main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Thoughts about a new villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by sashlon1138, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Vader will return with the help of the Catholic church
    [​IMG]

Team Padme and Tan-Wessel like this.
  2. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    *tilts head left*

*tilts head right*

*blinks*

i really don't know what to make of that sentence.

boletus likes this.
  3. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Or maybe DARTH GONZO! for pigs in space EU fans would love it

[​IMG]

4. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    WOW....that is like chinese subtitles wtf....lol.....................

5. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    *narrows eyes*

don't mock me good sir!:cool:

6. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Not you ...the Vader dead in ANH ...and the finish with a bring maul back.....all it needed was a "I love You long time" in the middle

7. VonDan

VonDan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 4, 2012
  8. Darth_Kiryan

Mar 13, 2009
    Xizor's Concubines Revenge, perhaps?

9. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I know a lot of people don't like this idea, but I would prefer the Emperor having his own stash of Force Borns, either carbon frozen and hidden away, or alive and well but exiled on some backwater planet.

What ever the case, I don't want to see Luke finding Force Borns everywhere with ease. Because if it's one thing the OT told us is that there weren't any.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe they can go down the Jedi outcast route - Have the villain become empowered by the Valley of the Jedi and then be a match for Luke in a fight, as Dessan was.

Or they could go with the TFU route and have secreat labs where the Empire attempted to create Jedi (similar to Jedi Outcast) which are then released once the regime collapses.

11. tsunami1138

tsunami1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    Did it? I always understood that Ben's, and Yoda's, comments indicated that Luke was the only one strong enough to challenge Vader and the Emperor...and win. When Yoda said, "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be...pass on what you have learned", I took that to mean that there are other Force-sensitives out there somewhere, and it's up to Luke to teach them - "last of the Jedi" indicates that Luke is the current last of the Jedi, not that there can't be any more...

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    He was talking about his ******* sister, dude.

Nah, man. Everyone back then thought there weren't any left after the purge. If there was, then why didn't they teach them, too? The more the better, no?

If that is the case, where Luke can just pick up right away and start finding and training Jedi that easy, then it adds more water to my theory of having Palpatine finding some himself, right?

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You're joking, right? The Jedi, their concept of the Force and their lightsabers have undeniably been the very face of the Star Wars franchise since its inception. It may not always be so in the future, but there's no getting around the fact that Vader, Luke, Obi-Wan, the Jedi, the Force and lightsabers are at the core of what the average fan mentions first when asked about Star Wars.

I agree with you when you say that the Star Wars galaxy is large enough that it can support any number of ideas. In my opinion, it can, it should and eventually it will. All signs point to Disney continuing to make Star Wars films every 2 to 3 years beyond Episodes VII-IX and there's no reason to think that these pictures won't explore new points of view in the Star Wars galaxy.

That said, it has already been stated that Episodes VII, VIII and IX are to be a continuation / culmination of the story told in I-VI. Now, having read a lot of your postings since the big announcement, I see you've been emphatic in your view that the story of I-VI is finished and that the new films should move on, supported by new storylines, ideas, characters, environments, etc. I think that new ideas should (and will) be used, too, but only in support of what we have been told to expect (ie. a story which continues / concludes the story we've known up until now). I just hope that if we see exactly what we've been told to expect, you won't be so put off by the idea that you can't enjoy the films. That would really suck.

Oh, and to the OP, it wouldn't surprise me if the producers wind up offering us a lightsaber-wielding ne'er do well who is a Sith all but in name, thereby trying to appease both the "we need a foe with a lightsaber" and the "Anakin vanquished the Sith" camps. The identity of the antagonist for these films really is the big, open question that George Lucas himself seems to have been hung up on (saying there was no story after Jedi) - the result of wrapping things up in the manner in which he did by shaping the saga as a six-film venture.

14. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    If we look at the EU (you may be one of those who vilifies it, I don't know) then Palpatine did. Mara Jade, amongst others, were discovered by Palpatine and developed into his assassins and his Hands.

Yoda and Ben didn't teach any of the others because, in the dark times, trying to seek out new Force-users and train them would have surely lit up their location and intent like the 4th of July to Vader and Sidious, and the entire Imperial Navy would have bombarded them into the netherworld of the Force from orbit. I'd have thought that much was obvious. The Empire forbade all research into the Jedi and the Force, the Jedi (apart from a select few survivors) were extinct. Picking up younglings strong in the Force isn't like finding cigarette butts on the street.

