main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Those Who No Longer Exist: A Mandalorian RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Apr 25, 2017.

1. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    In the thick of the chaos after the explosion Jax managed to slip away without pursuit. He felt rather fortunate for the outcome of the day, even if the bounty was a botched job. He paused for only a second when he heard more blaster fire back at the scene. To him they sounded distinctly like the shot of a Westar-35. Jax didn't hear any other shots and so assumed the other Mandalorian was taking care of business. He had no time to waist, however. He rushed off to his stashed getaway ship as fast as he could run.

South of the city there was a cliff that even a high dollar speeder pilot would question flying off of. Jax jumped off the cliff and let himself free fall for a while before activating the remote controls on his ship which took off from the ground below. The ship came up and matched his free fall speed, opened the boarding ramp, and Jax glided safely into the ship. He headed straight to the cockpit and headed for open space. Hopefully the authorities had not already blockaded the planet and he could make it off world.

Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and The Vanguard like this.
  2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Susulur Dha'tra
    Calna Muun Senate Exterior/Interior, Agamar

Entering the Senate complex was a bit of an interesting proposition. The basic step around the blown out doorway was as much a psychological step as it was a physical one. Not only was he walking into a confined building where his options would be lessoned, but he was walking into a group of security personnel who were shooting at a mando, he was walking in after threatening said mando, and now had to be ready to weather the possible storm of blaster bolts that could be headed his way. Only, when he did round the corner, nobody shot at him. There was suppressive fire from the Mando, but it seemed to be coming into the room randomly and in a spray and pray fashion.

Speaking of which, he silently tapped the upper portion of his bucce in thanks that nobody had shot him. Yet.

The security staff looked to one another, wondering if the intruder would really surrender. His people didn't really have a reputation as quitters. "I think you're going to have to go in there after him," one of them said to the Mandalorian on their side before amending his statement with a late "...sir."

"Right." he muttered to himself. Guess I will avenge you after all, shabla shifter. Walking forward eh stopped at the spot out of range of the door and tried to figure based off the return fire where the Mando was in the room. Watching his targeting reticle on his HUD he pointed at the most likely spot and shot two rounds from the verp before stepping forward, tapping the controls to make sure the door would stay open as he began running at full tilt through it into the room. The Pfft, Pfft, of his verp marking the path before it was followed by the whump whump of objects being hit by the magnetically accelerated projectiles.

Hopefully this would work and he would get a clean shot on the other Mando. Knock him down and take him down.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, MandoA101

3. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2016
    IC: Drake

Drake really didn't think the situation could possibly get worse. He was pinned in the corner of the office, fire hitting everything indiscriminately. Fire alarms were going off, and there was a soft splattering sound as sprinklers activated and doused everything in water.
    But, from what Drake could see, that wasn't true for the whole room. One sprinkler had been hit, directing the water in a jet like fashion right at a chart that covered the wall. Under it, singed files smoldered, bolts still flying. Drake had hit some sort of adrenaline epiphany, and settled into an automatic, instinctual daze.
    Bullets flew everywhere, some close some far. It was strange, Drake found himself thinking. The bolts sounded muffled, the screaming had toned down, and Drake had his back to the cabinet, only somewhat in tune with his surroundings. His senses felt constrained, and things Drake knew were there sat right out of his consciousness, just out of reach. He even found he was only dimly aware he was being hit.
    More importantly, Drake had done something worse unintentionally- he settled into a rhythm. He turned and fired at precise moments, keeping a lethal beat. That was his downfall. From seemingly out of nowhere, two Verpine projectiles- he could tell by the sound- ripped through the desk dividers. On grazed his left shoulder, and the other, and inch below, hit him. This one, he felt. He was jarred forward, and there was a loud ping. At least it hadn't gone through.
    He now knew of angles on him. He thought the police had linked up with the other Mando, but he was wrong. The Mando was a team of his own. The stakes had changed. Drake took three thermal detonators off his belt. He armed two, throwing each in the direction of the fire. The third, he kept. If they attempted to capture him, he would take as many as he could out with him. However, Drake thought with shame, the Mando with his armor would survive. If he lived, he would get his revenge another day.

Tag: Mitth_Fisto , Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik and The Vanguard like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    Senate Support Office
    Calna Muun, Agamar

As the Mandalorians prepared for their final battle, each in their own way, the Agamarian police and Senate Guards had their own ideas of how to end the standoff. High Explosives. A pair of those Senate guards began lobbing thermal detonators into the room at the Mandalorian assassin, but they didn't know precisely where he was. Detonators bounced around in the cubicled hellhole, exploding seemingly at random taking inconsequential things desks, chairs and other office furniture with them. One detonation though exploded much closer to something not quite so inconsequential, the shuttered window on the exterior side of the building. The blast ripped through the light blaster proof shutters and shattered the window, allowing a stream of bright sunlight and fresh air into the smokey room. Both Mandalorians would be able to see that the assassin had an easy avenue of escape now, if he was bold enough to take it before the Militia and their own Mandalorian attack dog closed in on him.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101

[hr] [/hr]

IC: Orgo Rosos (NPC)
    Petranaki arena, Geonosis

For Asha Ordo, her comm signal went through quickly, though the return signal was more full of static than usual, . "Asha, my ad," the words of her father came through well enough to be understood and recognized. "We've been trying to reach you." He seemed genuinely pleased to hear from her, though anxious. "Cancel the order and ..turn home, the ............ .re over." Static drowned out some of her father's words. "ad, are you receiving me?" Before she could respond though the sound of live blaster fire and a small explosion rocked the arena. The demonstration had begun...

[hr] [/hr]

From the balcony, Rosos and Ruus watched as the Contractor, Zolrin Fourd, took his place in the center of the arena. It was quiet, too quiet really, inside the arena itself. A quartet of stone pillars off to one side denoted where prisoners could be chained to await their public execution. Sometimes by firing squad, but usually dismemberment by various beasts. This too was to be an execution, but one for profit thought Rosos to himself, though here the condemned didn't know it yet. The Neimoidian's lips curled at the thought of the numerous orders for their droids they would receive after witnessing this Mandalorian's death. Without a word he signaled to the controllers to begin.

Rolling his shoulders to stay loose, Fourd waited for the droids to emerge from one of the various corridors leading to central pit of the arena. He didn't have to wait long. Within moments of the demonstration beginning he could hear the clanking of their metal feet on the hard sandy ground while from a pair of corridors behind him he could hear the rolling sound of droidekas approaching. Soon enough they emerged, three platoons of B1 battle droids, one each from three corridors out in front, and manda knew how many droidekas behind could be hard as their shields powered up. The B1's blaster rifles were primed and ready and as one they fired, the bolts blazing through the distance between them and scorching the walls and pillars behind Fourd. The sound and heat from them were unmistakable, those were live rounds, the droids were actually trying to kill him!

Back up in the balcony Rosos looked rather pleased with himself as he explained to his potential customers. "A last minute change, this will be a live fire demonstration. To show you how adept our droids are at killing your enemies."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, Darth_Elu, The Vanguard

OOC: Elu, if you're out there, deal with the droids as you see fit.

[hr] [/hr]

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Calna Muun Spaceport, Agamar

In an instant Taab had gone from the hunter to the hunted, at least where the Agamarian Militia was concerned. Fortune smiled on the young Mandalorian mercenary though, the Militia and local police were scattered to hell and gone trying to contain the situation in the spaceport and the surrounding area, chaos reigned and no one seemed to know who was in charge. The confusion allowed Taab to slip through several security checkpoints before they had even been established and gain entry to the far end of the spaceport, away from the cluster of troopers that now surrounded the Senator's landing pad. Taab had arrived on an Agammarian militia transport, he didn't have his own ship, but if he could steal one, or barter passage then he could make his escape. Sadly the latter seemed to be a non-starter. The port was closed by order of the Agamarian authorities.

OK, then, Taab thought to himself. Back to Plan Aurek, stealing a ship. That would be easier said than done. He had gotten into the spaceport before the security checks started due to his knowledge of the area and close proximity to it, now with everyone on high alert and things starting to settle down, running around in full battle rattle was going to prove more difficult, especially with the authorities on the lookout for Mandalorian assassins. "Shab," he spit out the epithet to himself, this wasn't going to be as easy as he thought.

Sticking to the shadows as best he could Taab went from landing bay to landing bay, looking for a ship that would suit his needs. They were mostly freighters, slow, cumbersome and under armed. They would make do in getting away from a world in most circumstances, but this wasn't most circumstances. Listening in on Agamarian Militia frequencies (which he still had access to from the time spent in their service he had ended just minutes ago), he knew that a no fly zone had been established over Agamar. No ships were being allowed to land on or leave the planet. that meant he was either going to need something fast to get past the blockade, or something heavily armed to blast through them. Nothing he had found yet though fit the bill, but his luck would change in the 3rd bay he searched.

His first clue that his needs might be met came in the flight crew he saw on the pad, arguing with a constable over their inability to leave. A pair of Devaronians, they looked dirty and irate. Taab had dealt enough with the underworld to know that they were probably smugglers, and that meant they had a fast ship. Well probably. His proved correct as he allowed himself a glimpse onto the pad beyond them, and saw a carbon streaked YT-1300. It was Corellian ship, a hot rod made for speedy trips and rapid cargo delivery. It wasn't heavily armed from what Taab could see, just an auto-cannon mounted on each the dorsal and ventral sides of the craft, but she would do. Now he just had to take her.

Taking a small dart launcher from his belt Taab aligned a shot at the constable, who was still rebuffing the animated arguments of the Devaronians. Pressing the trigger he grimaced as the louder than wanted shot rang out over the relative calm of the star port. With everything grounded, it was far quieter than it normally would have been. Hopefully by the time anyone thought anything of the noise he would be far away from here. The dart itself ran true, lodging itself in the constable's neck and delivering it's toxic payload. the guard dropped to the deck with nary a sound, having just had enough time to grab for the dart before falling into unconsciousness. The Devaronians for their part were shocked at the sound, and even more surprised to see the obstruction keeping them from leaving fall to the ground in a heap. Those two shocks paled in comparison to seeing a fully armored up Mandalorian emerge from the shadows, a blaster carbine leveled at them.

"You're taking me off world, now." The pair looked at one another, their listed cargo was machine parts and a few cases of Jogan fruit bound for Lothal. In reality of course the fruit was a cover for an illicit spice shipment under the auspices of Jabba the Hutt. They didn't want to get caught, but the longer they waited here the greater their chances were of being inspected rather than just temporarily detained by the no fly order, so leaving now, even with this Mandalorian aboard didn't seem like such a bad idea. Besides, they both thought, glancing at the Mandalorian's carbine, it didn't look like they had much choice, and so without a second thought the two proclaimed loudly in unison, "Deal!"

[hr] [/hr]

meanwhile, above Agamar

The Black Widow clawed for the star swiftly under the full power of her engines. At the helm, the ship's master Jax Nova settled in behind the controls looking for an avenue of escape from the planet. As he had feared a blockade had indeed been declared over the planet, and two pairs of new Z-95 headhunters angled their way towards his vessel.

"Unknown vessel this is Packer lead," Jax's comm system came alive with the message from the fighter patrol. "You are ordered to reverse course and land at the Calna Muun Spaceport where your vessel will be impounded pending inspection." A pair of blaster bolts across the Widow's nose reinforced Packer Lead's serious tone. Before Jax could make a decision on his next course of action the long range comm gear aboard the Black Widow came to life with a familiar voice.

"This is Pre Vizsla, head of House Vizlsa with a vital message to all members of the clan and House..." the words were lost in a burst of static as another bolt from the Headhunters went whizzing by the Widow's nose "You will reverse course, now." the order was given again from Packer Lead, this time in a more forceful tone.

TAG: Jax Nova

OOC: To everyone, my kids are back in school next week so expect more regular (as in weekly) updates from me then. Any questions about the update, just shoot me a PM and I'll get you answers. :p

The Vanguard likes this.
  5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Asha Ordo
    Petranaki Arena, Geonosis

I stared at my comlink as it went silent, and nearly jumped as I heard the explosions. By the time I made it back to the arena, Orgo Rosos was watching the demonstration eagerly. I stood back a little, wondering if the droids would actually be defeated. But her father was right, they couldn't go through with this deal and return home.

But if I leave now, everyone will get suspicious. It would be better to wait and watch the demonstration.

I sighed and leaned forward, watching intently. And wondered if this was really just a demonstration. If it's not, then there's going to be more then trouble for all of us.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Darth_Elu

The Vanguard and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

As the Mandalorians prepared for their final battle, each in their own way, the Agamarian police and Senate Guards had their own ideas of how to end the standoff. High Explosives. Susulur could hardly believe his eyes when he saw the helmets tracking indicators showing the lobbed in objects. His own straffing run forgotten as he took in the flash bangs and the temporary blindness they caused.

A pair of those Senate guards began lobbing thermal detonators into the room at the Mandalorian assassin, but they didn't know precisely where he was. Detonators bounced around in the cubicled hellhole, exploding seemingly at random taking inconsequential things desks, chairs and other office furniture with them. One detonation though exploded much closer to something not quite so inconsequential, the shuttered window on the exterior side of the building. The blast ripped through the light blaster proof shutters and shattered the window, allowing a stream of bright sunlight and fresh air into the smokey room.

As this was behind Dha'tra he didn't have to even think about his reaction. It was easy to see that the assassin had an easy avenue of escape now, but then again, so did he. It appeared the Senate Guards did not have any honor among comrades if they were lobbing thermal dets into a confined space with an ally present with no concern for such basic things as aim and controlling for friendly fire. As such his charge veered off toward the window. He was hired to protect the Senator from outside attacks, not himself from double crossing planetary conscripting militias.

Still if he saw an opening as he ran for the window he wouldn't take it unless he felt the other Mando was going to try to shoot him. Survival from a common danger trumped a non-existent pay check, after all so long as the other would give up the hunt then he had no quarrel with him.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @MandoA101

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Jax was about to make a run for it when the message from Pre Vizsla interupted his thoughts. "Blast... I have got to see if I can pick up that message!" He thought.

