main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Except Ventress is now more of an anti-hero than a villain on the Clone Wars, and we don't even know if she will even survive the show. Even if she did return in future movies, she's more likely to restore the Nightsisters than the Sith.

Aurra Sing would be awesome. I was disapointed when she never made it into AOTC like originally intended, and with the status of the live action series up in the air at this point it would be great to finally see her in live action for more than a cameo. Even better if she was played by the same actress who voices her in the Clone Wars.

2. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Would you want to see night sisters in future films?

3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    How about a "civil war" between two rivaling Jedi factions? To make it interesting, one led by Luke, one by Leia.

4. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    That's interesting. However I think it would be more feasible to have the two rival factions be lead by Skywalker offspring with Luke and Leia caught in the middle or possibly even dying during the outset of the rivalry.

5. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Reason being that I think Luke and Leia will be more supporting characters than the main protagonists.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  6. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That's a good point. I meant "led by" in the same way that Yoda led the Jedi Council in the PT; mostly just sitting around. Mostly.

7. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Yeah I don't think they'd be sitting around while their kids are killing each other though, lol.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  8. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Definitely. They do provide the movie with a darksider without beating a dead horse with the Sith. Although I wouldn't want an entire clan as the main antagonists.

That could be very interesting as long as its portrayed as heroes on both sides rather than good vs evil. I'd hate to see Luke or Leia become villains.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  9. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, tension between two rivaling Jedi factions could be interesting, especially during a period of growth. Two groups wanting to build in different directions, maybe one of them opposing Luke's views or wanting a different role with the Galactic Alliance/New Republic or whatever.
    Just as long as it doesn't turn into "hurr durr i h8 u, i am now lord of teh sith".

10. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Almost sounds like the EU we have - ala Luke vs Jacen, in a manner of speaking

11. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of the whole thing with Grand Master Kenth Hamner.

12. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Well, similar i suppose. Actually, that might work better.

13. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    Have a Game of Thrones thing going on. Moral ambiguity. Heroes on both sides (haven't we heard that before?) Sex, violence and betrayal. How's that for Disney produced kids film?

Count Yubnub likes this.
  14. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Naturally it would be great to have a new Sith in the mix somewhere. Also, I'd like to have 2 separate groups of bad guys.

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I don't think anyone is really going to have ground to oppose Luke. Still after he dies I could definitely see a major split.

16. Varactyl

Varactyl Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    I'm thinking there was a ~20-year period where kids born with Force sensitivity went overlooked and untrained, think how easy that is to exploit in the story. A whole generation and then their kids/any additional sensitives who popped up, being able to do instinctive stuff at least without training. The potential is there for "ordinary" bad guy Force users. And of course some might end up being powerful without actually being Sith. The Jedi could very well be extremely outnumbered, ala the KOTOR game period, even if they would be much better trained.

17. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Gary Oldman as the Sith lord.

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  18. gregvader123

Nov 16, 2012
    I would ****ing LOVE that!

19. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Everyone would love that!

20. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I would like to see sith in action like in the Kotor trailer

21. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    Gotta propose some plot points to propose villains...I would have Leia leading a new order of Jedi, not involved in politics at all. the galaxy is a messy place. Most planets fall under the alliance of independent systems, formerly the rebel alliance. Everyone is reluctant to give up local autonomy after the empire, so there is no powerful central authority. Luke is sort of a mysterious Jedi doing his own thing out in the outer rim. He has one or two apprentices, maybe his kid, maybe Leia's, and they are working on morally important matters like investigating slave trafficking, which leads them to Mandalorians who are massively involved in piratical raiding and slave trade (who names their ship slave 1?). Luke and apprentice allow themselves to be captured and discover some deeper secret villain behind the Mandalorians, a dark Jedi, maybe a clone of a Jedi a la the Thrawn trilogy. Maybe the Kaminoans stole Kenobi's genetic code when he visited and we have an insane clone of Ewan McGregor. Maybe they do the Dark Empire clone emperor thing. Maybe the horrible rumors are true and they clone Hayden. My hope is that we get a brand new dark Jedi. Someone powerful who had been plotting to destroy Palpatine.

22. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    I would like to see movies like the Kotor trailers

23. Vid_The_Impaler

Vid_The_Impaler Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2012
    A lot of people thought Darth Vader was dead at the end of A New Hope, but they brought him back for Empire. I'd love to see Darth Maul return

24. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    I can imagine Tom Hiddleston or Benedicte Cumberbatch (or both) in the film as villains with competing motives. Hiddleston as an ambitious but stretched imperial remnant officer, Cumberbatch as a rogue Senator who hates the Jedi and decides to team up with the Mandalorians and the Remnant. :p

25. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    What about a sith lord ghost that can possess people that way, the face we see can change and die with no issues. If not its time for a sith female in the movies.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh