main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Those wacky Hothlanta Rebels and their paper X-Wings...

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by Chris Knight, Sep 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    ...make it on TFN Humor again ;)

2. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    yes please do make those again

3. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    I attempted to make a paper X-Wing following the directions in TFN Humor... for some reason, step 11 does not seem to work. StrandedInSpace, can you help? ?[face_plain]

4. Nillanator

Nillanator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    I can't seem to get the instructions to print ok. It cuts off part of the page, but maybe I am doing something wrong..lol

5. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Step 11... I'll do my best to help. :)

For starters the absent minded genius I am forgot to put in the little dotted line that you fold on, oops. If you're looking at the instructions, the missing fold line should running from where the ends of the crease lines. It should be a horizontal line, that's parrell from the base of the triagle.

If you're looking at the one your working on, fold the whole thing in half, so that the bottom most tip A, is touching the top most tip B, about a third of the triangle is folded up. Make a pretty good crease and unfold back to the way it was. The crease you made should have left a line that connects the to ends of the creases made in step ten. Fold point A to point B, but this time not the whole things, just the, hmmm, uhh, kite, (good old geometry ;) ).

The bottom middle edge of the triangle base is going to want to go up, when that happens start pressing the edges towards the middle.

And that is step eleven and twelve. If you still have problems, PM me or email me at strandedinspace@fanforce.net

6. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    When it prints the right half is missing.

I have a solutions.

if you microsoft word, or somthing similar, use that. Copy and paste the picture. Use the print preview feature. click on the image, and a little black square will appear in the corner of the image. Click on the square, and pull it towards the center, that will paportinaly reduce the size of the image. Once you can see the whole image, both sides and all, you can print it. it be a bit smaller, but it will all be there.

7. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    arghh.. Now Step 14 has me baffled; I can't fold the center diamond in half without dragging the base of the triangle with it.
    So I continued on anyway, made the "four wings," and of course could not fold them out. So I tugged on the outside corners, pulling everything apart -- and made an A-Wing. :D

Here's a picture...

Squad at point oh-six!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.