Jax flipped on the com and slowed his engines to the lowest possible speed. "This is captain of the Black Widow," Jax replied to Packer Lead. "My appologies, my ship had landed in a private landing pd and I didn't realize there was a blockade. Is there any way past this? I've just recieved news of a rather serious issue in my factory on another planet. If I can't get out of here soon I could loose millions of credits."

Of course, Jax had no factory. He worked feverishly to try and recover Pre Vizsla's message while he stalled.

Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  8. MandoA101

Oct 2, 2016
    OOC: If anyone plays Rainbow 6, this whole scene reminds me of Smoke's operator video.

Through all the fire, Drake was dimly aware of a series of muffled clangs and thumps. In the state Drake was in, it took a moment to realize, they were grenades. Drake's back was pressed to the fililng cabinet, and in the smoky room, he saw a small object land at his feet. Reacting quickly, he kicked it away and spun, his back to the device. His hands clapped around his head, and there was another clang.

He remembered the active device he held in his right hand, and knew if that other device blew, it would trigger the one held. He didn't have time to deactivate it, and desperately threw it over the cubicle wall. Then, the explosions started. Drake pushed himself under the a desk, making himself as small as he could.

Almost a split second after, there was a loud cacophony of explosions. The room shook, and a large board of some sort landed on his back. Drake sat there, as vibrations went through the floors. Then, it seemed to go quiet, like a lull in the assault. Drake opened his eyes. He couldn't see anything. Almost unconsciously, he flipped on his night visor. Then the world lit up in an indescribable green and black-gray pattern.

Drake turned and pushed the object- something he could now identify as a thin wooden desk- off his back. Slowly he stood up. There was no more shooting, and the vision was hazy through all the smoke. He drew his pistols again, and aimed them, sweeping the room, slowly working his way towards the exit. He couldn't see or hear the other mandalorian. Was he dead? Drake shook himself out of it. It didn't matter. He had to get that senator, and get out of this death trap of a building.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik Mitth_Fisto

9. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Kyr'am Galaar
    Second Thought
    Ky'ram snapped awake as the comm burst to life with a Priority Message from Concordia. Curiously, Kyr'am replied to the comms demand
    "This is Kyr'am Galaar, What's going on?"
    He gazed out of the cockpit to survey the landing pad, He should be getting the OK from Shuk'la soon, though he may well have sent a message to Kyr'am while he had fallen asleep.
    Tag- Bardan_Jusik
    OOC- Thought I'd get round to this when I was in a mando mood, Finally did (After Forever, Sorry Guys)

The Vanguard likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    Senate Support Office
    Calna Muun, Agamar

As the battle raged on between the Militia, Senate security troops and the two Mandalorians others in Senate Security were moving the Senator from room to room, trying to get her safely away from what was quickly becoming a battlefield. The Senate Support Office was supposed to be a safe zone, but it had become quickly apparent to those in charge of security that nothing was a safe zone when Mandalorians were involved. So while the battle raged on several floors below, the Senator was being hurriedly rushed to the building's roof, where a shuttle put down briefly and the Senator was unceremoniously dumped before it reached for the heavens.

Meanwhile, several stories below the fire on the Mandalorian assassin slacked off for a moment as the militia troopers tried to ascertain what was going on. As Dha'tra had ascertained, they didn't much care if the "hired help" was killed along with the assassin, but now that the Senator was reported to have been taken off site, they could afford to move more cautiously. Or so they thought.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101

OOC: Wrap up how y'all both end this fight and get out of the building. The Senator will have escaped by then. Figure you both will have messages waiting from your House heads similar to the one that appears later in this update. With this little introduction over I'm going to be moving us on to the next phase of the game. Any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll answer as soon as I can.

[hr] [/hr]

Running the blockade, Agamar

As the Devaronian's ship, aptly named the Screamin' Demon, lifted off from the pad the voice of the Agamarian Port controller came in loud and clear over their comm system. "Freighter on pad 87. You are not authorized for departure. Set down and shut down your engines. I rep..." The co-pilot of the vessel reached forward and shut off the communications gear as Taab settled down into the seat behind him. The Mandalorian trusted these two about as far as he could throw them (which really wasn't an inconsiderable distance all things considered he thought to himself) but they were involved now up to their own necks in the escape from this planet. He could at least trust them to get him off world and then he could barter his way back to the stronghold from there...wherever there might be.

"I don't think we need to hear any more of that," the co-pilot said with a grin as he looked back at Taab. The Mandalorian had slung his blaster carbine and no longer held a weapon to the two smugglers, but that didn't mean he wasn't still dangerous. Taab simply nodded in reply as he watched the craft climbing for space through the forward windscreen. Listening in on Militia comms he knew there was a blockade of the planet now in effect, but he didn't know the frequencies the fighters or Naval craft enforcing that no fly zone would be on. A sudden flashing from the sensor screen caught the co-pilot's attention.

"Looks like fighters out there..." he trailed off as he adjusted the gain on the sensor suite. "Four Headhunters." Taab nodded. Those Z-95's were new to Agamarian service, the militia had paid a pretty penny to buy them and though they were capable, they would be loath to lose them. "I'll take the ventral turret, maybe I can hold them off until we make the jump to lightspeed." The co-pilot looked back at Taab, the shock apparent on his face. Looked like he hadn't reasoned out yet that they were in this together.

"Hold on," said the pilot watching the four fighters as they sped away towards another vessel. "They're busy with that one, we've got clear sailing if I can..." a beeping from the navigational computer announced that it had computed the numbers for their hyperspace jump. "Here we go!" he said with a smile as the co-pilot input the numbers and the pilot pushed forward on the lever sending the craft into hyperspace. "We're on our way to Tatooine, I'm sure once we drop you off there a man with your...abilities should have no problem finding employment, or getting a ride somewhere else." Taab grunted in reply, glad that they seemed eager to get him off of their ship.

[hr] [/hr]

Packer lead (NPC)
    Enforcing the blockade over Agamar.

"This is captain of the Black Widow," A reply came in from the mysterious black vessel and packer lead eased off the throttle for a moment. "My apologies, my ship had landed in a private landing pad and I didn't realize there was a blockade. Is there any way past this? I've just received news of a rather serious issue in my factory on another planet. If I can't get out of here soon I could loose millions of credits." The flight leader snorted at that, it was clearly a lie, an attempt by this pilot to buy some time, probably before his own jump to hyperspace. "Packer flight," he began to order over the comm when his signal was over ridden by an incoming message from Packer 3. "Packer Lead, I've got another ship on my scope breaking containment, a light freighter!"

Packer Lead roared in reply, the four of them were out of position to intercept the new craft, a YT-1300 his scanner told him. The Black Widow must have launched as a decoy to allow this other freighter to leave the planet unmolested. "Target the Widow and open fire, that vessel doesn't leave the system!"

"As ordered," echoed through his helmet three times as the fighters of packer flight opened fire on the strange black transport and moved in for the kill. But what Packer Lead and his fellow pilots didn't know was that Jax's time stalling had paid dividends and the Mandalorian had recovered the message from Pre Vizsla. It was a recall order, the Clan Wars had ended, and warriors loyal to House Vizsla were to make their return to Concordia as quickly as possible.

