main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thought question about Yoda

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by VadersOnThatShip, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersOnThatShip

VadersOnThatShip Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    Does anyone think that there is a parallel between Palpatine's "power" to save lives and Yoda admitting to Luke that he (Yoda) is not strong enough to save his own life. I'm going to assume for this thread that Palpatine was telling the truth to Anakin about his powers.
    Is Yoda admitting he's not as powerful as Palpatine? Perhaps just a coincidence?

...Your Thoughts?

2. Curufinwe

Curufinwe Jedi Master star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    I think that what Yoda is saying is that he has accepted the natural order of things, as a true enlightened Jedi should. In that sense, Yoda is more powerful because he has learned the secret to becoming one with the Force. True power in the Force is not about making an abomination of life, which is a tenuous and ambiguous (not to mention dark) power at best, but it is about peace with the ways things turn out, the ability to let loved ones pass on--which is what Luke ultimately learns.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Yoda is a Jedi,Palps is a sith lord. Palps offers the power to save lives to Anakin because those who fall to the darkside usually have failed the Jedi code and freed themselves of attachments.

Yoda does not have attachments, he accepts that he is old and will not try to save himself by turning to the darkside of the force.Instead,he uses the lightside to become one with the force.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yes, I agree with both Users in this thread.

Assuming Palpatine is telling the truth, Palpatine also says that the Darkside could be seen as unnatural. Meaning that you can accomplish more, but in an unnatural way. So what I think Yoda is saying is, he's not strong enough using the Lightside of the Force (Since that's not what it's intended for) to save his life.

The Sith manipulate the Force as they please, leading to things being unnatural ... like old age or the ability to conquer death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.