main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Thoughts of the Vikings 2003 Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi76, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Hey, ugly or not, a win is a win. ;)

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey Jaxson the Lions have a ton of heart and hopefully they will show it on thanksgiving against the Pack

3. BobaBen

BobaBen Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    we won whoo Hoo

Ben

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Pepper needs to get it together though. It's not a great thing when your D scores more than your O but oh well. It's nice to see the D win a game. That should go a long way to building these guys confidence. Now we just need to get the O to get it together and we'll be a good team. :)

5. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I'm not really into football (though I'm proudly anti-Packers :D), but I got this link from a friend and I thought I'd do what I can to contribute. It took all of a few seconds to click on the Vikings and all... ;)

Tackling Hunger

156,739 cans have been donated by Campbells for MN Vikings fans. :)

6. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    ok Vikings Fans. Chant with me now. Go Lions, Go Lions, Go Lions!

With Farvera not getting a whole week to rest that thumb this could be interesting. I expect a whole lot of Green.

7. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    follows Dorights lead LETS GO LIONS LETS GO LIONS LETS GO LIONS LETS GO LIONS LETS GO LIONS LETS GO LIONS

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    [face_devil] Motor City Kitties shall rule the day!

I have my Lion Mascot all ready.

[image=http://www.dougie-doright.com/chew4.jpg]

9. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    I have 3 mascots at home Jedi could be the running back Eclipse could be the offensive lineman and Minnie could be maybe a reciver

10. KFisto_352

KFisto_352 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    the lions rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    On behalf of all Viking fans I would like to thank the Lions for beating the Packers now hopefully on Sunday we can do our part and get back to a 2 game lead in the NFC north

12. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Darth Jaxon said:

I think the Packers finish at least 10-6. Their schedule isn't that tough. Even if both teams finish 9-7, the Packers could easily have the tie breaker. Right now, each team has only 1 loss in the division. The Packers will sweep the Lions and Bears. Can the Vikes? I don't know.

Vikes fans should be embarrassed today. You barely beat the lowly Lions. It is now clearer than ever that the Packers will win this division.

Just wanted to point those out. [face_devil] :p

Go Lions!

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't watch enough football huh. ;)

13. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    "You Viking Fans should be embaresed you barley beat the lowly Lions" Hey Jaxson the key word in that statement is we BEAT the Lions twice the Packers beat them once. Hopefully the Vikings can win this Sunday and get thier 2 game lead back.

14. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Well todays game you can only blame on one person, Mike Tice why you ask well if he would have kicked that feild goal when it was 20-17 it would have been tied and the Vikes would have kept the momentum. Insted we fake it give the rams a chance to score again and get momentum back in thier favor wich they did. I mean the Offense played pretty good the D played as well against the Rams powerful offense. The Vikes blew a chance to show the NFC that they could still compete with a very good team but insted they fell on thier ass. It does seem that the NFC north title is the title no one wants whenever a team has a chance to make a run at it they say hell no cause both Viking fans and Packer fans should both be embarresed at this crap

15. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I was acutally impressed by the vikings today. Dante was on and Randy had a big game. Bennet looked good and The D had a few nice looking series. They were just overmatched by a better team.

I think Tice made a bad call with that Field goal thing but then, It's nice to have a coach that doesn't take a knee.

This was one of those games going in that you knew the Rams were the better team and we were playing in their house. The Vikings had a chance, They could win against the rams but only if they stayed with them, which they did not.

Not a shameful loss at all. You kind of expect these kinds of games when your a team that is really still rebuilding.

The only thing that concerned me was the line. They were just not blocking well today. The rams went on some all out blitzs but then the Vikes should have had some short pass ready to go for dante to dump it too. But they just came in too fast for even that.

16. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    Neither of these teams deserve to win this division. Both are awful. Watch out for the Bears. They're playing better than either the Vikes or the Pack right now and they still could pull this out. I'm thinking 8-8 can win the division at this point.

17. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I'm thinking 8-8 can win the division at this point.

Yea no kidding. One things for sure. which ever team makes it is only going to be a speed bump in the playoffs. :(

18. KFisto_352

KFisto_352 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2003
    amazing game. i was at my lego league competition and we won. but i heard how the game was going cause some guy brought a transistor

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    What a game the Vikes finally looked good against a good team. Moss and Danunte were on the same page the Defense played good pass was a little sluggish and dumb penlties but all in all a great game. Next week hopefully we can finish off the North against Chicago

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    I don't know. There were only 2 False Starts and Tice made Good on Pulling the Guys. One time he was half way to the huddle to yell at the guy as he was coming off the field. :p

What a punter though huh? Did you see that run on the busted Punt! that was so sweet!

I was at the dome today and my voice is raw now! what a great time that was.

not 1 but 3 Deep touchdowns! :D and 2 near misses! :eek: Bennet? 100+ yards. Dante? no interceptions... SuperFreak? 2 Touchdown Catches! Punter guy? One really cool run! Defense? Couple of nicely timed sacks and interceptions, one of which went----all---the----way! :cool:

Only our Field goal kicker looked bad. :p

21. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    If the Vikes run the table (win the rest of thier games) they could host a playoff game. These games are games the Vikes can win at Bears CHIFS at Cardinals. The only problem with that is this is the Vikings who for the past month they have yet to play consistantly good and this is not the time of year to be screwing around. So GO VIKES bring home the NFC North Title

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    all the games are winnable but then they are all loosable too.

The Chiefs will be tough. They are simply a better team. The Vikes can do it if they are on TOP of their game but they have to be on TOP of their game and maybe get a bit of Luck.

They can do it but as long as they put up a fight I ain't going to be down on them if they don't.

23. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    So Viking fans, how does it feel to know the Packers are going to win ANOTHER NFC North title? At least you still have a shot at the wild card. :)

24. Jedi76

Mar 28, 2002
    Hey now Packer fans don't be getting to cockey need I remind you all what happend before the Eagles game? On to todays game the Vikings had to many penilties and the playcalling was a joke. It just seemed weird to not run the ball or just run the clock take the feild goal and take the game into OT they had the momentum just another example of stupid playcalling even though Moss should have had that pass if he would have put a hard effort into it but NOOOOOOO. So GO VIKES dont lay down on Saturday like you did today

25. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Oh come on Jaxon. I don't think Vikings or Packer Fans have any excuse to talk a lot of smack this season. Both teams are going to just a smear on the windshield of the Rams or Eagles anyway.

Both teams could get to the playoffs. The Vikings may not get the title but still could get a Wild card. Same can be said of the Packers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.