TAG: Jax Nova

OOC: Deal with the fighters as you see fit, evade them, destroy them, it's your call. The message that Jax receives is the same as the one in the following portion of this update.

[hr] [/hr]

Geonosis

Forwarded on by the computer on the Second Thought to Shuk'la Ruus the message sent to he and Kyr'am Galaar was seen simultaneously by the pair, one on the HUD of his Buy'ce and the other in holo form on the freighter.

"This is Pre Vizsla, head of House Vizsla. I call upon all loyal warriors of my house to return to Concordia and await further orders. All attacks on other mando'ade are to cease immediately, the Clan Wars are..." he hesitated as if he didn't want to utter the following. "...over." He finished and seemed to look at something off holo though through his T-Visor one couldn't be sure just where his eyes were focused. "You will receive further instructions once you have arrived at our stronghold. Until then, remain vigilant, other clans may break the cease fire, but do not initiate hostile actions with the members of any other House." He clearly tilted his head as if receiving word from someone off holo now before ending his transmission. "Vizsla out."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, Darth_Elu, The Vanguard, Master Vo'Un'Var

OOC: Tagging Darth_Elu one last time here but at this point I don't think he is going to return any time soon. So we'll just leave off any more of the "demonstration" and begin moving folks on to the next phase of the game. SI, I know it's meta knowledge regarding Vizsla's message to his House, but given what your character was given by her father, figure you can start moving her along home now too. Any questions (from anyone) feel free to ask. Sorry for the lateness of this update, especially after I mentioned they would come more regularly now, I was called away for jury service on a week long trial and it's been difficult trying to catch back up on everything.

11. Master Vo'Un'Var

Master Vo'Un'Var Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Kyr'am Galaar
    Second Thought

Kyr'am gazed at the Holo-Projector, He wasn't overly fond of Pre Vizsla, but he was loyal to his house, and his house was his life.
    Using his comlink he sent a message to Shuk'la, he peered through the cockpit again before speaking.
    "Shuk'la, I don't know if you received the message from Pre Vizsla, but we need to go to back to Concordia, now."
    He tried to press a tone of urgency into the message, but failed miserably.
    He slid back into his chair and sighed, pulling out a flask of alchohol and unscrewing the top well, at least he was going home, he thought as he began to drink, waiting for a reply.
    The Vanguard Bardan_Jusik

The Vanguard likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    Nearing Dxun, Onderon System

Asha found that she could hardly sit still on the flight home, and hardly slept. How could the clan wars be over? She had left in such a hurry, and had hurried back home as fast as she could, but it still bothered her. House Vizsla had been the first to say enough, and she wasn't sure how to feel about that. She wondered what Alor Bjorn would say.

Father must have known something like this was about to happen. That we would all stop fighting. But who could have stopped it? There hasn't been anything. No rumours that I've heard, no calls from my clan.

As the ship landed on Dxun, near the main House Ordo stronghold Asha felt sick. She hadn't even fought for her clan. What would her siblings and Vode think of her? She was the youngest, that was true. But Asha knew that also meant they expected more.

As Asha approached the guards she took of her helmet and stopped.

"Ni seek entrance at House Ordo sa te youngest ad be te Clan. Gedet'ye duumir ni at spirba vode, sa Ni ganar been contacted ibac te Clan akaane cuyir jaon."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

13. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Exiting the Senate building was his first priority, and when he got the comm message as he made his way to the blown out window he felt his antennae physically relax beneath his bucce. Well, that and the fact that those senate security types had stopped lobbing explosives, either they had run out or had gotten the same message he had. The Senator was safely evacuated off world.

Of course to him it had another meaning as well. His job was finished. "Jobs over. Senator has evaced!" he yelled out. Standing he ran for the window to jump out, activate his boot rockets and head to the man who had initiated him into the local militia. It was time he resigned from such an honorless group.

Whether he would make it that far without conflict was dependent completely on whether the Senate security shot at him, or if the other Mando took the hint and let him leave as he would him, or tried to do anything while his back was turned. Not that that meant much with bucce.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, MandoA101

14. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Shuk'la Ruus
    Geonosis

The Contractor was about to become mince meat when Shuk'la received a hailing from Pre himself, interrupting his focus on the mission and causing him hesitate. He checked outside to make sure Asha of Clan Ordo was still taking her personal call, wouldn't want her to get the jump on him while he was listening to the message.

"...I call upon all loyal warriors of my house to return to Concordia and await further orders. All attacks on other mando'ade are to cease immediately, the Clan Wars are..."The Galacian held his breath, clinging to every word in anticipation, "...over." Pre finished and seemed to look at something off holo though through his T-Visor. "You will receive further instructions once you have arrived at our stronghold. Until then, remain vigilant, other clans may break the cease fire, but do not initiate hostile actions with the members of any other House." He clearly tilted his head as if receiving word from someone off holo now before ending his transmission. "Vizsla out."

Unsure of what just happened, he excused himself curtly, "I haven't the need to remain here any longer. You will receive word from our House with a request for an order, or you will hear nothing at all. Good day."

Processing the information as fast a possible as he left, Shuk'la pondered the bombshell that just went off through his communicator. This was big. Bigger than his mission, bigger than anything he had seen before. The in-fighting between the clans was all he ever knew and a cease-fire had to be a prelude to unification. Mandalorians only unify when a greater threat emerges against them. Seconds went by before he received a message from Kyr'am, "Shuk'la, I don't know if you received the message from Pre Vizsla, but we need to go to back to Concordia, now."

"Ibic ori," he replied, spewing out into words what was bouncing around in his mind, "mhi ba'slanar jiila."

Translation: 'this is big,' and 'we're leaving immediately.'
    Bardan_Jusik Master Vo'Un'Var TheSilentInfluence

15. MandoA101

Oct 2, 2016

Drake had found his way to the exit, though the maze of desks and caf machines that encompassed the room. Slowly, he pressed the door's button, and seized up slightly as the door buzzed quietly. Although it was almost silent, it was enough to make Drake paranoid of anyone else in the destroyed room. Timidly, he stuck his head not the hallway, looking for any guards or the other Mandalorian.
    He took a cautious step out of the room when a loud voice echoed throughout the whole office. Immediately, out of instinct, Drake spun back into the room and dropped to the ground. "Jobs over!" The voice yelled. "Senator has evaced!" There was a second of silence, as if he was waiting for a response. Then, there was a series of heavy running footsteps, and the ignition of a jet pack, then the sound faded into nothingness.
    Drake pushed himself up, cursing. She was gone! He missed his chance, and Jabba would never forgive him. Drake had to leave, now. He started at a trot, finding the whole hallway deserted. Feeling a bit more confident, he began a more fast-paced jog to the lift at the end of the hallway. He entered it, descending to the 2 floor where he decided he would make his escape.
    Exiting the elevator to another empty hallway, Drake began a dead sprint to the end, before going into another room. It had a large window, which displayed a view of the city that was tantalizing close.
    Drake punched the plane, shards of the transparent material going in 1,000 directions. Drake leaped out, and sprinted across the tarmac into the city, now trying to figure out how he'd get off the planet.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik Mitth_Fisto

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Interlude:

Ba'slan shev'la

The news spread across the galaxy like wildfire, and many of the Mandalorians recalled to their clan and House strongholds heard it even before they arrived. The Clan wars were over and the Clans had surrendered. Oh it wasn't couched in those terms, not among the warrior caste anyway. No for reasons of honor it was thought of as yet another cease fire in a long history of cease fires among the Mandalorian clans. This time though was different, this time a new philosophy had taken root on Mandalore and now controlled it and the sector. A pacifist movement designed to strip away the old ways of infighting and blood fueds. The old ways would be forgotten, the armor put away. Now was a time for a new way, a new future, a New Mandalorian future.

