main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Thoughts on a Post Credits Scene for VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Maybe they can have an after the credits holiday special

2. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'd rather no bonus scene with the main trilogy. I appreciate them and they are fun but I feel after credits scenes make the movie feel less complete if that makes sense. I like the ending to be the ending and be left pondering the movie rather than scratching my head as to what the tacked on scene meant. It works for Marvel because because that's how comic books worked too with overlapping stories and cameos galore. I wouldn't mind if they went this route with the spinoffs though. I'd probably welcome it. More Star Wars content the better...but with 7-9 I feel anything we need to know to watch the next one should be made apparent in the story itself.

Rabs and B99 like this.
  3. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Well we now that Marvel/Disney likes to do this stuff, they're great because they give you a little cliffhanger, but would you like it on TFA??

And if you want it, what would you pick, a Rogue One sneak or something for E8??

Would you like something a la Avengers where Thanos was smiling on a throne? Maybe Snoke smiling on a throne in his space ship?

And what about a double post post credits scene, Marvel did this with Thor and Cap Murica.

In my opinion this will give the new era a cool look because it's something extra for the fans and also it's more promo for they.

4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    I don't want to see a post-credits scene in TFA...but if one is added, then yes, let's see a Rogue One preview!

5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    No thanks... I would like a Rogue One preview before the film but I think they will wait until next year to gear up for that.

6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    plz no

Import_Jedi likes this.
  7. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I'd be okay with it for sure but probably not. I'm here to see one Star Wars film. Showing me anything from other Star Wars movies might put me into cardiac arrest from too much excitement lol

8. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    100% NO

and this thread is redundant so... IBTL

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Thread merge

10. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Thoughts on a post credits scene in a SW saga episode?

[​IMG]

Rabs and thejeditraitor like this.
  11. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    I think the post credit should be right at the end, none of this in the middle of the credits, make people wait through a super long credits and then we see something that resembles the throne room, we see the back of the chair, we wonder who is sitting in the chair, the chair turns around to reveal Ackbar who then shouts - Its a trap!

StoneRiver likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Post credit scenes are mandated by the filmmakers unions. It was the only way to force audiences to stick around and find out who the gaffers were.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would love a post credits scene like the one rumored for Rogue One after TFA credits roll !!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    nope Nopety nope no ... no 'sassy' reveal. no characters doing kookiy things. no breaking the 4th wall. no random but obvious tie in to the next series PLEASE. Just end it with John William's music and I will stay til the end anyway just to listen.

15. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    LINK

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  17. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    No, I sure hope not. If it hasn't happened in another film, you can't start now.

18. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Good, not to say Star Wars is above that. It is though.

19. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    I don't think there will be one. Just a hunch.

20. Vemrin

Vemrin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 24, 2015
    I woldnt cry foul @ a rouge one teaser after the credits kinda like the matrix sequels did wouldnt be the same as a scene

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.