main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Thoughts on a Post Credits Scene for VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "You think you're the only scoundrel in the galaxy"?

2. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I don't think it's a good idea, and I doubt it will happen. I suspect that Abrams will stick very close to the original formula here. That said, it's great in Marvel movies where it kind of offers the same feel/purpose to the "epilogue" page at the end of the many comic books. It works for Marvel, not so much for Star Wars.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Let it be a Marvel thing.

4. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I'm Ok with like a quick preview for a Boba Fett spin-off being shown after the film, but I mean AFTER everything's done. Don't make it apart of the actual film.

5. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Galactus attacking the death star

6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    You know what I want for a post credit scene? Episode VIII. Other then that, nah, not interested.

7. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

8. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010

They might mistake him for Mace WIndu!

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    This is Star wars. There shouldn't be one. The biggest and most revealing scene should be the next to last one.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol come on now people a post credit scene is hardly going to ruin the magic of star wars.

11. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Disney is a big corporate machine, and anything to get more promotion (and, by extension, more money in their pockets) will sound good to them. So I can see them doing post-credits scenes.

Do I want them? Not particularly, although I would at least appreciate them a bit if they play to and embrace the serialized structure that served as the basis of Star Wars in the first place.

DarthIshyZ and markdeez like this.
  12. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Seriously, I wouldn't mind.

markdeez likes this.
  13. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    It's not that. It's just not a SW thing. SW has a pattern that it follows, and a post-credit scene messes with that.

Beezer likes this.
  14. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    Not in the Saga.

Maybe OK for the spin-offs which will have their own styles.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I say no. It's too much of a trope these days with many films, and thus I feel it would be an unnecessary addition to Episode VII.

Palpatine77 likes this.
  16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I like the post-credits scenes in the Marvel movies (and in general). I don't think there will be a full scene in VII, but I think we may see one last crumb of Star Wars-centric content, kind of like the Vader breath at the end of Episode I. Maybe a musical change or some other kind of audio, some kind of Episode VIII anticipation line like a website or "coming soon" announcement. Or maybe a hidden message.

Star Wars is a serial, and I think when you have the number 7 in the title of your movie, it's OK to acknowledge your serial nature with some kind of pointer to 8.

Ahsoka Tano will return in
    Star Wars: Episode VIII -- The Trouble with Togrutas
    Coming soon

17. IronAngel89

IronAngel89 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2014
    Me personally, for Star Wars anyway, I don't want to see a "post/after-credits" scene. I think it's kind of cheesy. I get why Marvel movies do it so much, because most comic book fans already know what to expect, nothing's a surprise. However, Star Wars is something that can always be new, it's not an adaptation of a story already told, it's a new story with each movie and I think surprises should remain surprises.

18. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

Sometimes it is related to that movie and sometimes it teases future events in the next or an upcoming movie or both.

This is suited to the Marvel movies and is very cool, but it doesn't really fit Star Wars.

I would wager there is less than zero chance.

However, I think it would be cool if Lucasfilm tried the One Shots idea. 5 minutes shorts featuring the main characters or focused on the background aliens.

They could release them on star wars.com or even before the movies in the cinema.

19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    ...or 5 minute Star Wars Pixar short...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronAngel89 likes this.
  20. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    You know I hate it when I have to do this Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    My thoughts on a post credits scene for Episode VII is that there should be no post credits scene for Episode VII.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The entire film will be post-credits.
    First "A Long time ago", then the crawl - and then just iris to black, "Directed by JJ Abrams", followed by five minutes of credits. Then the movie starts.

Lastly, a text will come up on the screen, asking the audience to turn off their cell phones before the movie starts.

23. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Post-credits scene for the first spinoff:

BOBA FETT CRAWLING OUT OF THE SARLACC PIT, standing up, and looking into the camera

People would go NUTS

24. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

Lucasfilm has it's own animation department - but an animated one shot would be good too.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    But it would be so cheesy! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.