Duchess Satine Kryze struck quickly at the very roots of the old warrior ways, forbidding the wearing of beskar'gam on the homeworld and exiling those warriors who refused to obey to distant outlying worlds. Out on Concord Dawn and Dxun not much changed, though the warrior clans there were seen as defeated, old news soon to one day be forgotten. Closer to home, on Mandalore's moon of Concordia, the warrior ways were kept alive in secret. The New Mandalorian movement might be ascendant now, but to many warriors it was just another ruling class that would one day be overthrown. For a world trying to be at peace with itself for the first time in generations the New Mandalorians seemed to be sent from the manda itself. To those still clinging to their the warrior ways, it was just something to be waited out, as they gathered their strength once more. It was a time of Ba'slan shev'la, the strategic disappearance.

On Concordia, the Death Watch licked its wounds. For all intents and purposes it had been disbanded with the end of the war. In reality Pre Vizsla was slowly rebuilding it's fractured regime under his control. An effort that would take over a decade. In the meantime, those of House Vizsla that wished to retain their warrior ways were cast out into the wilderness. With the wars over the mercenary and bounty hunting markets were soon filled with a glut of out of work soldiers, the situation made all the more difficult with the lack of actual work to be found. For dishonored warriors such as Drake Sanger, whose failed attempt to kill his mark had seen him declared persona non grata to the Hutts, work became nearly impossible to find. Even for his erstwhile opponent on that assignment, the Riileb Mandalorian Susulur Dha'tra who had been bodyguard to the Senator work became scarce. He and his cohort were thrown under the hoverbus so to speak, blamed for the wanton carnage caused to the Senate Complex and surrounding buildings during the failed assassination attempt. They had been successful in their role, but the manner in which they had done so, and the cost it had inflicted, was too much for the Senator to bear.

On Dxun, clan Ordo managed to adhere to their warrior traditions despite their small size, and were for the most part left alone to do so. Soon though a sense of foreboding set in among their camp. How could they be warriors if there was no one to fight? Yet they dare not cross the New Mandalorians who held on to the seat of power with an iron fist concealed within their velvet glove. Likewise to attack another warrior clan would bring about the wrath of the New Mandalorian government who enforced the cease fire and attacking the aruetiise (foreigners)was a non starter for the same reasons. Slowly, as the months wore on, several clan members slipped away, making their way to Mandalore to take part in the New Mandalorian vision for themselves. They left their armor, their clan, and their warrior spirit behind.

Things were little better on Concord Dawn, where a force of Protectors was raised to police the system. These still wore the armor of old, but clan affiliations were sacrificed in order to appease the hearthworld's government. For Beskaryc Taab, the Protectors seemed like a dream come to life. A place where he could remain a warrior while leaving the politics of clan life behind. His actions on Agamar followed him however, he had abandoned his post, his contract. His word was not trusted among the traditionalists of Concord Dawn, not the Protectors, and so even among the clans he was an outsider.

Together, but not together, these warriors all conducted their own personal ba'slan shev'la. With money scarce, and jobs even harder to come by, they waited. Waited for their next hot meal. Waited for their next job. Waited for a time when a warrior could be a warrior. Most of all they waited for fate to intervene, and soon it would and though they didn't know it, the ba'slan shev'la would soon give rise to the cin vhetin, and the arrival of the Mandalorian in black.

TAG: No one directly. Tagging all players who signed up regardless of their recent game activity. Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101, TheSilentInfluence, The Vanguard, Master Vo'Un'Var, Darth_Elu, Jax Nova

OOC: This interlude will serve as a segue into our next chapter. I had originally intended for the situation described in the interlude above to actually be our next chapter to play through. That would have our characters off doing different things, giving us some more back story, but not anything essential to the game's overall plot.

So, given that and our current numbers, I'd rather our characters start to come together a little more quickly. We've already lost a lot of time (and more than a few players along the way) on this game already and I don't want to lose any more of either. Let me know via PM if you're still interested in playing and I'll try to get the beginning of our next chapter posted soon. Thanks for your patience.

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Chapter Two: cin vhetin
    Three months later.

IC: The Mandalorian in Black (NPC GM restricted use only)
    Inky Raven pub, Salis D'aar, Bakura

The tall Mandalorian dressed in black beskar'gam entered the pub. His information said he could find his quarry here, and as he paid the nominal cover charge to the bouncer at the door he intoned from behind his T-Visor as he handed him something extra. "I won't be here long enough to order any drinks." The bouncer, a human male weighing at least 200 kilos waved him in holding his nose against the stench that accompanied the Mandalorian. There was normally a two drink minimum here at the Inky Raven, but the extra the Mando had given him more than covered that. The bouncer took a step outside to get some fresh air as the Mandalorian in Black continued on inside, scanning the light crowd for his targets. Like himself, they weren't hard to find.

Mando'ade, all sitting at separate tables, though the youngest one, Taab, was sitting alone at the bar, while the tall, thin Riileb, Susulur Dha'tra, was at the back corner table. There was a stack of chips in front of him, and a sabacc hand was in the process of being dealt. He'd heard of Dha'tra's success at gaming table's supplementing his meager income, and it was interesting to see it in progress, but that wasn't why he was here. He took another step into the dark pub, the overhead lights provided little illumination. In fact most of the "glow" within the pub was being cast by the holoscreens set over the bar. A meshgeroya (limmie) match was being shown, and most of the local's seemed to be engrossed in that, leaving the foreigners to this world to their own business, and for the Mandalorian in Black, that business was his fellow mando'ade.

The Mandalorian in Black recognized them by their clan sigils, prominantly displayed on their beskar'game, and because he had come prepared. Still some of those sigils, well one in particular, made his blood boil. He had been instructed to leave those old hatreds behind, and for this, he could. They were few, too few really for the job at hand. But that was the point wasn't it? Besides, they were mando'ade, they would be enough and it was time to see what these mando'ade could do. He subtly signaled another being, a Zygerrian, and then he left the bar...

[hr] [/hr]

As Taab brought the watered down netre'gal to his lips he caught the faint whiff of something pungent, yet familiar, waft over in his direction from the door to the pub. Turning around slightly he felt the buy'ce (helmet) clipped to his belt bang hard against the stool he was sitting on. Catching sight of the origin of the odor he nodded his head briefly to the newcomer. Another Mandalorian he saw, though this one had scrubbed any evidence of his clan sigil from his armor. Taab turned back around and drank as the Mandalorian in Black left the bar without a word. That was at least the sixth one he'd seen since arriving, and had he not known better he would have thought there was a convention in town. He did know better though, knew they had all showed up, along with mercenaries from around the galaxy, looking to hook up with the expedition flight.

