main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Thoughts on a Post Credits Scene for VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    I don't see this as being too un-godly awful. It's just a new-ish tool film makers are using these days. I could see Ep V ending with the final scene with the Falcon flying away from the medical frigate after credits. And please don't blast me for saying that - it's just a concept.

Those of you that are older, like me, consider it a Columbo thing. "Oh, one last thing, Mr. Jones..."

The teasers I can recall:
    • Avengers - the guys are sitting around a table eating Indian food. Yeah, throwaway scene.
    • Iron Man - Agent Fury approaching Tony Stark with one line, "I'd like to talk to you about the 'Avengers' project." WOW! WOW! Foreshadowing like nobody's business.
    • Iron Man 2 - Bottom of a crater showing Thor's hammer and Agent Coulson walking up to it. Mild foreshadowing of the Thor movie.
    It's not a bad thing, guys. It's a tool, and if done properly can put that exclamation point at the end of a really good movie. See the Wikipedia page about it for more good examples.

Oh, and as to the Star Wars folks respecting the saga enough to leave it be... That's exactly what I thought until the Original Trilogy was re-issued as the "Special Edition" with Han shooting second and a ring around the exploding Death Star. Yeah... they respect the saga.

Abounder and TheBBP like this.
  2. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Sure, and let's have a dance number at the end of the movie, and outtakes intermixed with concept art during the credits.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Saying "it works for the Marvel movies" does not make me want post credits scenes for SW. It helps remind me why I don't want them.

plaidphoenix and Pfluegermeister like this.
  4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    A resounding no from me.

5. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014

Interesting topic OP. I for one hope they do not go down this path.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Don't the POTC movies have after-credits scenes? And aren't they really really awful?

7. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Not really. They're complete throw away scenes, like the dog in #2 being worshipped by the cannibals. If SW were to do it then I'm sure they'd be more like Marvel where it is a clue or something meta/obscure reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ and TheBBP like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's out of the stylistic wheelhouse of Star Wars for sure but Disney owns them and they pop up all the time in blockbusters so I'm gonna go with a definite yes for this.

9. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Nnnnnnnnope.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ambiguous sound effects

11. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    *burp* 'scuse me.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Something famous in Disney movies (Marvel),is an after Credits scene. You think they will put one in The Force Awakens? What do you think it could be?
    Maybe teasing Boba Fett alive!!?!! :eek:

13. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Howard the duck lights a stogie with his lightsaber.

B99 likes this.
  14. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There is an old thread on this somewhere, but, no, I doubt they will have a post credits scene.

EHT likes this.
  15. C Creepio

C Creepio Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 1999
    It'd be terrible and wouldn't fit with Star Wars at all. I'd hate it. Those scene are usually nothing more than commercials for the next movie...with some exceptions:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Airplane!

In my opinion, the 3 best "secret endings" of all time.

B99 and ThreeDeathstickProblem like this.
  16. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    This is Star Wars.

There won't be an after credits scene.

HanSolo29 , C Creepio and B99 like this.
  17. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Space. From between the shimmering stars something floats towards the camera. It's. ...a hand! The hand unclenches and written on tits palm in pen is 'Episode VIII: Now the Hand Awakens'. The hand gives a thumbs up and flies like an aeroplane towards a distant and mysterious planet.

18. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I looked and searched for one, didn't find a thread..
    Im personally not for one. Even PiratesOTC had them..

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

Also...

20. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hard thread to find for me.. Im glad im not the only one who doesn't want one!!

ThreeDeathstickProblem and EHT like this.
  21. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    This is how it would look it it were in the age of #EverythingsConnected:

Following the credits of Episode I, feature the Naboo Dumpster, with Darth Maul's remains twitching.
    Following the credits of Episode II, feature a glimpse of Ventress and Grievous reporting before Tyranus
    Following the credits of Episode III, feature the Yoda Landing on Dagobah deleted scene
    Following the credits of Episode IV, feature Sidious making reference to Death Star, Mark II.
    Following the credits of Episode V, feature ... I don't know. Someone picking up Luke's lightsaber from the Cloud City dumpster?
    Following the credits of Episode VI. feature ... I don't know. Something about Boba and Sarlaac? Someone checking out Vader's crispy helmet?

Sum-Wan likes this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    :p I'd be okay with Finn and Rey winding up on Asgard. "I say thee... HEY? Where in the galaxy are we?"

Seriously, it does not matter either way for me. Post Credit Sequences are hit and miss. If there is a post credits sequence, I hope it's a cliff hanger and longer than 10 seconds. If we must sit through 10 minutes of credits make this worth it.

23. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    An after the credits scene doesn't really sit well with me when it comes to SW. Not a single SW movie has needed one or had one thus far, so it wouldn't really make sense to just suddenly throw them into the saga.

24. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I'd love if they threw in a Vader breath at the end of the credits just to screw with everyone :D

25. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    No. It would be inconsistent with the firmly established structure and styling of the other episodes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.