main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I can haz bookstore and order. So I shall surely get my hands on the anniversay editon with more blue hotness. :D

But wait. Did tehy change the release date? Because I recall with certainty my desperation of not being home when I came out.:confused: And I shall be back in September. Huh? :confused:

Aaaynway, preorder to home it is then. [face_dancing]

2. Merlyn_Gabriel

Merlyn_Gabriel Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    The 20th anniversary HTTE has been pushed back again and the other book "Choices of One" is more Mara / rebel based I think.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Mara/rebels huh?

Great. My favorites. [face_plain]

4. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I thought that Choices book was the sequel to Allegiance and had the Hand of Justice and such? :confused:
    Eh, it's Zahn. I'll read it anyway. [face_laugh]

5. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    QFT, my friend. QFT. :D

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, if it has anything to do with Allegiance then I probably won't read it. I couldn't stand the first one.

7. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Um. I actually haven't gotten around to reading Allegiance yet... anything I need to know?

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    First of all, hello again everyone! :)

Second of all, Neila, Allegiance in a sentence: rogue group of stormtroopers + Mara Jade as Emperor's Hand + occasional appearance from the big three + set during the classic trilogy. If any of that stuff appeals to you, read it, but otherwise you're not missing much. I liked it to an extent.

9. neila_nuruodo

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, the classic trilogy always was my first and only love... I pretty much hate the prequel stuff and the sequel stuff is beginning to get out of hand. :p Perhaps I'll give it a try.

10. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Being a sucker for Zahn-books does the trick, too. ;)

11. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Sorry for the double post, you should have been more active. :p
    Just wanted to say there's a sneak peek available and you can read the second chapter of Choices online. I knw because of fb, where Mr Zah assured me there'll be lots of Hand of Justice in the book. The chapter online focusses on canon movie characters...

The short story in the anniversary edition is going to be 18k words, IIRC. I hope all of them will be about Thrawn. :D

12. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
  13. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I never got why people want to draw characters as ponies or wolves. [face_thinking]
    Maybe we can take this as a starting point to discuss the amount of body hair ont he original?:p

14. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Has anyone ever mentioned about the possibility of a child of Thrawn showing up in the EU??

It can be done since there's plenty of years of gaps in Thawns life which are unknown. Thrawn could have had a short lived relationship or even an affair with a Chiss woman at some point.

It would be so awesome if a legitimate son of Thrawn were to be brought in and he was just as much as of a brilliant military leader as his father.

15. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I could get behind Thrawn children. Given Thrawn's infamy in Chiss society, I imagine it wouldn't be easy growing up as his kid, and that could make for some interesting storytelling. I'd rather they not be so much like Thrawn though, otherwise it would just be a rehash of the same character.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    But we wouldn't want a Triclops either.

17. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    It's not necessarily a bad thing. It's better to have a son of Thrawn who's a lot like his father, then to have a clone of Thrawn.

18. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    not a big fan of animalization of people either and I definitely don't see Thrawn as a cute pony thing, but that's just me.

and a little OT but it was announced just the other day that Starwars galaxies is shutting down in dec. *sad* so when the shut down day comes I will be leaving Merlyn on the Balcony at the Emperor's retreat with Thrawn.

19. Etain

May 11, 2008
    A good thing that we own have our own priveate version of him.
    Or I would be quite in a fix with him stuck on a balcony when I need to invade Byss. [face_laugh]

I think it's because of the new game. Stupid money-making mechanism, IMO, to shut down the old game.

20. Merlyn_Gabriel

May 28, 2005
    3 more updates and an epilogue to go and after almost 10 years Daughter of the Empire books 1,2,3 are done.

[image=http://www.virulent.de/dote/IMG_3444sm.jpg]

Kind of scary.

21. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Ahahahaaaa *hysterical laughter*
    Let me just have a small fangasm here, because the Pelly Fan Club is closed.
    Chapter One of Choices of One is up. [face_hypnotized] [face_love]
    Go, Pelly, go!
    *gets out pompons and does a cheer*

Sry. [face_blush]

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So Odo is obviously Thrawn.

23. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Well, I wouldn't mind. [face_dancing]
    But I also wouldn't mind if he's a new addition to zahntastic OCs of the GFFA. [face_love]
    Also ODO! ST DSN anyone?
    *faints*

24. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Aaaaah!
    Sry, for the double post but I just had to share this. (Because I meniotned my Dod = ST DSN problem...)

*faints*

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000