main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts on bespin Darth Vader, this figure is a must have! ! !

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by lordmack, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmack

lordmack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2002
    I got one today along with palpatine, but man I was shocked how good this figures looks, the detail is amazing, the props that come with it only make the figure better, to be flat out honest, Dooku and Yoda might be good figures, but this Darth Vader is the best represention of him in 20 years, the realism is unbeliveable, this vader is a must have for every starwars figure collector, and I mean every word, this figure is awesome!!!!!!!! :D

TIP: display the figure in front of the walkway pieces, for a out of this world display!!!!!

Likeness: 10/10
    Accessories: 10/10
    durability: 10/10
    pose: 5000/10

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The only problem with this figure is that the lightsaber won`t fit in his hand,and the cape won`t stay on.

3. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    I haven't had those problems with my figure, the cape and lightsabre fit pretty well, although I do agree the cape easily falls off, but the lightsabre shouldn't be a problem since it is force attracted to the hand, anyways the figure is awesome, and I think others will agree this is the best figure in the AOTC collection. hey, good luck with cape and lightsabre man. :D

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    The lightsaber and cape are fine on my Bespin Vader. The only "real" nitpick I have with him is that weird hip thing. How funky looking!! :D

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    It does look great and depicts the scene very well. I still believe they should make one and only one Vader with a separate assortment pack for things like what comes with this Vader. I don't need a new Vader for every pose he ever made in any of the movies.

6. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    This Vader is great, and I will state my meaningless cons of the fig: Mine has no magnet power whatsoever... none. Too tall in comparison to Bespin Luke. Strange plastic used for the walkway...

7. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I agree. No magnet power at all.

8. MsFormula

MsFormula Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Mine is fine. And it's one of faves in my collection.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I haven't bought any figures in years and even I had to buy the Vader and Bespin Luke because they looked so awesome.

10. jojoballs2002

jojoballs2002 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    ilike this figure but i have had problems with the cape and the plastic

11. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    well my figure's magnet works pretty well, I still say its one of the best figures in AOTC collection. I think I'am going to start posting figure reviews pretty soon, so look out.

12. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    I might be posting a Palpatine figure review pretty soon.

13. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    I agree that the detail is great. My only nitpick is i think Vader is too skinny. He's not as solid looking as he looks in ESB. I mean if you compare Vader from ANH to ESB he looked pretty damn skinny in ANH and in ESB he looked like he put on some weight. Got a little more muscle. But maybe its just me.

14. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    i bought 2 . 1 to open 1 too not
    it is awsome

15. Jedi_Fenix

Jedi_Fenix Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I agree I do like the New Vader. I do wish his Cape was cloth in stead of plastic but none the less it is a good likeness of him ..

16. Yoda_Windu

Yoda_Windu Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2002
    I have one, but its in the box. I want to open it so much becuase it loks so cool. Maybe I will go and buy another one.

17. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    While I don't think this is the best Vader of the line, it is a darn good figure representing a key scene in the saga. It seems to me as if Hasbro's best work has come with Vader, and the figures have improved each year.

My personal favorite Vader is the 25th anniversary one that came in the 2-pack with Obi-Wan. It's just the best scale and likeness if the figure IMO. If the removable helmet Vader was taller, that one would take the cake.

18. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    I thank everybody for agreeing with me on the bespin Darth Vader, HASBRO needs to make more figures like it, I think I might buy another to keep in the box, after all this is the best Vader figure of all time.

19. Yoda_Windu

May 28, 2002
    I said screw it, and I opened the one I had in the box, and it is definitly worth it!!!

I love this figure, the only bad thing is the cap falls off some times, and vaders hand dosent really fit the lightsaber.But other than that, this fig is teh best one I have seen so far.

20. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    HERES SOME TIPS YODA-WINDU, tape the cape to the figure, do the same with the lightsabre, Vader rules!!!!!

21. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    I do agree that the legs are a little skinny, and and cape falls off easily, the light-sabre problems I have never exprienced, but good luck for those who are having problems with the figure, anyways this figure is best displayed out the box, Vader rules!!!!!!

22. Yoda_Windu

May 28, 2002
    well, the only time his cap and saber falls off is when Iam messing around with him. But since he is so cool lokking, I mess around with him alot. I mean, there is no way I could keep a figure like that just sitting on the shelf with his cool pose and not play around with him and luke.

23. lordmack

Jul 5, 2002
    YODA-WINDU, I agree the figure looks so amazing that its hard to put it down, that is what makes a good figure.
    Vader rules!!!!!!

24. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Never opened mine, but I would have to say that if Vader's cape cannot stay on, AND if he cannot grasp his saber, AAAAAND if he cannot force-summon said saber, then what good is he?

In its package, the figure is very impressive though. I'm partial to the Interogator Droid Vader and the Removable Helmet Vader. Ah, here's to many more years of Hasbro squeezing us collectors with so many figures of the same character!

25. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Damn straight Darth Vader Rules!!
    And yeah,this is the BEST figure of him (until the Unleashed version comes out).The thing I like about him is if you have him off the card,stand him up lookin straight at you like you were seeing him from Luke's point of view-he looks excatly like the tattoo I have of him on my upper right forearm.I'm gettin three, 1-unopened,1-opened & 1-for the dashboard of my van.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.