main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT THOUGHTS FOR A FALCON

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hopefulwriter, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    "I've just got a funny feeling....like I'm not going to see her again." Han Solo

"What a piece of junk!" That's how Luke described you the first time he saw you. He didn't think I heard him, but I did. That's why I bragged about your speed ability; point five beyond lightspeed.

We've been through a lot, together, haven't we, baby? I've never flown another ship, til now, since I won you from Lando,. You were my home, my livelihood, my security all that time. You never failed me. Sure, there were times it seemed like you'd given me all you had to get me out of a scrape, but, I could always get a little more out of you with a well placed rap.

It wasn't your fault you had power surges - it was mine. I never outfitted you like you deserved. Seemed more important at the time to spend what I had on celebrating a successful run. Then, I was always in debt to Jabba. Oh, I managed to pay him off each time, but things went a little haywire last time....if those Imperials just hadn't boarded us on that last run from Kessel....

Kessel. Wonder if anyone will ever beat our record on that run?

Well, you're on another run now. One that will mean life or death for the Rebel Alliance. I can't run it with you. Wish I could, but they need me here and they need you there. They need you now, like I needed you. You just move as good for Lando as you did for me. I know you won't fail. Please don't fail.

One or both of us may go out in a blaze of glory, but isn't that how we always wanted it?

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    What a lovely ode to the Falcon from Han. :)

You can tell how much she means to him here, that she's more than just a ship.

That last line is kinda ominous, but I can totally see Han thinking that!

3. Hopefulwriter

Hopefulwriter Jedi Master star 3

Jan 6, 2016
    Thank you for your kind words on THOUGHTS FOR A FALCON.

I enjoy writing SW fan fiction and like to try to imagine the character's thoughts.

4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I just had "Blaze of Glory" playing in my head. Never thought that such a song would be a perfect fit for Han Solo and the MillenniumFalcon. Well-played. I know guys who talk about their cars this way, so...that was very natural, and in-character for Han.

The very last paragraph gives me shivers, for some rather obvious reasons! :_|

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The good old Millennium Falcon! Good to see the old "hunk of junk" getting some appreciation—it has been such a faithful companion to our heroes for, well, more than half of the Saga now. And even under the command of Lando and Nien Nunb, it comes through and does not disappoint. And if Han only knew the ways it will continue to come through and not disappoint much later on! Well, he will find out, and even after he goes out in not quite a blaze of glory it will continue to do so. Very enjoyable little piece here. :)

Ewok Poet likes this.