The expedition, some sort of project put together by aruetiise scientists to head off exploring into the Unknown Regions. With their plan to head far from Republic space, those arutiise knew they needed a crew that could handle themselves, so they had sent out the word, big pay day for a long term voyage. To mercenaries like Taab, and the other Mandalorians that had shown up, it seemed like a dream come true. They had all been out of work for far too long. Taab had spent the last of his own cash reserves to get here, and now, after not being chosen he had no idea how he was going to get off this rock. "Might have to turn pirate," he mumbled into his drink. Neither he, nor any of the Mandalorians who had shown up had been picked by the aruetiise scientists. Too volatile, they had said. They had preferred the retired Republic Navy sorts, the ones who had piloted Judicial Cruisers and the like. That left Taab and the other mercenaries, Mandalorian and aruetiise alike, with nothing.

"Oya!" he let out a loud shout as he caught a glimpse of the action on the holo screen hung over the bar. A good portion of the locals here cheered along with him as the Golden Bears of the local college limmie team scored another point. Taab had become engrossed in the game as it went on, though he had started rooting for the Bears more as a way to get drinks bought for him than anything else. Since he had sat down the local team had scored two bar points and a 'netter against the heavily favored Pioneer team from Telaan Valley, another region of Bakura. The folks here were beginning to see Taab as something of a good luck charm, and so the drinks kept on flowing for him.

"Mando!" A loud voice cried out from behind him, and Taab turned around as another netra'gal was placed on the bar for him. Taab stood up, somewhat groggily. How many of these had he had already? Taab shook his head a bit, an action that caused the room to spin a bit. He didn't know, but the fact that he'd had nothing to eat over the last three days probably wasn't helping. "What?" he cried out, looking for whoever had called for a Mandalorian. He shrugged, not seeing anyone right away. There were other mando'ade here, maybe they were the ones being called for. Then he saw them, a trio of Zygerrians approaching him rapidly. "Mando, you're too loud. Be quiet!" That led to a few boos and hisses from the other patrons who rather liked their new good luck charm, but the hardened looks from the trio of slavers cooled them off. "So sad Mando, you like all your people, so sad." Taab looked at the Zygerrian ringleader as the being jabbed a claw into Taab's chestplate. "Nothing more but slave fodder now, huh mando?" Taab took exception to that and took a swing at the ringleader, though the Zygerrian deftly avoided Taab's drunken attempt at a punch.
    His two compatriots meanwhile had unfurled their electro-whips and began to move in on him as the bar quickly emptied, patrons running every which way as they tried to shun any involvement in what was sure to be a nasty bar fight. Taab took another swing, this time connecting with the ringleader's nose. The Zygerrian went crashing to the ground, much to the delight of the few locals who had remained inside the pub, but the cheers were short lived as another half dozen of the slavers rushed inside, intent on putting down not just Taab, but all of the Mandalorians in the Inky Raven.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101, TheSilentInfluence, The Vanguard, Master Vo'Un'Var, Jax Nova

OOC: OK, here we are. It's been several months since my last update in both real time and in the game. Feel free to round out your posts with what your character has been up to over the last few months keeping in mind that work is scarce and that none of our characters are highly sought after anymore. Figure all remaining players are on Bakura looking for work (the expedition mentioned in this update) but were turned down. Now we have bigger issues as the nine Zygerrian slavers are trying to take us all captive. They are all fair game, and you may deal with them as you see fit. However, please remember, this is a bar fight, not a war, so try not to damage the pub. Many thanks to Trieste who let me use the Inky Raven as the setting for this update. The Inky Raven was originally created by him for the Elite League Limmie game he manages here on the RPF. For those that haven't seen it before, I'd advise checking it out. If you need any clarifications or have any questions, always feel free to PM me. Also, as a head's up to you all, those characters/players that don't respond in this chapter will be dropped from the game.

18. MandoA101

Oct 2, 2016

Drake cursed as the Golden Bears scored, and then downed a shot of Bespin Sparkle. He was not only angry with the game turning out poorly, but also with his employment running thin. He had been turned down on the exploration opportunity, and was wallowing in grief with an expensive wine. Drake didn't care he had used up almost all of his credits- he was just drifting now. Other Mandos sat in the area behind him, but he sat at the bar. Focused on the game, he didn't hear as the Zygerrians entered the property.

Somewhat intoxicated, Drake missed the shot glass attempting to pour another round. Shrugging, he just took a swig directly from the bottle. Coughing, he set the bottle down on the table, having drained half the contents of it. The Bartender gave him a dirty look, excess alcohol pooling on the bar table. It wasn't until that he heard an electrowhip activate he turned around, acknowledging the Zygerrians.

What appeared to be the boss of the group prodded Beskaryc Taab with a claw in the chest, which wasn't a good idea. Even a drunk Mandalorian was pretty lethal. Beskaryc reacted by taking 2 swings at the leader, the sound punch hitting the Zygerrian's face with a crack. He snarled and the other two brandished their whips. Driven to defend his countrymen, Drake promptly placed a chip on the table and told up abruptly, making the stool fall over.

He helfted the bottle of Bespin Sparkle like a small club and crossed the whole bar in a few quick strides. The Zygerrian had no idea he was there, and he smashed the back of his head. The bottle exploding into shards of glass, the remaining alcohol dousing both Drake and his unsuspecting victim. The Zygerrian stumbled, walking into a table and toppling to the floor with a crash. He lost his whip, it sliding across the floor a few feet.

Drake looked at him the remnants of the bottle in disbelief. "This cost me 12 credits," Drake said angrily, pointing a gloved finger at the unconscious slaver on the ground. "I only got to drink half of it before wasting it on you, you son-of-a-bantha." He reconsidered the broken bottle, and suddenly grasped the pragmatism of it. It was nice and sharp, like a knife. He liked knives. Noticing more Zygerrians enter the Inky Raven, Drake leapt into action, prepared to stick someone with his makeshift weapon.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto , TheSilentInfluence , Master Vo'Un'Var , The Vanguard , Jax Nova , Bardan_Jusik

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Inky Raven Pub, Salis D'aar - Bakura

Everybody's luck has to change eventually. Unfortunately ever since the job on Agumar his had turned for the worse, and unlike prior messes he had been unable to navigate the stink and stigma that had surrounded that job to get to the next one. Outer Rim didn't want him because of costs both real and imagined, Core worlds because of image. A perfect storm and maze of being a broken down, out of work body guard. Normally he would of supplemented this stent with another bounty hunting gig, but he had soon found even there he was being avoided by the official channels.

The name of Susulur Dha'tra was no good, and he dared not try to work for a Hutt. That was a slippery slope that he dared not tread. One never knew if the Hutt one would work for was one he had slighted in his bodyguard duties, or if it was one that held an old grudge for what had been denied their great grand-slug by not being able to conquer his species homeworld.

Which had all come together to see him sitting on this remote world, staring a set of cards that was truly prophetic. He had two cards only in his hand, and with the last shift one had turned into a Queen of Air and Darkness, which gave him a hand with two of them. Now if only it would be his turn again soon and he could call! Only a pure sabaac or idiots array could beat his hand now, and from what bio-rhythms he could read he did not think anyone had those. Of course his luck had started to turn with the last deal when a couple of the patrons had begun drinking too much. Made it all so much harder for him to get a good read on them, he would have to make this his last hand and either find another game or figure out where to move onto next.

