main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thoughts on Season 3

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Carall-the-Corellian, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Carall-the-Corellian

Carall-the-Corellian Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2011
    So season 3 of the clone wars wrapped up a couple of weeks ago with an entertaining appearance by the mighty Chewbacca. Having had a bit of time to look back at the season as a whole, I realize I was expecting a lot more. I mean, sure there was Savage Oppress, Chewbacca, Quinlan Vos, and even Jedi Master Di, but I guess I was looking for a little more action. A lot of the episodes were dry and filled with senator negotiations or just didn't exude the excitement I was hoping to find. Am I being to critical of a tv show that is set for a target audience of pre-teens?

So what are all of your opinions of how season 3 turned out? Did you like it, hate it, or wished there was more of something but were still satisfied?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    My post from the "Favorite season so far?" thread:

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Season 3 had few wonderful episodes (Finale duology, Citadel-arc, Heroes on Both Sides, Nightsisters, Monster,)
    Few good(Clone Cadets, Hunt for Ziro, Supply Lines, ARC-Troopers, Sphere of Influence, Witches of the Mist ) rest was huge disappointment- odd boring political episodes and then while they obviously hoped Mortis would save the season i didn't like that arc so for me as complete season season3 was disappointing failure -unholy alliance of politics and magic- weird plotlines and even more plotholes- terribly hype from few Savage actionscenes and secrets were not revealed at all.......compared to 2 previous seasons it was very unentertaining- especially eps 5-8 were more or less lame.....

4. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    My thoughts on Corruption from The Greatest Episode of The Clone Wars (Ambush Through Mortis) thread:

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Tarkus: Wall of text :p

6. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah, I thought you were going to save us from that. :p

7. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Well, both of those posts were old posts from other threads, and I actually wrote the wall of text before the other post, so it's still accurate. :D

8. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    It makes me very sad that none of the many Corruption-haters want to talk to me about it. :_|

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I thought this season was mostly meh. I didn't really like any of the episodes, and quite a few of them felt pretty contrived. Seeing Asajj Ventress's past was kinda neat for a few seconds, but then they proceeded to butcher the rest of her story.

Oh yeah, and to everyone who thought Ahsoka would die in this season....HA YOU WERE ALL WRONG!

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    in fact she maybe she died in Altar of Mortis- at least from a certain point of view[face_skull]

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, she actually did die, but was brought back to life.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Debatable. To me the dialogue makes it clear she was still alive.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I have to rewatch the scene. I remember they slowed down the part where Ahsoka fell, but don't remember all the details.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I remember paying close attention to the dialogue at the time, and it seemed to say that Ahsoka was being consumed by the dark side, but not dead.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Considering the nature of Mortis i'm not sure if death would've been even possible- she was in supernatural state that would lead to death

16. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Anakin: "Can you help her?"

Father: "There is no light. The evil has been unleashed, and the dark side shall consume her."

Anakin: "You must help her!"

Father: "I cannot undo what is done. There is... no hope."

Anakin: "Yes, there is. There's always hope!"

*Daughter points to Ahsoka*

Father: "Then let my daughter's last act be to breathe life into your friend."

*The Force Theme plays*

Ahsoka: *cough, cough*

Anakin: "Hey snips."

17. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I loved episodes 1 and 2. Hated all of the middle episodes. I doubt I will watch them again, even if I buy the DVD. They were slow, boring, had nothing to do with Clones or really about the War. It was space drama, done poorly. The Mortis stuff was meh, the the last few were decent. It was nice seeing Tarkin and the prison break-out, but I hated how Echo went out. Waste of a good character, and Fives had less personality than Echo did. We had just a hint of seeing Republic Commandos, but that was just a tease --dissapontingly so. Ahsoka's character growth and the introduction of Chewie was a nice touch, but it doesn't overcome the garbage of the middle parts of the season.

All in all, this season was a dissapontment compared to the great teaser trailer we had. I hope we actually see more about the war in the coming season.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I say they should make the trailer first next time, then make the episodes based off it.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Nice that someone else sees that too:p[face_whistling]
    in fact that was the reason why they killed him instead- Fives has now time to develop personality and loss of Echo felt more meaningful than loss of Fives who is just a number really:p

whostheBossk likes this.