main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts about the name "AOTC"

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Rogue_Pilot, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I love "Attack of the Clones"! At first, it made me think that they would attack the Republic, but when Lama Su said "This army is for the Republic"(which is one of favorite lines because of this), everything was turned upside-down. Instead of attacking the Republic, the clones attacked the separatists! Genius!

So the title is not at all incorrect, we just misunderstood it :)

2. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I always liked the title

3. yes

yes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    What's wrong with Attack of the Clones? I don't know how about you Americans, but when I say it the title rolls off my tongue easily...

Attack of the Clones!
    Attack of the Clones!
    Attack of the Clones!

4. DarthHtrad

DarthHtrad Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2002
    Oh, Empire wasn't a very threatening word before ESB came out, huh? How about this famous quote from almost 40 years earlier: "Yesterday, December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy. The United States of America was suddenly, and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the EMPIRE of Japan." One of the worst moments in American history involved an empire.

5. Oryx-I

Oryx-I Force Ghost star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Brrr, scary.

6. jabba_the_nut

jabba_the_nut Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2003
    "Empire" is just a scarier-sounding concept all-around than other forms of government. Can you imagine how ROTJ would have played if Palpatine had been called, say, the Prime Minister?

"Indeed you are powerful as the Prime Minister has foreseen."

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    [face_laugh]

In Sweden, TESB has an extremely corny title!
    It´s translated to "Rymdimperiet Slår Tillbaka", which means "The Space Empire Strikes Back".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.