main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughtless and insulting anti-French-Canadian comment made by a mod

Discussion in 'Communications' started by wild_karrde, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm failing to understand why this wasn't handled via PM between the author, AT60, and dp4m. In the JCC thread, people seemed to move far beyond that comment. In other words, pages and pages have since gone by that have nothing to do with that initial comment. So this is an issue that is private amongst those individuals. If you cannot resolve it that way, then feel free to PM me. :)

2. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    For the record, w_k isn't the only one to be taking time out over this thread. I laid out the rules clearly that you don't start making things personal, and you face the consequences of doing such.

In relation to what started this, the comments are something that would end up with a warning to a user to refrain from making them, and that is how it has gone previously. That is what is happening in this case.

As to the overall "French bashing" (a very nebulous definition that is applied to both attacks and legitimate criticism), there has been an increase in "Bush bashing", and that directed towards other players in this whole affair. If it crosses the line, it will be dealt with.

I know that this is a time of high emotion for many people, but I will say now though that if people can not reign themselves in, and post with some semblance of thinking before they hit the submit button, this issue will be embargoed from the JCC, and left for discussion in the Senate, along with it's rules on this. I personally do not wish to do this, but if people cannot follow the rules and keep it civil and level-headed, it will be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.