know that I am neither "arrogant" nor "sarcastic" -- I am darling. Ten thousand Adumari can't be wrong.

OK...maybe I'm a little sarcastic.

Yes...the general told me you were attached. But he didn't say who to. So -- who to? Anyone I know? And what would it take for you to reconsider? I can assure you, you wouldn't regret it.

And Ryze told you where I was hiding? I'm glad to see I can trust my pilots implicitly.

Yours, at all times,

The Darling One.

--

To the most arrogant pilot on Borleias

Janson,

There is a fine line between "darling" and "arrogant". I am fairly certain it is on the opposite side of the galaxy from you.

Lea says I shouldn't tell you who I'm "attached" to. She thinks you need to go hit on someone your own age; I'm inclined to agree. Or, she says, you should contact whoever it is you keep brooding over. (I find that hard to imagine -- you, taking the time to think about anyone or anything -- but that's what she says.) She doesn't know who but, apparently, you need to stop.

I'm equally glad that trust among your pilots is as high as their level of discipline.

I'll tell you who anyway, just for the shock value -- I'm "attached" to Colonel Jagged Fel, General Antilles' nephew. Satisfied?

Not yours, ever,

Yun Harla'a Infidel Avatar.

--

For the arrogant Trickster Goddess

Solo,

Please tell me you are joking. Fel? Fel?! You would rather date the son of a traitorous baron than the comic genius that is myself? You have, my dear Goddess, finally proven your insanity.

It's not too late, you know. I'm still here, always available -- feel free to look me u

2. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Way. Too. Funny.

You + boy with holocam = not a good combination.
    PLEASE tell me you're going to write something with Wes and a boy with a holocame!

3. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Hilarious!

I giggled thru the whole thing

4. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Cati, you make me laugh. I love this!! :D

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    LOL that was HILARIOUS! NEED MORE!

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    cati: :D :D I didn't find this as laugh-out-loud funny as some of your other stuff, but it brought a smile to my face when I needed one like sunshine through the clouds of hangover...

Thank you! :cool:

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Enelya_Sol

Enelya_Sol Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2004
    Dude, I never realized you posted this here. It's a great little fic -- I love the series of letters. Especially how Jay's seem so serious compared to the rest of them.

Very fun to read. :)

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Wow. That's hysterical! Everyone was very in character, and I don't know how you manage to write Wes so perfectly, but you did!

BTW, do you have a story going about the Yellow Aces that I've somehow managed to miss? If you don't, you should, 'cuz I'm lovin' Wes, Lea, and Jay.

Great stuff!

9. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Smuggler_Shidakis -- MUAHAHA. .... well there is a Borleias crackfic sitting on my laptop hard drive (has been since last year) that possibly involves Wes and Tarc teaming up... ........

pregnantpadme -- yay giggling! I like that reaction.

Mirax-Jade -- It's what I aim for. :p

JAGSGURL15 -- No more on this particular one, 'mfraid, but... keep an eye out for more crack. 's what I do. :D

McEwok -- I'm glad I could be of service. I'm not sure I've ever been compared to sunshine before...

Jen -- Hehe. I suppose Jay's just that kinda guy...

Jedi_Jaina_Durron -- hehe, thanks! I only manage to write Wes in character because he sits in my head and doesn't shut up...

BTW, do you have a story going about the Yellow Aces that I've somehow managed to miss? If you don't, you should, 'cuz I'm lovin' Wes, Lea, and Jay.

I'm very glad you brought that up... very glad indeed... *smiles cryptically and glances at Jen*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.