Only he never got that far. Some bloody idiot had to go and make a bar fight with one of the several other Mando's in the bar, all also probably denied the jobs he had come for. Long term baby sitting gigs, really showed you how far you had fallen when it stung that you weren't hired for one of those headaches. Only the bar fight was scaring away patrons and the dealer when more ruffians had come in had called the game and started scooping up credits. He had tried to slam his cards down and show he had good hand, but that cruel mistress of fate shifted his cards as he did so, so instead of a special negative twenty-two he had a zero with a positive two of flasks. With a snarl as the man had grinned with a shaking head and scattering with what would of been his winnings, he pocketed the credits as one of the furlings came at him.

As a light whip snapped at him, snagging a leg, he went down with a grunt to his knees as the shocks coursed through his systems. It was with a shaking hand that he raised his blaster and put a hole through the offending beings head through the left eye. Which was pretty bad considering his was trying to snap a shot at the mans heart. Still, it worked, so he soon found himself standing once more with a heavy hand on the table as his waving blaster seemed to hold others at bay long enough for him to get his whits back.

If anyone tried to come at him again, or leave that was a furling like the one he had already shot, he would shoot them as well. It was the principle of the thing, he sagely thought as he went ahead and shot one of them keeping an eye on him in a triple pattern up from knee, gut, head as each shot was given a half beat to let the target move before the next shot, and the next. Although at the moment two seemed to be in the thick of it and so his blaster remained silent for the moment. Better to see what these drunkards made of it now.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Others in Pub

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Rather pleased with himself, Taab smiled dumbly as the Zygerrian crashed to the floor with a broken nose. He didn't take into account however his two compatriots who lashed out at him with their electro-whips. Still drunk, Taab tried to avoid them both but managed to only evade the one, the other slashing into the table next to him, cleaving it in two. The whip he couldn't avoid wrapped around his right arm, sending jolts of electricity into the armor plating there. The air seemed to crackle and pop around him, and though his armor protected him for the most part some of the electrical "spray" managed to work it's way through, causing him to convulse in pain. Worse still than that, the arcs of electricity were blinding him, so he had no idea where to strike back at his attacker. He could hear it though as several blaster shots rang out elsewhere in the pub, someone was having a worse day than he was at least he managed to think to himself before the sound of a much closer shot, a stun rang out.

Almost immediately the grip the electro-whip had on Taab slackened, and with just a slight motion of his arm it fell away, unspooling itself from around his appendage. Both the Zygerrians were on the ground, silent and still. Taab turned around in wonderment before seeing the bartender standing there, a smoking stunner in her arms. "Slaver scum," she said and gave him a wink. Taab had just enough time to return her wink before another Zygerrian tried to grapple with him. A quick punch to the throat freed the Mandalorian of the situation, and Taab finally had a chance to look around the bar, the Zygerrians were clearly getting the worst of things as several other Mandalorians had entered the fray.

"You best get going..." the bartender shouted to Taab as the fight started to die down a bit. He looked at her, the confusion evident on his face. "Cops are coming!" She looked at him as if he were an idiot as she shook her head. Taab could hear it now, the approaching sirens of the local constables. They would be less than pleased with having to break up a bar fight, and even more upset to see it was between two groups of off worlds. "Go you idiot!" the woman shouted at him one last time pointing to the back exit, "and take your friends with you!" Taab looked around, these mando'ade weren't his friends, by their clan sigils, some could even be described as his enemy, or former enemy. Still, it was leave with them or spend a night or more as a guest of the SDPD. With a furtive wave of his hand Taab bade the other Mandalorians to follow after him, out the back.

[hr] [/hr]

IC: The Mandalorian in Black (NPC, restricted GM use only)
    Back alley behind the Inky Raven pub, Salis D'aar, Bakura

As the pre arranged fight broke out inside the pub, the Mandalorian in Black made his way through the streets of Salis D'aar circling his way back to the alleyway behind the Inky Raven. The Mando'ade would escape through here he thought, at least the ones he was willing to approach anyhow. From his vantage point strained to hear what was happening inside, but couldn't discern much beyond shouts, and smashing of bottles and furniture. Then several blaster shots rang out.

That would complicate things, the local authorities would certainly pay far more attention to investigating a murder than a a simple bar fight. The Mandalorian didn't necessarily want that much attention drawn to the events here, but surmised that perhaps he could use that to his advantage. In the distance he could already hear the approaching sirens of incoming SDPD speeders. If the Mandalorian in Black was correct, they would be hauling away just the Zygerrians, while the Mando's made a clean getaway, a getaway he would provide.

"vode," he said to a group of Mandalorians, led by the youngster, Taab, as they pushed their way out the Inky Raven's back door and spilled out into the alley. The approaching sirens were getting closer, and while he didn't doubt that any one of these Mandalorians could best any of Bakura's boys in blue he offered them a better way, a way less likely to end up with them in jail or their ship's impounded. "Come with me, stick close. I have a way off world for you all." He started to lead them down the dark alley. "And maybe a chance at a job too..."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101, TheSilentInfluence, The Vanguard, Master Vo'Un'Var, Jax Nova

OOC: Go ahead and finsih up your individual fights if you want before meeting the Mandalorian in Black.

MandoA101 and BookExogorth like this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Inky Raven Pub, Salis D'aar, Bakura

Asha Ordo sat in a dark corner, carefully adjusting the cloak over her armor. It was heavy, but not so heavy that it got in the way of her fighting. When she had time to fight or got a job, not that she had done many of those. After her return home Asha had felt disconnected, she wasn't the warrior her parents had hoped to raise, but she still did what she was asked, and that was enough in their eyes.

They had told her that Mandalorians needed to find their place again, and so Asha had come to this far off system, hoping to find exactly that, but all Asha felt was unease, especially noting that there were other Mandalorians in the Pub as well. She glanced to her side, a noted an approaching figure, before she casually stood up, trying to get away and get better ground. A hand on her shoulder made Asha reacted and she reached over to grab it before shoving it back, effectively breaking the arm of what Asha now realised was a Zygerrian Slaver.

She glanced over a young Mandalorian called to them and quickly ran over, desperate to get out and into the open. As Asha stepped out into the alley she winched at the sound of approaching sirens, before glancing up at the Mandalorian as he spoke, wondering if he really was going to lead them to safety.

It's either go, become a slave or get arrested.

Asha glanced down the alley and stepped forward, next to the new Mandalorian. She would feel better once she was off this planet.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik Mitth_Fisto MandoA101 The Vanguard Master Vo'Un'Var Jax Nova

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Exiting out the back of the bar, following the drunk Mando that had been at the start of the whole fight he exited with a flick of larger denomination cred chip to the bar tender. "Sorry about the mess. Slavers have a special place outside of life." he muttered before hustling his shebs to follow the others out the back door. He figured if he was lucky the bartender would not report them to the cops and would indicate the slavers as the problem. Something which he could get behind. Once they had piled out though, that was when things got interesting and a person wearing what appeared to be Mandalorian Armor painted all black was standing there waiting for them.

