main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts on Dark Journey

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ben_Max, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    After reading Dark Journey, I thought that it was really good. And I was glad to see a book come around that focuses on the acts and thoughts of Jaina Solo. But there was one thing that bothered me a little. Although she was the central character and gets more put into her, I think that maybe the author either put a little too much thought into her or not enough of everyone else.

Aside from Jaina, pretty much everyone at all times sounded like a weak, babbling, idiot. That in the entire galaxy, Jaina was the only person with a fully functional brain.

For example, in the book, at a time when Leia is think about Jaina and thinking that of all her children, Jaina was the one who she was so sure would never turn to the dark side.....HUH???

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that of all the Solo children, she was the one MOST LIKELY to fall to the dark side. I thought Jacen was the least likely. I even thought this during TYJ series. She was always the type to get angry, and let her emotions control her actions.

I just think that maybe she was made too invincible and powerful in the book. Maybe this can be considered nit-picky, but it was really my only problem with the book. This is probably something that not many others would really notice or care about, but....that's a virgo for you.

I'm kind of hoping that I'm not alone in this. Anyone else out there get this impression?

2. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I agree with Leia's thinking that Jaina seemed the least likely to turn, but I do agree with the rest you said :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.