main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

PT Thoughts/General Discussion: Attack of the Clones

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Zannah, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2016
    I always loved the battle in the arena, and Yoda showing up with the gunships is an awesome scene. Dooku and through him Christopher Lee really shine and the Kaminoan scenes are awesome.

2. heels1785

heels1785 JCC/PT/New Films Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed. Love it.

Mod voice now, ahem.

I've never liked the title of this thread, so I changed it. Not quite so negative.

MarcJordan, Tonyg, wobbits and 3 others like this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    AOTC had Coruscant as a whole, Palpatine as a master manipulator, Across the Stars, the seismic charges, Geonosis, Kamino, the Execution Arena, the Reek, Nexu and Axley, Yoda using the Force and a lightsaber, Anakin attempting to use 2 lightsabers, Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, the Separatist Council, the Jedi Army rescuing Obi-Wan and friends, that Super Battle Droid shoving the Battle Droid out of the way, the Geonosian sonic weapons, Obi-Wan inspecting the clones in formation. The music playing as well. Palpatine inspecting the clones at the end of the movie, Bail resignedly banging his fist, Love Theme and the Arena, the Battle of Geonosis, the sequence after the Clones shot down one of the TF Spheres and kicked up sand, the firefight was amazing, Etc.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Definitely, and the Droid Factory scene gave us Anakin flexing his lightsaber skills on organic enemies. Plus, we got to explore more of Coruscanti culture, and the depth of the planet, whereas in TPM, it was more of a background planet.

5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Intuition. Dooku is an arrogant, sarcastic, smarmy liar. No reason she couldn't have gotten the vibe from talking to him in negotiations that he had something to do with her assassination.

6. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    A lot can be said about the (overall, TLJ follows) worst SW movie (I'd rate it with 2,5 stars out of 5) or a 48%-55 on Rotten Tomatoes
    To be brief, I'll say that the pacing-plot, the stiff camera work and blatant CGI-environments, plus the artificial-laughable romantic dialogue TOTALLY ruin the movie for me, despite three sequences that stand out (Coruscant chase, Obi-Wan vs Jango and Geonosis Battle). Oh, and the movie has the WORST lightsaber duels of the saga (and yes, I liked Yoda vs Dooku, despite being lame next to Yoda vs Sidious)
    a necessary, if dull step, between the vastly superior (yet far from perfect) Episodes I and III

7. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2016
    Unique, mysterous, very different, very peculiar, very smooth. Yet it has the feeling of the galaxy far away an long ago best for me, for its almost victorian sense in everything: in the costumes, in the relationships, in the drama. The world building still amazes me.

8. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    We just watched it again last week, I personally love the movie but my young nephew pointed out that Anakin was almost like a stalker with Padme sometimes.

9. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 30, 2015
    Poor kid having to grow up in such a PC-obsessed time. I hope he won't ever have to watch the OT or any of the Indiana Jones movies, which of course are all full of "stalking".

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Jinn328 and Tonyg like this.
  10. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 10, 2011
    Because she's a force pushing for peace and reconciliation. Dooku wants the Republic to adopt an aggressive and escalatory stance towards the Separatists for propaganda purposes. If Padme prevails in her efforts, Dooku's Separatist movement will be absorbed back into the Republic, lured by illusory promises of concession and accommodation. From Dooku's perspective, Padme and what she represents are far more dangerous to him than the militarists in the Republic. The prospect of peace is far more threatening to the radical Separatist movement than the prospect of war, and Padme knows this.

Essentially, Padme thinks Dooku is a radical accelerationist intentionally agitating for a violent outcome to the crisis. The Jedi disagree.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Deliveranze and Subtext Mining like this.