main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX Thoughts about the SW story

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by neumera, Jun 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    I just finished the book (which I thought was not worth the money I paid for it). In it is a scene where Taun We notifies Jango that he is needed for more genetic extraction. Since Jango is now dead, does that mean that the future clones (Stormtroopers) are copied from Boba Fett?

-Anne

2. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    i always thought that the stormtroopers were made up by recruits or people wanting to join the empire rather than face it. maybe some or most of them are clones. who knows...but thats why i think.

3. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    I think the stormtroopers are all clones. Maybe the stormtroopers are just clones of themselves. Or, maybe the cloners extracted all they needed the few days or so before Jango died. Or or, don't necessarily need material directly from the host, maybe they just needed to extract more from Jango so they could fine-tune the next batch of clones. Or or or, maybe the future stormtroopers are clones of Boba link Anne suggests. Maybe that's why George added the plot point that Boba is an exact replica with no modifications . . . I have a feeling a lot of these details will be tied into the Super Special Edition DVD's in some way.

4. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    Also, I assume the cloners are just drawing Jango's blood. Maybe they have a freezer full of it somewhere.

I'm glad you brought this up because I didn't understand why they had to keep Jango around in this first place. Once they modify his DNA to their satisfation, it seems it would be much easier to take DNA from a clone to make more clonse, than it would be to take Jango's unmodified DNA and modify it again. I'm sure they were just tinkering/perfecting it.

5. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    why do all the clones look like amidala's bodyguard guy, the one with the eye thingy??? thats what i am wondering. they dont look like jango at all.

6. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    I thought they looked similar too, but I was able to confirm that those are different actors entirely.

They don't look like Jango because they are only supposed to be 20 year olds (with growth acceleration). Jango looks to be in his 30's.

7. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    i dont know...i think there is more to the clones than what they said in the movie. i dont how old jango is/was but there has got to be something tying them with amidala's bodygaurd...there has to be.

IT'S A BIG CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!! hehehe

8. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    Captain Typho is Panaka's nephew. They have a scene together in the book. Panaka has known him his whole life. They only started cloning Jango 10 years before AOTC.

9. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Also, the clones don't look exactly like Jango because Jango has all those scars on his face.

Also in the book he does say that his head falls out of his helmet when it gets lopped off. That would be too Gladiator-esque to show it in the movie.

10. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Oooo, oooo! And also, the Stormtroopers have to be clones because remember Leia's line "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" They're all the same height because they're all the same guy!

11. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    yeah that makes sense...but then again luke and leia are mom's height :p

12. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    I am interested in seeing why the Emperor does not use clones for his higher ranking officers, and also, how he gets these people to agree to work for him. I'm sure a little threat with some finger lightning would do the trick, but he wants to ensure these people are as loyal and willing as his genetically altered clone army is, doesn't he?
    This very obviously reflects the Nazis in WWII. How does a leader motivate so many to knowingly commit such atrocious acts?

13. DarkJediPrincess

DarkJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2002
    They go to the Imperial Academy to get a commission and make big bucks/credits/whatever and become Imperial Officers. They can rise above their station on whatever world they were born on and someday have the power of life and death over people. It's not uncommon for people to give their decision making process over to someone else for money or power or personal security.

Or maybe they are like Anakin, they have the desire to end useless conflict and bring order to the galaxy, by whatever means necessary. In their minds, once the dust settles the Galaxy will be a safe place to live.

DJP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.