First the slavers, and then someone conveniently waiting for them.

"vode," the man in black said to a group of Mandalorians, led by the youngster, Taab, as they pushed their way out the Inky Raven's back door and spilled out into the alley. The approaching sirens were getting closer, a way less likely to end up with them in jail or their ship's impounded seemed to be conveniently waiting on them. It also looked like the same one that had stuck his head in earlier in the evening. "Come with me, stick close. I have a way off world for you all." He started to lead them down the dark alley. "And maybe a chance at a job too..."

There it was, the magic word. Job. "Fine, but you'll have to fill us in on who the krazsch are you." Stepping forward he made to follow. Hopefully he wouldn't regret this any more than he already regretted coming out to this remote world in the first place.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, @MandoA101, @TheSilentInfluence, @The Vanguard, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @Jax Nova

MandoA101 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. MandoA101

Oct 2, 2016
    OOC: Sorry about the late post. I've been struggling to get on the site. It says there has been capacity issues.

Again, Drake struck with his broken bottle, giving one Zygerrian a bloody memento of their confrontation. He shrieked in pain, and drake delivered a punch into his gut, doubling him over. Drake dropped the now useless container, just the handle remaining. It shattered on the floor, and Drake suddenly had a pretty good idea. With one fluid motion, He tripped the slaver, making him land square on the shards of the smashed Jug, his back absorbing all of the little sharp pieces and bits of it.

Seeing his opponent on the ground, his instinct took over. Kill or be killed. He whipped out one of his pistols, adrenaline pumping through his body, and heart beating out of his chest. the blaster was aimed right in between the eyes of the frightened Zygerrian, his eyes and mouth gaping, stuck in a silent scream of fear. His blood was seeping out onto the floor beneath him, but he was not moving at all.

Then a bright blue light broke his trance-like state, and he looked up to see a stunned Zygerrian collapse, the electrowhip he held falling from his hands. He looked at the shooter and gasped in surprise. the bartender? Well, she held the smoking blaster. Drake shrugged and discharged a stun round into his downed victim without looking.

More Mandos were now streaming into the bar, and the Zygerrians began to falter. Drake raised his pistol and put 3 stun bolts into another Zygerrian with a similar whip. Standing in the back corner of the bar, he began to fire more stun rounds at the fallen zygerrian's comrades, hitting one in stride. That one's unconscious legs carried him into a chair which swept the legs out from under him. He landed face first into the floorboards with a sickening crunch. Ouch.

Drake started to take fire, stun bolts whizzing overhead and incinerating a poster of a limmie team above him. He dropped flat, and peered around the edge of the booth he took cover behind. The Zygerrians had drawn their own blasters, and fired at the other Mandalorians. For a second, their was a refrain of fire, and sirens were faintly audible.

"Cops are coming!" The bartender shouted. The Zygerrians started to flee, dragging their wounded comrades with them. the bartender then yelled something inaudible at Taab, who waved his hand, signaling the others to follow. Drake got up, weary of the wailing sound getting closer and closer. A flash of green armor appeared out of his peripheral vision, and Drake froze.

It was the same Mandalorian he had fought against in Agamar. How would he react? Still, the Mando carried on, either not paying any attention to him or simply not noticing him in the commotion. He definitely did not trust him, after he tried to kill him. But his words at the end of the failed assassination stuck with him, and a Mando was a man or woman of their word. Drake looked out the ajar doors of the main entrance and saw the police cruisers pulling up. He subdued any conflict with in him and followed Taab out of the bar into the back alley way, grabbing his helmet as he went.

Drake and the others streamed out of the exit, some disgustingly drunk. Drake's adrenaline high had diminished the affects of the alcohol, but he still couldn't remember the details of the fight he had just had. Shaking his head, he caught sight of a new mandalorian standing in front of them, one that had not been in the bar with them. He was clad in black armor, and wore it proudly and with a stature reminiscent of royalty.

Then he spoke. "Come with me, stick close. I have a way off world for you all. And maybe a chance at a job too..." He began to lead the handful of people down the alley, when the green armored mando spoke. "Fine, but you'll have to fill us in on who the krazsch are you." Drake shrugged. That sounded sensible. But still, Drake continued forward.

Tag: Anyone

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/The Mandalorian in Black (NPC, restricted GM use only)
    Back alley behind the Inky Raven pub, Salis D'aar, Bakura

The Mandalorian in Black counted the Mandalorians following behind them through the darkened alley as they left Inky Raven, and the Bakuran police, far behind. Four. Only four of them. He had hoped for more, though he had been told at least five and no more than seven, and even five would have left no room for casualties. He shrugged mentally as the sound of the sirens faded with the distance they had put between themselves and the barfight. Four would have to do for now, though it would mean another recruiting trip for him after this job was done. Four could do the job, probably, and if they couldn't, well it meant he had recruited the wrong vode to begin with.

He had noticed how Taab's head jerked back at the mention of employment. He figured that would get their attention, better still since it was true. His whole reason for being here was recruitment after all. Still one of the others, Dha'tra, didn't seem quite as eager as the other three. "Fine, but you'll have to fill us in on who the krazsch are you." The Mandalorian in Black had let the demand hang out there as they made their way silently through the back alleys towards the spaceport, but now as the bright landing lights of the port came into view he stopped them and finally answered.

"No names, not from me...that's a condition of employment." He looked sternly at them all through his T-Visor, sure that he could take them all down himself if need be, though he certainly didn't want to. That would mean starting over again. "Or if you don't want this job you can go back to whatever you all were doing before," He looked directly at Dha'tra, "Hustling at the card table for your next meal for example as opposed to soldiering." Taab shook his head at that. He wanted, needed, a job. A real job. There was no other way he would get off this planet. The Mandalorian in Black continued on. "I'll admit, it doesn't pay much, but it's worth three hots and a cot from your employers so long as you stay on mission. If you can stay on mission." He explained further. "It will require you to work together, across clan lines." He stood up straight. They were out of danger, for now, though he had no doubt the police would round up the group of Mandalorians for questioning if they were found before he could get them off world.

"So decide, each of you now, do you want this job or not?"

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, MandoA101, TheSilentInfluence

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Back Ally Behind Inky Raven Pub, Salis D'aar, Bakura

Asha Ordo crossed her arms, looking off into the distance as she regarded his words. She needed this job, at the very least it would make her feel like fighting for something again. Asha glanced at the other Mandalorians, noting that even in the best times Clan's and their Vode rarely got along. But if they didn't, they could lose being Mandalorian. She didn't want that to happen.

"I'll take the job, but I want to know what it is and where we will be going. "She looked at the other Mandalorians with an unflinching expression, trying not to breathe too hard from the escape. "And if we do work together I don't want to return to my family with nothing to show. They already think less of me. House Ordo is descended from great Warriors. If I have nothing to show, what good am I to them?"

Asha quieted then, lost in thought as she thought about Dxun. It had been some time since she had been home. It was so different out here, colder. And Asha still felt homesick.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik Mitth_Fisto MandoA101

Bardan_Jusik and Mitth_Fisto like this.