main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THRAWN AND THE MANDOS

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by cronedoggy, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I think I have figured out the long term plan for a few elements in rebels. Note: I don't actually assume I'm right, this is just fun speculation for me.

A few points weren't lining up for me.

1) Thrawn. Part of Thrawn's charm in the books was that he was the underdog. I didn't get how the show could do him justice, with him being in charge of the empires military and the rebels not even being an alliance. Having Thrawn just fail against the ghost crew seemed to slap the character in the face.

2) What are the Mando's up to in the galactic civil war and why is Sabine's starbird the symbol for the alliance?

3) Filoni has said the rebels can't have a "major victory" until Scarif due to the opening crawl of ANH. How will the show limp along without rebels getting a major victory?

I think, that before the formation of the Rebel alliance, Sabine will help unite Mandalor against the empire. An entire planet of warriors that aren't part of the rebel alliance can have major victories against the empire. They will ultimately be completely and utter crushed by Thrawn's brilliant tactics.

The defeat of Mandalor will galvanize all the rebel cells to finally join together. They will be inspired by what was accomplished and use a modified version of Sabine's starbird as their banner.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.