main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

thoughts on those who hoard!

Discussion in 'Archive: Philippines' started by DARTHMAULDER, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    hello mga guys! Like all of you, I'm a collector. Nag-start ako nun lang 99, when TPM was released and I should say that this is a very, very addicting habit.

When Clones was released, syempre hanap agad ako ng action figures but I was dissapointed and somehow nagalit coz nung tiningnan ko yung mga tinda sa Toy Kingdom, walang Jango, Yoda, Dooku (which I was looking forward to buy) at sabi nung saleslady eh meron na daw bumili in WHOLESALE! bad trip ako lalo kasi kinuha daw lahat nung kung sino man sya lahat ng mga chased characters.

lalo pa kong nabadtrip when I saw one Jango Fett (kamino escape) in a mall and it was worth 1,500 pesos!!!! grabe! asar talaga! isipin mo 1,100 agad ang tubo!!! ano sa tingin nyo guys?

2. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    REALLY?! You're serious about the buyer who bought ALL the Jango, Yoda and Dooku AOTC action figures from Toy Kingdom?! No wonder when I went there just after AOTC started its run, the only figures I saw were the least interesting ones like the magnet-soled Anakin. (Sorry, Ginny :D)

Damn! That's why Toys 'R Us in the US put up a limit on the number of toys one person could buy when the AOTC toys were first released - to prevent an incident just like that from happening. :mad:

3. jedi_ginny

jedi_ginny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi, Darthmaulder! Thanks for joining us here. Let me first take the opportunity to promote our group. Please join us over at Yahoo also at:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starwarsphilippines

Now that that's out of the way....

Actually, ako rin frustrated. This is the year I have decided to turn collector (at least when it came to Toys), and I never found any of the ones I planned to get! Darn. But really, that's bad, especially for the serious collectors. I'd blast someone into oblivion if I personally saw one hoarding.

Anyhoo, merchandising and collecting will be a big part of the site we will put up for the Pinoy fans, so watch out for that. And please feel free to give us any suggestions. Better yet, join us sa EB this Saturday, 2:30PM at Starbucks in Podium. Look for a blue lightsaber on the table. ;) Check the thread for the EB for details. :)

4. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    No disintegrations, Ginny. Please. :)

I haven't been to Galleria lately...I hope those toys are still there come next payday.

UPDATE:
    Collectors..would a certain Charlie Go ring a bell? Jedinov, you know him? I heard he's got a good hold of those Toy Kingdom people.

Just wanted to clarify that. :)

5. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    oks mga pre! pero tingnan ko rin kasi medyo busy sa school. Medyo hectic kasi sched ngayon eh!(alam nyo naman pag nasa college diba?:)

ngayon lang din ba kayo nagstart magcollect? ako kasi medyo marami na ring naco-collect and medyo marami rami na rin akong nakikilalang mga collectors (as in big time collectors talaga!) kakainggit nga eh! kaya sa mga small time collector na tulad ko eh nakakaasar naman diba? kasi syempre limited ang budget kaya kung i-hoard pa nila kawawa naman kami diba? :(

Yeah... I have heard of this Charlie Go... and many collectors are accusing him of this vicious act...

disturbing this puzzle is...

6. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    How well I understand College life... Heheh.

Anyhoo, invite all those collectors you've met to join us here and at Yahoo too, okay? :)

7. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    definitely!

It's about time we have our own JC here...

8. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001
    my thoughts on those who hoard? what a bunch of A-holes! :mad:

i complained to Toy Kingdom a while back and all they did was discontinued the reservation list (which was even worse since that's the only way i can get my stuff). they said that all they do was put the toys on the shelves and everythings fair game after that. what i requested was to put a limit on the quantity to be purchased of a particular toy (like Amidala or R2 or Obi-Wan) but did they listen? well, why don't you cruise the aisles of Toy Kingdom and find out.

9. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Star Wars Philippines has its JC, as a matter of fact.

So, that Charlie Go is quite notorious, I see...

10. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes, Star Wars Philippines does have a JC, actually. I'm the Senior Member (I'm the Yoda of the group with only an ion of his wisdom and command of the Force. Heheh); Stomp is our Fanforce Coordinator (and serves as "Mace Windu"), then Cholo (jedinov) coordinates our Merchandising and Collecting activities, and Patrick (hat_tr1ck) coordinates stuff regarding the movies. We're not really an official JC yet, as far as Fanforce is concerned, because we have yet to be recognized as an Official Chapter, but we function pretty much already. :)

You actually raised a very valid issue here, so I hope you keep posting and sending in ideas or proposals regarding Collecting. :)

11. darth_Evader

darth_Evader Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    hey, all.

ok, lang sana kung bibili sila ng marami tapos ibibenta nila ng may kaunting tubo, pero 1k+ na tubo, hindi na yata masaya yun.

sinisisi ko ang toy kingdom dahil dito. dati kase nagbibenta sila ng star wars bago pa man lumabas ang pelikula pero for Ep 2 sila na yata ang pinakahuling naglabas. kaya naman nagsamantala ang ibang toy stores, naglabas sila pero halos triple ang presyo.

Toy kingdom is the biggest toy store here in manila, they command the prize in star wars toys kase nga naman kung 300 lang sa toy kingdom at marami walang rason na mahalan ng ibang maliliit na tindahan pero dahil kaunti lang tumataas ang presyo.

B.E.S.T. lowered their prize when they found out toy kingdom has star wars toys na kahit hindi naman nila alam kung anong mga figure ito. ginawa nilang 300 ang presyo pero noong nakatunog na sila na wala naman palang magandag figures sa toy kingdom taas uli ang presyo. luckily, i was there at greenhills when they lowered the prizes kaya i was able to buy the figures that i need.

nakakapagtaka lang kung baket di magaganda ang figures sa toy kingdom...kailangan yata nila ng researcher.

darth evader

12. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    but do you guys know that the wave that was released here were scarce in the U.S.? esp. the Palpatine figure. I think it was worth $19.99 at brianstoys

But who wants a lame looking Palpatine? or a rebel soldier? The scalper knew that Jango Fett, Dooku, etc. were kick*#@ figures, so he got them all.

I was lucky enough to get a Clonetrooper, a Massif and a Zam Wesell.

But I want a Jango Fett... a cheap Jango Fett...

13. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001

but do you guys know that the wave that was released here were scarce in the U.S.? esp. the Palpatine figure. [hr]
    its not that scarce anymore, i just saw a Palpy figure at Target and its priced the same as the other figures.

14. darth_Evader

darth_Evader Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2002
    during the first few days of the star wars movie dito, wala ng count dooku sa states.

luckily i found one at toy kingdom :)

bad trip naman yung reservation list sa toy kingdom, eh ayaw pa nilang igive up yung ibang toys na hindi naman agad kinuha ng mga nagpareserve!

15. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    Pag nasa 'Pinas ka nga naman! -sigh-

16. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    They are back!!

This time, they're after the new "Two Towers" figures esp. the awesome Legolas figure and the Easterling.

I was at SM last Friday and saw one collector buying 4 Legolas figures! The people at Toy Kingdom told me he owns a Toy Store at Festival Mall!

I presume we'll see those figures at "mind blowing" scalper prices soon... tsk! tsk!

17. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

Wow! Went to Toy Kingdom and saw only the new Faramir TTT figure, and konti na lang na Legolas ones. Didn't see anything else! Weird. Guess they ARE back. Grabe talaga!

18. hat_tr1ck

hat_tr1ck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Why can't them hoarders just buy the stuff online or have somebody from the US purchase the items for them and have them shipped here instead of buying from a local store and jacking up the prices too much? Why don't they follow Cholo's example?

At times like these, I just wanna demonstrate the power of my armed and fully operational battle station. :mad:

19. jedi_ginny

Apr 25, 2002

Ya know, Imperial Senator? This time I agree with you. Fire away, I'll use the Force to aim. LOL.

20. degs

degs Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2002
    Nabalitaan ko rin sa AFTimes.com ang hoarder na yun.

Bumibili pa naman ako sa tindahan nila dati.
    Pero ngayon, boycott na ko.

I also sell stuff, pero i see to it na ang binebenta ko ay hindi ko hoarded!

IMHO.
    Degs

21. DARTHMAULDER

Nov 16, 2000
    My friend once told me "Parang pirated CDs yan eh. habang me nabili, magbebenta at magbebenta yan".

See what scalpers did at the UAAP Finals tickets?

tsk! tsk! Pera nga naman...

anyways, to all Atenistas out there... CONGRATS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.