main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Thrawn Fans Unite !!!!! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Lordban, Apr 5, 2001.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well obviously Ahsoka would outsmart everybody.

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    But of course, how could anyone hope to dare to stand against the mighty. . .snips' :rolleyes:

3. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    That's exactly why I don't want to see Thrawn humiliated in a CW3D serie.

Grievous was charismatic in the cartoon and then now in the CW3D serie he's just pathetic, fleeing all the time and being almost beaten by a padawan and a droid.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I suppose it's too late though. He already appeared in the Children's Galaxy of Fear series like a decade ago. :p

edit: Also, Grievous was better in the cartoon than he was in the movie. But you're right, given how many times the heroes fight Grievous and Dooku in TCW, it's sort of anticlimactic and pointless that they have their confrontation in ROTS. It'd be more like a "oh, you again??"

5. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Oh yes I've read that children book, "The Swarm". I've just read the moments where Thrawn was making an appearence, there were some good things and some stupid things as well. The children were annoying and trying to discuss with Thrawn and say they're right and he's wrong because the Empire is baaaad... -_-

I wouldn't want to see Thrawn in a CW 3D episode, having to flee like Grievous because his plan has failed. His plans should never fail! especially when there's no Noghri involved [face_laugh]

6. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Now I've never seen Clone Wars anything, 3D or otherwise (and fully intend to keep it that way), but how could Thrawn be in it? Isn't he exiled and marooned during those years? The short story Mist Encounter takes place after Palpatine is already Emperor.

Or would that just be another sacrifice to the continuity gods? It certainly sounds like the CW TV show makes a lot of those, from what I've read on here...

7. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Yes I think they don't care about the continuity at all.

That's what troubles me!

8. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Thrawn was discovered in 19 BBY. There is no reason why he has to spend more then a couple of days alone.

He could show up in CW no problem.

9. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    discovered AFTER the Empire was officially founded.

10. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    We could see him exiled or something.

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    His exile and banishment to an uninhabited planet was a Chiss legal action some time after Outbound Flight. It is highly unlikely, to improbable, that Thrawn would have ever left Chiss territories far enough beyond his borders to be involved in anything else from the CloneWars that I can think of.

12. Nagai

Nov 15, 2010
    Jedi could get lost.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Alright, further to the various information that you may, or may not, have read, I have created a sticky with the most up-to-date information about the Move, as in, for those not in the know, the time-scales for our migration from one server (IGN) to the next.

Please do read this, and keep an eye out for further updates. I shall be updating the opening post periodically (I'll note when).

Happy Reading!

14. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    So, group, I have an all-important question: if you could have one item signed by Timothy Zahn from your collection, what would it be?

15. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Please tell me you're joking? :_| I don't want Thrawn to be utterly warped and destroyed by TCW like my beloved Dooku is being! :( I actually *liked* Thrawn and Gilad in the days they were together. I never did finish VotF and SotP. Should I consider doing that? I long for the days when stories were somewhat enjoyable, made sense, and had interesting, good characterization. I think I'm seriously down to *one* living char from EU I like being still alive...and I may even be wrong about that as I quit reading SW with Betrayal because it was so *lame*. Anyone willing to point me to good Thrawn, Gilad, and Talon books? :)

16. Merlyn_Gabriel

Merlyn_Gabriel Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2005
    good that we don't even get TCW here.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well. I'm going to miss this place. I suppose this is the oldest thread I still post in.

edit: this post dedicated to Mitth, XCJ, Tam, Calli, Chissy, Inari, Anison, and anybody else in the old crew that I can't recall offhand.

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Awe. You're eliciting an emotional response from me. Now I am questioning my fairwell post to you, but at least it was blue. :cool:

We shall miss you as well Jello. Clear skys and cool runnings.[face_cowboy]

Now that we are back from the move, I am curious if any other Thrawn fans are about? I know Thrawn1786 is currently having difficulty with her account, so for the moment I want to see if anyone else is available to represent this thread in the coming election?

. . .or you know, wants to talk about our ellustrous leader and stragist or his race.

19. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Thrawn, the ultimate military strategist and tactician.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I'll still be around.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Then why shall you miss this place? We aren't going anywhere yet. . .not that I know of anyway.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Look at the date of that post.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good Master of Time ^:)^

:p

25. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    He's still my blue-tinged hero.
    Bets on whether Zahn finds a way to work him into Scoundrels? (Kidding... I hope...)
    [face_alien]