main
side
curve

Lit Thrawn Alliances Book - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Diego Lucas, Oct 6, 2017.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 25, 2016
    So we really are getting a Zahn written Padme, nice!

Be very interesting to see what the structure of the book is, because it seems like the clone wars segments might be the driving narrative, perhaps with the Vader/Thrawn parts serving more as interludes? Either way, very interesting stuff.

2. padme.sky

padme.sky Jedi Padawan

Oct 30, 2016
    yesss More Padme!

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I feel like it's going to be a complete half and half. They're only releasing the CW-era stuff as previews so it doesn't spoil whatever the present-day plot is.

4. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Could be, yeah. I'm just curious, because unlike last time there's no Vanto to serve as the reader's POV, (as far as we know) it's just Vader and Thrawn in the present. I was thinking we might get the Imperial stuff as a framing device and just have the majority of it be a CW adventure with Anakin and Padme as the POVs.

But who knows, maybe one whole half of the book is told via Pellaeon freaking out on the Chimaera as Thrawn and Vader deal with stuff.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Saw that Padme poster over in SWC. Was wondering where it came from. Now I know.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 9, 2003
    Is Padme pregnant in this book?

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    We dunno when it is set during the Clone Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2015
    Probably early 19 BBY. I think the Clone Wars ended in the middle of this year and Padme is starting to look pregnant.

Also Anakins attitude in the audiobook seems a little darker than TCW. He gets angry and impatient. I think as we got closer to ROTS, something happened to make him more edgy. It wasn’t Ashoka leaving. He was with her right before ROTS on Mandalore

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2015
    If Anakin's outfit is anything to go by, it will be set earlier in TCW era. He could always don the Jedi armor again, but it would be weird/inconsistent for the continuity.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM
  10. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Could always just be the artists interpretation of Padme as opposed to anything serious