main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Thoughts on the podrace announcers?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by True Sith, Apr 13, 2016.

1. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Pretty straight-forward. Personally, I didn't mind them for the most part, but I've often seen people mention the announcers as one of the reasons why they didn't enjoy the podrace.

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I thought they were cool. Its kind of nice to have one announcer, two heads, one for each primary language of Tatooine. Never got the hate towards him/them. Plus they are barely noticeable in the film at large.

3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    They were hilarious!

4. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I agree completely. Plus they sound like actual announcers for actual races or other events, so I thought they were fine

5. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Yeah, the bilingual coverage and also the goofy color commentary are why I love the announcers. It really helps flesh out pop culture in GFFA. I mean the announcers are an ingenious little part of TPM there on the side.

Seagoat heels1785 Could somebody maybe merge this with the other http://boards.theforce.net/threads/start-your-engines-star-wars-podracer-drivers-part-2-podracing-discussion.50039157/]podracing[/url] discussion thread we have?

6. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    How could anyone hate a goofy two-headed alien sports announcer, one of whose heads is voiced by Greg Proops? That's peak Lucasian Star Wars right there.

7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I thought they were a little too silly, but not enough so that it would hurt the movie in any way for me.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  8. Mint3

Mint3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2016
    I loved how they treated the Tusken Raiders firing at the racers. They just seemed so causal about it.

They don't seem to be the "make or break" a movie thing though. They were barely present at all. If someone uses the announcers as a reason to dislike TPM, then they have a severe case of nitpicking.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    They are one of my favorite parts of TPM, thought that was one of the more comedic things in the movie that worked well. And honestly they aren't any more ridiculous than a lot of real life sportscasters here in real life.

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

This IS the Star Wars fandom :p

Just about any complaint in any film in the series could be called a nit pick from a certain point of view.

That said I agree with you, as I said above they worked well.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    great design and actor.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
  13. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Definitely not my favorite SW character. Not that it destroys TPM for me, but I could very well have done without him/them/it. I'm glad we already have Jar-Jar as "the most annoying SW character". So he gets more screen time and we don't have to bear that announcer more than a few seconds. Jar-Jar at his worst is not half as silly.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    An original and interesting character. Both things that are missing on current Star Wars works...

15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I've often wondered what the average citizen in the SW universe watches on television on an average day.

Obviously the pod race announced by these guys is one thing.

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Id really like to see one of their species as a Jedi or something. I'm kind of sad we haven't really seen any of them since ep 1.

17. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm fine with the announcers as I don't really find them that annoying. I actually kinda like them.

18. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    They were a little on the nose.

"I don't care what universe you're from, that's gotta hurt." is pretty weak writing at best.

Love TPM though.

FutureEmperor and Sith Lord 2015 like this.
  19. sonnyleesmith

sonnyleesmith Jedi Master star 2

Apr 29, 2014
    For me the problem is their cadence and characters are from OUR world and inserted into the GFFA. It seemed so out of place and unnecessary. Although I love Greg Proops.

FutureEmperor likes this.
  20. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Worse than Jar Jar.

21. Torib

Torib Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2016
    I thought they were fine.

Huttese 101 and Ezon Pin like this.
  22. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    I love them! I think, like some people have said, he/they (XD) is/are an interesting character/s XDD. I think is a kind of parody of the presenters or commentators of wrestling, racing and etc... I like the humor of some of his lines! And he adds a different touch to the universe of Star Wars. He is on the film a little short of time at all, I don't think he annoys. It's another point of view of the universe of Star Wars, everything can't be serious in those films.

23. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Cringeworthingly terrible (and that's being nice)

24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Disliking Greg Proops is not allowed.

25. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    I liked the announcer(s)! It was funny when he/they referred to Anakin as "that little human." It reminds me of when the humans on the Naboo cruiser referred to R2 as "that little droid."