Also, just because the Jedi were wiped out, that doesn't mean that there weren't Force-users being born. And don't forget all the Force-users out there who WEREN'T surrendered to the Order at birth, who had grown up as just your average citizen without any sort of knowledge that they had power. Those are the people that Yoda wanted Luke to find and train.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  15. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I can understand Palpatine being able to save one, Mara Jade in this case -- probably because he saved her before the purge. But to say, "Well, Luke can just find a bunch of Force Borns and start up the whole Jedi Order like before.", diminishes the whole "hunting down the last of the Jedi" concept in the OT.

See, I never liked the amount of Force Sensitives the EU claimed there were, because I always felt they should have been rare and that only Force Sensitive families can pass down Force sensitivity.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    The one big problem with the idea that there were more Jedi in hiding during the OT is that it makes them all look like pathetic cowards. If there were a bunch of them, why not unite with the Rebellion to fight the Empire? Luke destroyed the Empire with the Rebels and his friends and he was one Jedi with not a lot of training, imagine what others could have done.

Force Sensitives are undoubtedly numerous, but without Jedi to train them they would never realise their potential or perhaps even know they had abilities. Having Luke around to train such people after the Empire lost power is acceptable.

17. tsunami1138

Nov 15, 2012
    But the last of the Jedi WERE hunted down (well, aside from the odd one or two). The Force-sensitives Luke trains never were Jedi, and thus don't apply. The Emperor could never have hunted down and slaughtered all the Force-sensitives, because he doesn't know where they are. It took an entire division of Jedi to sense the locations of Force-sensitives.

18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    ?

Darth Vader was seen on screen to have righted his craft and flown away from the action. Even as a little kid I could see that and I've honestly never heard anybody say they thought Vader was a casualty of the Battle of Yavin. I'm not saying it didn't happen for some people, of course, but I've been a fan for 30+ years and as this is the first I've ever heard anybody suggest this, I have a difficult time accepting that a lot of people believed it. Again, I could be wrong, but it just sounds so weird to me.

19. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    My current top theories are:
    1. Plaguis
    2. Asohka
    3. someone from Yoda's race
    4. force witch

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not that I was totally convinced Vader was dead at the end of ANH, but after seeing it for the first time I immediately asked my brother how he survived out in space on his own. "Wouldn't he run out of air?", I asked. My brother's answer, "the Empire picked him up", was sufficient.

Then my brother put ESB in the VCR and that was that.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  21. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    I'm open to lots of possibilities when it comes to the villainous face(s) of the new trilogy but I desperately hope that they don't go down the cloned and/or reincarnated Vader/Palpatine/Maul/evil Luke/Boba Fett etc route. That just smacks of laziness and a lack of imagination. It's going to be a tough job. As Lucas eventually decided that six films were enough to complete the Skywalker story arc, he and the others are now faced, to an extent, with the task of essentially ret-conning the entire saga.

22. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    yoda is plaguis and returns in his true form .. has the ability to change from spirit to solid .. sidious was good and knew yoda was building an evil jedi empire .. sidious used anakin .. yoda used luke .. luke faces a non force uprising to remove the last of all jedi from the universe .. which is instigated by evil yoda behind the scenes .. yoda revealed in ep 9 .. luke is seen as jesus type figure by non force peeps .. they hunt him down and try to kill him

23. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    I bet we'll at least see a force ghost of yoda in the ST.

24. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I suspect so. I have no problem with that. Even though we know so little at this stage, I'm somehow getting more confident that Lucasfilm will deliver something good. Without Lucas at the helm, I think we might get a trilogy that eschews all the cutesy flim flam that marred the PT to an extent. For instance, I hate the battle between the Gungans and the Battle Droids on Naboo. I remember the forum discussions about the proposed live action series and how many people felt that it should take the gritty realism route that the re-booted Battlestar Galactica series took. I'd like to see that approach in the ST.

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Yes, how about a race of extragalactic aliens hell bent on conquest and destruction that just happen to be invulnerable to the Force...

Oh wait...