Thoughts on Episode 3

Discussion in 'Richmond, VA' started by amaunet, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Please post your thoughts (did you like it? what if anything did you not like?) here.

A few ground rules:
    1) Everyone has a right to their opinion. Please respect that some people may not have liked things you did.

2) if you do not agree with something that someone said, please feel free to respond nicely--ie no starting fights, no saying that someone is stupid/ignorant/etc.

3) Please keep your posts TOTALLY about the movie (though the one exception is that if you had problems--like our theater in VCC losing the picture for 20 minutes-- feel free to share.)

4) if the above rules are not observed, i will have the thread locked.

2. Shockley Jedi Padawan

I'll get back to ya once I see it tomorrow... ;)
  3. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehehe...we are seeing it tomorrow again as well. To try to see the 20 minutes VCC left out lol
  4. jainasolo11sticks Jedi Knight

star 1
    thoughts after viewing one (opening night):

the opening sequence was beautiful. i really felt like i was there, more than any other time in any of the films. *two thumbs up*

one of my biggest complaints is how anakin was like "you're the evil sith lord!" to "what have i done?!" to "i'll do whatever you ask." i mean, we'd been leading up to the point, but it was like he went from confused to darth vader like *snaps* that.

my favorite two yoda moments were when he slashed the troopers at order 66 and when he dropped the guards when he went to see palpy without doing much of anything.

anakin and padme...seriously, i had to hold in giggles sometimes during their scenes.

the darth vader acting at the end...the whole "NOOOO!" made my friends and i turn to each either and laugh. it was just weird. hearing james earl jones again = good. the acting = bad.

a few of us have complained about kashyyyk...where were all of the trees?! we saw some, but not nearly enough. and they didn't venture to the ground below all that often, correct? maybe this is still early and that doesn't matter yet...i haven't read enough books to know everything, but...

oh yeah, and when the youngling says "master, there are too many of them. what are we to do now?" and anakin does a snap-hiss of the lightsaber...*oh the woe*...breaks my heart.

after viewing two (first saturday, afternoon):

the dialogue didn't bother me this time :) the audience wasn't as reactive, so that took away a bit from the energy of others around me, but they still clapped once and then laughed once.
  5. Shockley Jedi Padawan

I loved every second of it :D!!!

I really enjoyed the ending starting with the Ani and Obi fight scene. I really got a sense of nastalga.

I would watch 20 time if I had the money and time
  6. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I liked it alot.

I wasn't really impressed with how they used Grievous. I thought he could've been more menacing.

I thought the explanation for Padme's death was rather weak. She lost the will to live? Meh.

My favorite scene is still the last shot with Owen, Beru, & baby Luke standing at the sunset of the twin binary suns. Brought a tear to my eye.

Great flick!
  7. SuperShipley Jedi Knight

I think it was sucky, it was sucky the 1st time I saw it, then it was sucky the 2nd time I saw it, I bet it'll stil l be sucky the 3rd - 5th time i'll see it, and i'll have to make sure I get the DVD so it continues to suck.

now we're the special edition where only jedi die, and none of the 501st

PS THIS IS SARCASM HAR HAR HARHAHRAHR
  8. Kmunee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Overall, I loved the whole movie, but somethings did
    kinda catch my eye after the second time I saw it:

The duel between Anakin and Count Dooku was over too fast. I did enjoy Dooku's taunts toward Anakin though!

Anakin's sudden change to the darkside, could have been done better. I concur with what someone else said above my post about this same subject.

General Grevious(sp?): Before the movie I was lead to believe we was some kind off bada** Jedi killer, yet in the film he is an unskilled, cowardly cyborg with smokers cough. His bodyguards were more impressive to me. They should have followed the Clone Wars template.

The duel between Anakin and Obiwan: No real problems there, except the dueling was a little hard to follow. It was so fast, that you could barely see what was happening.

Vader's dialogue: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I don't think anymore needs to be said about that.(verly melodramatic)

The RotS ranks number 2 on my list of SW movies, foloowing closely behind The Empire Strikes Back.

9. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Without commenting too much on what has been said, here are some thoughts to think about:

1) ALOT was cut from the movie to keep it in the optimal time---WAY too much if you ask me. I suggest reading the book if you can't wait for the Imax or DVD versions to add it back in.

2) Lucas commented on Grevious stating that he wanted to a: reflect on what happened in the cartoon, b: show him a little damaged and that is how Kenobi is able to defeat him by himself where other jedi were quickly dispatched. Personally, until I knew the reason behind it, having a hacking bad guy was a little sucky.
  10. pod_civc Jedi Knight

Ya know i am going to have to say that i ABSOLUTELY LOVED that flick. and Can't wait to see it again. Only this time going up to Tysons Corner and seeing it on the digital screen. Here is the link: http://movies.channel.aol.com/showtimes/theater.adp?tab=showtimes&theaterId=1767 . So I know that I have not posted on here in like uh well forever, but I wanted to do so since this movie cam out and Just wanted my opinion noted. Thank you for your time.
  11. Mastermorgan Jedi Knight

I thought the whole movie was fantastic.
    Grievous disappointed me, he was supposed to be very scary, a big Jedi killer, instead he was a coward who used his four lightsabers as a shield while he hacked up a lung.

The Anakin vs. Dooku was way too fast, it was supposed to be big, but it wasn't.

My favorite part was Anakin vs. Obi Wan, i was really moved by the whol fiht, especially Obi Wan's speech while Anakin was burning. The score added to the battle too.

I didn't really understand Padme's death at all.

Basically Two Thumbs up one of the greatest movies ive ever seen!
  12. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Glad to see some old members resurfacing and new faces joining the group.

And more importantly, glad to see that most people liked the movie--Even with Lucas's editing some explinations and scenes to keep the story focused on Ani.

13. pod_civc Jedi Knight

Yeah man I LOVED it seen it 3 times already shottinmg for at least 10 this summer and hopefully one of those future times will be in Tysons @ the DLP theater, So who is with me :)

GB
  14. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually Lee Highway theater is like less than 5 minutes from me. It's not a bad theater really, but folks up here don't care for it much. They prefer the DLP theater in Annapolis. I have to agree it's a better theater, but if I had to compare Lee Highway to a theater in Richmond I'd compare it to the Carmike theater screen size wise and setup wise. But the theater lobby is more the size of the Ridge lobby when that was around. Lee highway has more screens though. Keep in mind the DLP screen isn't very big but it was nice.

Keith
  15. Swan_Lover Jedi Padawan

Absolutely a fantastic movie! Loved it!

The opening sequence was great and lots of action. Palpatine's seduction of Anakin to the dark side was an intriguing story. Loved the duel between OB1 and GG. The final duel on Mustafar was certainly an epic.

Saw it for the first time in Bluefield, VA. The screen was dirty and the picture rolled for about five minutes after Mace was killed. Not to mention the sound was not very good. Went to see it again at VCC in Glen Allen last weekend. Much better. I should have waited to see it there the first time! :)
  16. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    absolutely fantastic movie....seen it 12 times..One more to go and i will beat the AOTC record. It's still playing at the commonwealth four times a day. I got todays paper and it looks like it will be around another week.

KEITHABBOT:
    interesting...I traveled to Annapolis to see my 12 viewing. Wow what a great theatre..I heard some uncomplimentary things about Lee highway; so i decided to travel the extra 20 minutes..wow!! good stuff..

so you remember the "Ridge" huh? man..that was a great theatre..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.