main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts about Beru

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by syferdiasisalie, Sep 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    I feel bad for her. She supported Luke and wanted him to be able to go to the academy, but she was killed. Owen I don't care about. He's a lazy, mean old man. Or just extremely misunderstood.

2. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    Well I never liked Owen much. In ANH he was a grumpy old man and in AOTC he was like a super boring person! Oh and he is not very attractive either!!! But Beru is OK.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I never really cared for either of them. I never saw them as esential to the story, at least not in the OT. By that time, they seemed like nothing more than babysitters. In the PT, I think I'll probably see them the same way. I guess I just think they're boring, they have no depth.

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Ironically, Owen and Beru remimd me a tad too much like my late grandparents from my mothers side.

I try not to see Owen as a mean old dude, but rather a man that knows more then he wants to and is trying to balance a harsh life amid dark times, while summarily trying to protect a 'powder keg' child.

5. Obi_Lon

Obi_Lon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    right.

owen wasn't mean. he saw what anakin did. he knew who anakin became. he just didn't want luke anywhere near that stuff.

beru's a good character. their deaths served a purpose though. gave luke absolutely no reason to stay on tatooine.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Owen and Beru were awesome. Owen was just scared of Luke. He didn't want to see the only Skywalker(he knew of anyway), get destroyed or turned to evil.

Beru was great too. She showed Luke that there was a big universe out there.

7. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Owen and Beru are essential to the OT. Their deaths are the impetus for Luke to leave Tatooine and join the rebels. In my opinion, anyway...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.