main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Thoughts of the Vikings 2003 Season

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi76, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    Ok then, I'll put stock in their 7-2 record in November and December. I'll also put stock in the fact that they absolutely blew out those 4 bad teams (3 of whom the Vikes lost to). I'll put stock in #4, who seems to be on a mission with his dad's passing. I'll put stock in #30 who is only behind Jamal Lewis in rushing yards this season. I'll put stock in #84 who is only a 2nd year receiver but who has been coming on like gang busters in the past month or two. Finally, I'll put stock in a defense that is vastly improved since Grady Jackson was added in November. The Pack likley won't make the Super Bowl, but I don't think any team wants to face them right now. They're rolling.

2. JediRaver

JediRaver Jedi Master star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    I'm actually a Packers fan and I love Favre, but I think it's getting a little silly how all the announcers, etc. have him just about cannonized. Yes, he's a great QB, but give it a rest.

3. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Ok I know the Vikes didnt make the playoffs they blew a chance to be in Viking fans have heard it for going on 3 weeks. Yesterday however was sweet redemption when the Packers did the same thing. The Packers like the Vikings had the people behind them they had the game won they blew 2 big 4th downs thier defense collapsed like the Vikes. Also what was Farve thinking with that pass? So for both Viking and Packer fans this is going to be a long offseason and get ready for Sept 12 2004 the first week of next season I am counting down the days and hopefully the Vikes will take care of some unfinished business taking out the Pack and bringing the North home for the Vikings

4. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    I'd of Kicked the field goal.

:p Kinda funny. All the Packer fans at my work were going on and on about that Field goal that Tice passed up in the Arizona game and then the packers go and do the same thing.

I guess that's why I try not to trash talk too much.

Though sometimes I fail. ;)

Seriously though. Too bad it was Farve that really messed up in the end. I am just glad this is not his last year. I would sure hate for THAT to have been his last pass. Say what you will but I do like Brett Farve.

5. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    A few points - first, any Packer fan who ripped Tice's decision to go for the TD on 4th and 1 doesn't know what he/she is talking about. The correct decision in both cases was to go for the TD, unfortunately for both teams, the decision didn't pay off. However, still doesn't mean it was the wrong decision.

Second point - no way anyone should pin this loss on Favre. The guy made one really stupid pass, but the Packers should have won that game 4 or 5 times before that. The loss should be on the shoulders of the coaches and the defense. The Packers should have won the game with 2:30 left and a 4th and inches staring them in the face, instead they punted. They should have won with Philly facing 4th and 26 yet a bad defensive call by the coaches and bad play by the defense enabled Philly to convert. They should have won right at the end of the game when Donovan McNabb threw a pass into the endzone that went right through Mike McKenzie's arms. That should have been an int. They also should have won the next play when one of the Packer defenders had McNabb in his arms but was unable to pull him to the ground. That sack would have ended the game, Philly would not have been able to stop the clock for a field goal. (By the way, that second attempt at a touchdown was the stupidest play ever. Andy Reid should be fired for not kicking the field goal right then and there. A sack or a completed pass not in the end zone would have ended the game for Philly.)

One last point - I laugh at any Viking fans who view this loss by the Pack as redemption. The Packers are back to back division champs and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs and nearly won. The Vikes sat at home during the playoffs. I know you want to feel better about your squad, but what the Packers accomplished this year still dwarfs what the Vikings did. The Vikes choked away a division championship after starting 6-0 and having a three game lead. If you want to view the Packer loss as redemption go ahead, but I'd be more concerned with only the 2nd team ever to start 6-0 and not make the playoffs.

6. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    No. Tell us how you really feel. :p

It's looking like a Philly-New England Superbowl.

My Money is on New England. They have a better rounded team. Though I will say that if ANYONE has a chance of beating them in Boston it is the Colts. The only problem is the Colts are a Dome team and Dome teams usually have trouble in the outdoors come winter time.

Just something I noticed.

Philly Could drop one to the Panthers but with them loosing the Championship game twice in a couple of years I would be very surprised if they lost it a 3rd time.

7. Rett_Brone

Rett_Brone Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2001
    To top off our season, I just wanted to point out that in the latest edition of the Onion paper (Jan 21th) everyone should look under STATshot.

The latest is "What are we pretending to know?"

At 17% was How to Coach the Minnesota Viking.

Cheers...

8. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    This has nothing to do with the Vikings but I am going to say it anyway. Yesterdays game was a great way to end a good season. All the Superbowls need to be like this. Remember as of today everyone is undefeated lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.