main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thoughts on the Ewoks and Droids cartoons

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Bobakett, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobakett

Bobakett Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2001
    Hi, all this talk of the clone wars cartoon made me check out my old Ewoks and Droids tapes. Just wondering what everybody's favourite episode is from each series.

I love the Tail of Roon comets episode from Droids. The scenes in the bar at the beginning are pretty cool as well as R2's little dance. I prefer the episodes that involve the Empire and Admiral Screed remains me of classic Star Wars.

However my favourite character was Thall Joben it's a shame that he was old in four episodes, and its pretty obvious that he was a replacement for Luke Skywalker. They basically looked the same except that cool hair style that Thall had. I liked the idea that C-3PO and R2 change masters throughout series, this is what I felt made the show more interesting.

I have always thought that Ewoks was more childish, with it's cute little characters. However I did like the Dulocks, I always hope that there would be third live action Ewok movie which would feature these guys. Although saying that the marauders from Battle for Endor I quite similar, with their small intelligence, king and desire to terrorise.

I guess I?m asking what are your favourite episodes, characters?

And whether you have any other thoughts on the show that you would like to share?

Oh, and in the episode on Droids: a Race to the Finish, you know the one that features Boba Fett. The race is referred to as the Boonta Eve speeder race does anyone know the connection with the Boonta Eve podrace in TPM.

2. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    I've never seen them. I really should. I think one of the local videostores has some of both of the series.

3. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeah, they were good cartoons. Fun and entertaining. Can't wait for the DVDs!

4. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Both of these cartoons are the worst example of animation to ever cross a Saturdy morning TV screen. All copies should be located and destroyed.

Now a new Droids cartoon featuring 3PO and R2 would be great! There are all kinds of animation styles that are extremely high quality and would present a much better cartoon, not that drivel from the 80's.

5. General_Windu

General_Windu Jedi Master star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    I have never seen them. They look really bad to me. I'll stick with Clone Wars

6. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    All copies should be located and destroyed.

That's a little harsh. I rather like the Droids cartoon. (I haven't seen any of Ewoks yet.) If all copies are to be located, please give them to me. :D But please, don't destroy them. :p

7. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    PEZman4,
    Ya I guess destroying them would be harsh. If I round all the copies up I'll give them to you if you promise never to show them to anyone. ;)

I actually used to watch the Ewoks cartoon quite a bit. I like it but it was on about the time I was getting "too cool" for cartoons. I never could get into the Droids cartoon though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.